MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
which one is more hilarious, this one or my bully my lover? I'm considering which of the two i'm playing first
While I actually enjoy both I have to say that Eternum is a corner closer to my taste. But you absolutely can't go wrong with either.

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
There's one game I've played that has a team with a good story teller and a top notch artist. Of course, they can't seem to get their act together because it just took them 14 months and change to produce an update that amounts to about 2 hours of play. Maybe two and a half or three if you do all three routes (Pure, Lust, Dark), and read slowly. That info will probably tell you exactly which AVN it is.
I know exactly which one you are talking about and yes, there are some good non-HS AVNs out there, especially the ones who have a different writer and an artist... and I know I am over simplifying things, because there are some crap HS games out there.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I know exactly which one you are talking about and yes, there are some good non-HS AVNs out there, especially the ones who have a different writer and an artist... and I know I am over simplifying things, because there are some crap HS games out there.
This may also be a bit of oversimplification, but I think a top notch writer can become a great illustrator, but it may be more difficult for someone that is a pure illustrator to become a great storyteller.

Illustration is primarily a so-called "right brain" activity and you don't necessarily have to have a lot of "left brain" prowess to be a great artist (I spent years in the local art community, so I've seen this first hand ;) - no offense to my artist friends whose works hang all over my house); however, as someone that has a lot of writing experience (from creative to dull, boring legalistic - which, honestly, can get very creative...), I think the best writers have strong left/right communication.

It takes great organization and analytic skills to construct and storyboard a cohesive story, and plan all of the alternate paths without completely getting lost. It then takes equal skill to make the written dialogue interesting, engaging and not overly repetitive. Sure - some cliches and catch phrases will be part of it, but you can't have an entire AVN using the same dialogue over and over and keep most people engaged (except for the ones that don't read because they're just there to fap to the lewds).

I expect that Caribdis will make the move to DAZ3D, because his skill with HS has seemed to develop over the course of his work and he seems dedicated to making the best AVN possible. I think the only thing that could stand in the way of that will be whether he gets the funding he needs for the right hardware, and to license all of the assets he'd want to incorporate into his games. One game I play seems to use the same two feminine DAZ3D models for close to 10 female characters, and that gets a little boring, so being able to afford a decent range of assets is important to having a truly great game.

My $0.02; your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelyDan14

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
This may also be a bit of oversimplification, but I think a top notch writer can become a great illustrator, but it may be more difficult for someone that is a pure illustrator to become a great storyteller.

Illustration is primarily a so-called "right brain" activity and you don't necessarily have to have a lot of "left brain" prowess to be a great artist (I spent years in the local art community, so I've seen this first hand ;) - no offense to my artist friends whose works hang all over my house); however, as someone that has a lot of writing experience (from creative to dull, boring legalistic - which, honestly, can get very creative...), I think the best writers have strong left/right communication.

It takes great organization and analytic skills to construct and storyboard a cohesive story, and plan all of the alternate paths without completely getting lost. It then takes equal skill to make the written dialogue interesting, engaging and not overly repetitive. Sure - some cliches and catch phrases will be part of it, but you can't have an entire AVN using the same dialogue over and over and keep most people engaged (except for the ones that don't read because they're just there to fap to the lewds).

I expect that Caribdis will make the move to DAZ3D, because his skill with the HS has seemed to develop over the course of his work. I think the only thing that could stand in the way of that will be whether he gets the funding he needs for the right hardware, and to license all of the assets he'd want to incorporate into his games. One game I play seems to use the same two feminine DAZ3D models for close to 10 female characters, and that gets a little boring.
The other problem with HS is that Patreon usually does not allow HS games because it is technically all copywrited.

Reactions: Son of Durin

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I expect that Caribdis will make the move to DAZ3D, because his skill with HS has seemed to develop over the course of his work and he seems dedicated to making the best AVN possible. I think the only thing that could stand in the way of that will be whether he gets the funding he needs for the right hardware, and to license all of the assets he'd want to incorporate into his games. One game I play seems to use the same two feminine DAZ3D models for close to 10 female characters, and that gets a little boring, so being able to afford a decent range of assets is important to having a truly great game.
Oh there's no doubt this is going to be an inevitability. HS1/2 are fine, but you can only do so much with them until you inevitably run out of assets and material to work with. Not to mention the limitations you have to work with in the male character creator...igh.

My only hope though is that he changes settings when he does make the jump because nothing irks me more than seeing IPs that are supposedly set in the same universe but have wildly different art styles that feel like they clash with one another instead of meshing or complimenting one another. Kinda feels like that Original-to-Netflix adaptation meme at work.

Reactions: ajsbsb

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
which one is more hilarious, this one or my bully my lover? I'm considering which of the two i'm playing first
If you plan on playing both anyway, I would suggest Eternium first, then MBML. The main reason is Eternium is much earlier in production, while MBML is much longer. You'll get through it quicker, assuming you read the story and not just fast-forward both.

That's my .02.

:cool: Eric Grey

camube

Jun 4, 2022
i don't. What game is it? Is it Summer's Gone? Where it all began?

I haven't play either actually. I know it's very well known.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Update poll!:
Caribdis said:
POLL: Size of the updates

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to give you all a quick catch-up about the game.
The full outline of 0.5 is now ready, and the main events of the update are all written down!

This time, we will spend more time outside Eternum (aka "the real world"). However, you can expect a lot of different scenarios and situations as always! There will be 3 new H-scenes, and we will be able to continue the romantic progression with all the girls (as usual, some will have more screen time than others).

I'll start posting previews and news about the development very soon, so stay tuned! We'll be there before you know it!

Also, 0.5 will have the amount of content as the previous updates (a big one), but I wanted to use the occasion to make sure that my release schedule is to your liking. I can't work faster (nor slower!
), but I can continue releasing big updates as usual, or release smaller ones (less content, but more frequent).

In any case, let me know what you guys think!

Thank you so much for your support.
Any of this would be possible without you.

You're the best

Caribdis
Options obviously are either bigger and longer or smaller and shorter.
Just like your dicks. :Kappa:

Last edited:

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
Update poll!:

Options obviously are either bigger and longer or smaller and shorter.
I don't care about bigger or smaller as long as the amount of content we get fits the time it took to release it. Don't need another developer (name withheld, for now) taking 2 years between updates.

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
This game is nuts. I've been exclusively playing 2dcg games all this time, but since I've read so many good things about this one I decided to give it a try. Oh boy... I'm absolutely hooked. Obviously, once I finished this one, I downloaded Once In a Lifetime too and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I tried to give other 3dcg games a try, starting from the most liked ones in this site, but most of them try to go for this realistic look which gives them this uncanny valley feel that I can't get over. Do any of you experience this too, and which games would you recommend? Thanks!
I recommend Desert Stalker and The City Of Broken Dreamers

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
May I ask if i want to change from v0.3 to 0.4 do i just replace the files and the savedata will still be there?
You should see a Renpy file folder on your HD that will contain a folder for each Renpy game you've played. It will have your save files an your persistent file. When you start playing the update, you should be able to pick up where you left off. Depending on the game, you may have to scroll back a page or two to get the update to engage an not think it's at the end of the game.

When a new release comes out, instead of saving over the old game files, I archive the folder to an offline HD and install the new release on my laptop. If you use mods, you also need to download the latest version of the mod and install as directed. I do this because I like to keep the old one until I finish playing the new one; once I'm through the newest release, I save it on the HD and delete the old version.

I've heard that using the fresh install, versus a save-over install, is typically better as some folks have run into issues trying to save over the old version, especially if mods were involved.

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: papap123123

browse_man

Jan 2, 2019
This game is nuts. I've been exclusively playing 2dcg games all this time, but since I've read so many good things about this one I decided to give it a try. Oh boy... I'm absolutely hooked. Obviously, once I finished this one, I downloaded Once In a Lifetime too and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I tried to give other 3dcg games a try, starting from the most liked ones in this site, but most of them try to go for this realistic look which gives them this uncanny valley feel that I can't get over. Do any of you experience this too, and which games would you recommend? Thanks!
What you're referring to is the daz3d software that games like Melody and Being a DIK use right? I HATE how those models look too so I only play those that use Honey Select models (like Eternum and OIAL). The uncanny valley thing is way too much for me.

For HS games I highly recommend Pale Carnations, as well as House In The Rift and Ripples. The latter two are at least one or two tiers below Caribdis' games imo but Pale Carnations... well it competes with Eternum for #1 on this site for a reason. Still prefer Eternum though ;)

camube

Jun 4, 2022

What you're referring to is the daz3d software that games like Melody and Being a DIK use right? I HATE how those models look too so I only play those that use Honey Select models (like Eternum and OIAL). The uncanny valley thing is way too much for me.

For HS games I highly recommend Pale Carnations, as well as House In The Rift and Ripples. The latter two are at least one or two tiers below Caribdis' games imo but Pale Carnations... well it competes with Eternum for #1 on this site for a reason. Still prefer Eternum though ;)
you two should try The Arson Betrayal. It has an engaging plot and uses Honey Select too.

Pale Carnations is still the best, haven't try Eternum yet, about to, that's why i'm here. But you two should try Arson Betrayal. It deserves to be more popular too!!

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021

is House in the Rift really that good? I played it a bit, got into it cuz it had that whole dimensional/sci fi plot that got me hooked to Ripples, OIaL and Eternum, but just started feeling like a sandbox with repetitive scenes to unlock more scenes with no real plot progression

4.80 star(s) 909 Votes