camube

Jun 4, 2022
Quick question, generally, when a game has a Harem tag, like Eternum does, does that mean the player can have relationship with all the love interests?

In Eternum the MC can have relationship with all love interests at the same time?

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Quick question, generally, when a game has a Harem tag, like Eternum does, does that mean the player can have relationship with all the love interests?

In Eternum the MC can have relationship with all love interests at the same time?
if Once in a Lifetime, the previous game, is any indicator, yes it should be possible, though I think there will probably be like backlash from certain girls finding out about each other, and if you don't get the right amount of score with each of them (and probably making some sort of deal with Chop Chop), you won't get the full harem ending.

Just my speculation anyways, the sisters and Nancy probably gonna fight for a bit, then fight over MC's cock, so that should be fun. Considering Nancy's personality after she starts showing her horny, she might be the first to cave and accept the harem out of the 3 lol

camube

Jun 4, 2022
if Once in a Lifetime, the previous game, is any indicator, yes it should be possible, though I think there will probably be like backlash from certain girls finding out about each other, and if you don't get the right amount of score with each of them (and probably making some sort of deal with Chop Chop), you won't get the full harem ending.

Just my speculation anyways, the sisters and Nancy probably gonna fight for a bit, then fight over MC's cock, so that should be fun. Considering Nancy's personality after she starts showing her horny, she might be the first to cave and accept the harem out of the 3 lol
i actually realized that enjoy non-harem games more. Having to choose one over the other adds to immersivity to me than harem.
But it's not at all a make or break for a game. Ultimately, story is the most important factor.

Reactions: jocoyo

Grimlock99

Dec 24, 2019
i actually realized that enjoy non-harem games more. Having to choose one over the other adds to immersivity to me than harem.
But it's not at all a make or break for a game. Ultimately, story is the most important factor.
To be fair, Once in a Lifetime had individual endings for each girl, there wasn't any big differences in the endings though, so if you really wanted to, you could just shoot for one girl in eternum and have that non-harem experience. Me personally, I want all the girls, they all have awesome personalities.

Grimlock99

Dec 24, 2019
So, how are the endings for the girls that weren't choose or had their path dropped? I always do the harem route when playing OIAL so I have never do the solo route or non-harem paths.
I don't quite remember exactly, but I think you don't see any of the girls you drop in the ending, like you don't see what happened in their lives, as for the individual endings themselves, there are I think the harem ending pictures but remove all the girls except the one you picked.

Eliza

Oct 3, 2017
I don't kno how much a non patreon opinion counts for, but for what its worth, i tend to prefer shorter updates at a faster clip, as long as a dev remains relatively consistent. The thing is once i learn the rhythm of a dev's release pace, I tend to self regulate my consumption of games depending on different factors, like how much i like the game, how long its been since the last release and if my patience is wearing out, if the overall schedule of all the games i follow is feeling thin or way too full, or if I'm particularly busy for or exceptionally free for an extended period of time. Faster releases means more leeway and options for self regulation basically.
In other words, overly slow releases means the dev is in control, leaving me no choice but to wait around and wonder. Meanwhile, fast releases means I'm in control of when I get around to it. If I'm concerned there's not much to see, I can choose to skip it, but it's there for me if i happen to want it, or get curious and want to check in.
For this game specifically, I'd prolly consume the content as fast as it releases for the most part, cuz the quality is high. A more nuanced concern is whether it would affect the story telling. This guy likes to end on cliffhangers. Would more releases mean in the long run of this game the story beats would have more end points, and that would decrease the quality of the writing overall, or perhaps make it start to feel rushed? But I'm relatively confident in the dev here, so, as long as all other variables remain consistent, ye i skew towards prefer speedier releases.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Oh holy Caribdis, could you post a music playlist? You've had good taste for a while now.

This is the playlist used so far for the game as of v0.4.
P.S: I still can't find the one used when Nova throws the pan at the protagonist.

Last edited:

Crazy4Oreos

Apr 14, 2020
I moreso just wanna know what else they're listening to irl lol I for one have recently gotten into Aphex Twins and old racing game music from Racing Lagoon and R4 Ridge Racer. So stylish

starkj

May 17, 2022

This is the playlist used so far for the game as of v0.4.
P.S: I still can't find the one used when Nova throws the pan at the protagonist.
Come On heartbreaker is so good, i think this one plays when you go to Alex home.

browse_man

Jan 2, 2019
is House in the Rift really that good? I played it a bit, got into it cuz it had that whole dimensional/sci fi plot that got me hooked to Ripples, OIaL and Eternum, but just started feeling like a sandbox with repetitive scenes to unlock more scenes with no real plot progression
Hmm… could be recency bias since it’s the second to last game I played (the last being PC) but I think you need to look at AHITR almost as a kind of palette cleanser. Whereas games like Ripples and Eternum have that drama and sci fi element and sometimes even horror, AHITR is a lot more relaxed and prefers to take things easy in its direction.

Is it the best written game out there? No. Are the characters written with some of the most depth I’ve ever seen? No. Does it have cutesy shenanigans and wholesome moments that will make me take my hand off my dick and smile? Yes.

Besides, I’d say it’s worth playing for best wife Rae alone. She has some fantastic chemistry with the MC, a pleasant surprise considering he’s a self insert.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Hmm… could be recency bias since it’s the second to last game I played (the last being PC) but I think you need to look at AHITR almost as a kind of palette cleanser. Whereas games like Ripples and Eternum have that drama and sci fi element and sometimes even horror, AHITR is a lot more relaxed and prefers to take things easy in its direction.

Is it the best written game out there? No. Are the characters written with some of the most depth I’ve ever seen? No. Does it have cutesy shenanigans and wholesome moments that will make me take my hand off my dick and smile? Yes.

Besides, I’d say it’s worth playing for best wife Rae alone. She has some fantastic chemistry with the MC, a pleasant surprise considering he’s a self insert.
Thank you for the honest review, I guess I'll give it another shot with a different mindset. I liked how the game looked visually, just expected more plot progression since it was so highly rated and close to the other three/four HS games up there

But I guess I'll play it more like a slice of life

browse_man

Jan 2, 2019
Thank you for the honest review, I guess I'll give it another shot with a different mindset. I liked how the game looked visually, just expected more plot progression since it was so highly rated and close to the other three/four HS games up there

But I guess I'll play it more like a slice of life
No worries! I'm glad you found it helpful. Slice of life is precisely the description I was looking for when I posted it.

That song also plays when you reach Nancy's home after the protagonist and Annie are picked up by her as well.
Speaking of which does anyone know what song plays during Dalia's scene at the beach? When Orion claims his bet. :sneaky:

Reactions: Phase_01

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Speaking of which does anyone know what song plays during Dalia's scene at the beach? When Orion claims his bet. :sneaky:

I think this is the song in question.

And here's the entire playlist if you're interested in other songs. It's up to date (v0.4).

4.80 star(s) 909 Votes