Apr 2, 2021
From the poll post:
"Also, 0.5 will have the amount of content as the previous updates (a big one), but I wanted to use the occasion to make sure that my release schedule is to your liking. I can't work faster (nor slower!
), but I can continue releasing big updates as usual, or release smaller ones (less content, but more frequent). "

Ya, the poll is to determine if the dev should keep the current release pattern ("big updates") or cut it shorter, don't think he ever mentioned to make the cycle longer.

Mamonetti

Apr 4, 2020
Right now its 1 update around every 4 months, if he makes updates bigger i imagine it could be like 1 update every 6 months because 1 update per year might turn people off and away.
I was just doing some quick numbers.. more than a month since the last update and 12% would mean close to a year for v0.5 (might be wrong though).

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
This game is nuts. I've been exclusively playing 2dcg games all this time, but since I've read so many good things about this one I decided to give it a try. Oh boy... I'm absolutely hooked. Obviously, once I finished this one, I downloaded Once In a Lifetime too and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I tried to give other 3dcg games a try, starting from the most liked ones in this site, but most of them try to go for this realistic look which gives them this uncanny valley feel that I can't get over. Do any of you experience this too, and which games would you recommend? Thanks!
I have a similar issue, idk why but the daz3d ones always seem to hit less for me than the honey select, in terms of aesthetic and hotness. Of course this depends on the artist and how well theyve made their characters, since honey select can have some pretty mediocre ones as well.

I rarely am able to stick to realistic cg games, but after putting off Artemis for a while I gave it a shot and got pretty hooked to the story and characters, so that one might be worth a try.

In terms of honey select style games, obviously the top contenders are there: Ripples my personal fav beside Eternum, Pale Carnations, Deviant Anomalies (bit iffy on the gameplay but overall aesthetic and scenes pretty high quality), The Inn (pretty good sense of humor from the dev), Dark Magic (bit lower quality than the others but not bad), House in the Rift, Harem Hotel, Oppai Oddysey (last 5 are sandbox, but Oppai Oddysey kinda of a blend of VN as well)

Be aware tho, once u play Eternum, Ripples, and Pale Carnations, as well as a few others, you might not be able to play any other HS games due to getting used to their quality :HideThePain:

Would also like to recommend Mist, original artstyle but pretty good scenes and story

Some other realistic artstyle games are good, just have less stories that I'm personally a fan of, or the artstyle is too uncanny valley like u said, or just straight up unappealing/not that hot. But there are some that have pretty hot, more stylized models.

Personally would love to see a spin on daz models by Caribdis, see what kind of game or characters he'd be able to make, knowing him they'd be pretty spicy, especially his milfs and tomboy/badass chicks :BootyTime:

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Hey, Caribdis. I wrote a review but it was deleted for breaking some rating rules and now I can't write reviews for this post anymore. Anyway, I'm not sure you check massages here but I just wanted to say your game is brilliant in every aspect and was probably one my biggest inspiration to get into developing. Wish you best of luck! :)

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Hey, Caribdis. I wrote a review but it was deleted for breaking some rating rules and now I can't write reviews for this post anymore. Anyway, I'm not sure you check massages here but I just wanted to say your game is brilliant in every aspect and was probably one my biggest inspiration to get into developing. Wish you best of luck! :)
Hey lad/lass,

I'm curious about your review :) If you still have it, why don't you try posting it in the comments section?

Reactions: Flynn974

thegeo

Aug 10, 2017
From the poll post:
"Also, 0.5 will have the amount of content as the previous updates (a big one), but I wanted to use the occasion to make sure that my release schedule is to your liking. I can't work faster (nor slower!
), but I can continue releasing big updates as usual, or release smaller ones (less content, but more frequent). "

Ya, the poll is to determine if the dev should keep the current release pattern ("big updates") or cut it shorter, don't think he ever mentioned to make the cycle longer.
For devs who I dont trust to actually release huge content updates I would rather see shorter updates to at least get some crumbs (Waifu Academy....) but for games like Pale Carnations and Eternum here I think the current schedule works just fine because the big updates *actually* happen on time lol.

autotactic

Jun 30, 2017
I came here just for the art, I dont care about renpy or visual novels, but oh god, this is incredible, the start was funny, but the darksoul reference was divine

Edit: Im on the magic academy, at this point, I came for the tits and stayed for the jokes, this is gold

Last edited:
Reactions: DirtyMario

Adongetit

Nov 1, 2019
Absolutely can't wait for 0.5.
Loving this game. So far, all of Caribdis's games have been among my favorites (not just in adult games, but in general)
Is that sad? Maybe I'm a bit sad, haha
Wow the god himself liked your comment, blessed my friend.

shucia

Jan 3, 2019
The same incident occurred to me last year. I wrote a review when v0.1 first came out and 3 months later, it was tagged as an inappropriate review and deleted.
Me too, i was comparing this game with other game and thats not allowed, i just wish that at least they giving me another chance to put another review instead of deleting it and cannot review anymore.

Reactions: Caribdis and ArDZer

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Hey lad/lass,

I'm curious about your review :) If you still have it, why don't you try posting it in the comments section?
Heh, it wasn't anything special. Just wrote a short review like "This game is just great.". But since the site didn't let me post it for being too short, I spammed some random characters like "#####" or sth, so it got deleted. I was still kinda new here, so I wasn't very familiar with the rules.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

tunatulia

Sep 13, 2022
Paypal is READY! Just waiting for V0.5!!!!! Honestly,the plot of Eternum really fascinates me now...:D
just finish this masterpiece in subsequent versions
PS(more Dalia):KEK:

OnionCuttingNinja

Sep 26, 2022
I stumbled over Eternum shortly before the release of 0.4, so I didn't have to wait long for that update after reaching the end of 0.3... good for me, because 0.3's cliffhanger was like the cliffhanger of all cliffhangers :eek::ROFLMAO:
Outstanding game!

I'm all for the larger and less frequent updates, btw, and I say that as a chronically impatient person. Yes, waiting can be annoying, but for a story-heavy, mostly linear game/VN like Eternum, a 3+GB download every few weeks for like 15-20 minutes more content wouldn't work that great and probably make people like me only download every 3rd update or so, if that. Good to see most ppl seem to agree.

Lunasmeow

Jul 22, 2017
Caribdis Okay, just finished Once in a Liftime, working on Eternum now. And, just needed to point out a major flaw in the story that makes zero sense.

Nova's lack of a phone.

Now, I get it. Most people know fuck all about actual computers, how they work, and hacking, so I'm gonna assume you fall into that category too. Well, what makes zero goddamn sense, is the girl saying she doesn't have a phone "because they can be hacked" while she's sitting there using a freaking laptop!

Hackers have phones. They either add the same protections to their phones that they have on their computers, (Yeah, that's something you can do with smartphones, because they are computers!) or if they're not that good a hacker/programmer/etc and don't know how to work with phone OSs, and/or are super paranoid, they just get a cheap ass flip phone that isn't a smart phone and can't do anything but make calls. The kind of phone that you can't hack to get anything, because there's nothing on the damn phone except a contacts list, and that's only if you choose to put one on the thing!

Disposable phones are a thing. Prepaid phones, ones that have no contract. Simple shit, AKA "burner phones". I used to procure them when I was in the miltary for military ops. We'd go right to the normal stores on the street and buy them up before sending our guys out on spec ops missions. It's not difficult or expensive to acquire. Anyone can get them.

Long story short, Nova not having a phone because "hackers" makes her look like the worst "wannabe" hacker in the world. Someone who is pretending to be this "great hacker" but really isn't shit. You know how there's always someone who wants to make themselves seem better at what they do than they are? That's what her not having a phone looks like. Especially with the reasons she gave. It's the kind of amateur thing someone who doesn't know hacking would say because it "sounds cool and mysterious" but instead just makes anyone who's into computing know "this person is not who I want working on my shit" then they turn around and walk away.

She's worried about photos on the phone being taken? Just don't use the photo part of the phone! That laptop she has? Most laptops come with a camera instealled on them. Hack the laptop, and you can turn the camera on, without any sign that it is one, and you can actively watch what is happening in the room the laptop is in. That's far worse than a few photos. And she has eternum, which means she has a chip in her brain. If she's paranoid enough to not have a phone, no way should she have hooked up her brain to the network. That's... not something anyone who worries about that stuff would do. Because any connection like that is two way. If they can write to the brain to show you the virtual world, then they can hack your brain. Show you torture and pain. That's the easy simple shit, not even talking about the more malicious things they could do. So... it's weird for her to only be paranoid about having a phone is the point. It's a bad excuse for the character. She needs a better reason to not have a phone.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 910 Votes