DannyLucifer

Jul 5, 2018
Man, I thought this was a story-focused game but another trash on the pile.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Dev says MC is from "Europe", from where? Europe's not a country. This is just a side note, if all the characters are supposed to be Americans why do they look Asian? I know there are Asian Americans but every character so far is Asian.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

This is just a side note, if all the characters are supposed to be Americans why do they look Asian? I know there are Asian Americans but every character so far is Asian.
Engine limitations. Renders are made using Honey Select 2, an engine that, while fast enough when it comes to making renders compared to Daz3D, is notorious for making everyone look either Asian or Anime-ish (even the dev said as much a while back I believe).

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
Caribdis Okay, just finished Once in a Liftime, working on Eternum now. And, just needed to point out a major flaw in the story that makes zero sense.

Nova's lack of a phone.

Now, I get it. Most people know fuck all about actual computers, how they work, and hacking, so I'm gonna assume you fall into that category too. Well, what makes zero goddamn sense, is the girl saying she doesn't have a phone "because they can be hacked" while she's sitting there using a freaking laptop!

Hackers have phones. They either add the same protections to their phones that they have on their computers, (Yeah, that's something you can do with smartphones, because they are computers!) or if they're not that good a hacker/programmer/etc and don't know how to work with phone OSs, and/or are super paranoid, they just get a cheap ass flip phone that isn't a smart phone and can't do anything but make calls. The kind of phone that you can't hack to get anything, because there's nothing on the damn phone except a contacts list, and that's only if you choose to put one on the thing!

Disposable phones are a thing. Prepaid phones, ones that have no contract. Simple shit, AKA "burner phones". I used to procure them when I was in the miltary for military ops. We'd go right to the normal stores on the street and buy them up before sending our guys out on spec ops missions. It's not difficult or expensive to acquire. Anyone can get them.

Long story short, Nova not having a phone because "hackers" makes her look like the worst "wannabe" hacker in the world. Someone who is pretending to be this "great hacker" but really isn't shit. You know how there's always someone who wants to make themselves seem better at what they do than they are? That's what her not having a phone looks like. Especially with the reasons she gave. It's the kind of amateur thing someone who doesn't know hacking would say because it "sounds cool and mysterious" but instead just makes anyone who's into computing know "this person is not who I want working on my shit" then they turn around and walk away.

She's worried about photos on the phone being taken? Just don't use the photo part of the phone! That laptop she has? Most laptops come with a camera instealled on them. Hack the laptop, and you can turn the camera on, without any sign that it is one, and you can actively watch what is happening in the room the laptop is in. That's far worse than a few photos. And she has eternum, which means she has a chip in her brain. If she's paranoid enough to not have a phone, no way should she have hooked up her brain to the network. That's... not something anyone who worries about that stuff would do. Because any connection like that is two way. If they can write to the brain to show you the virtual world, then they can hack your brain. Show you torture and pain. That's the easy simple shit, not even talking about the more malicious things they could do. So... it's weird for her to only be paranoid about having a phone is the point. It's a bad excuse for the character. She needs a better reason to not have a phone.
Well I think it's more about the fact that she has no one to call or send messages to in the first place. Plus maybe Caribdis think that phones are usually more vulnerable than laptops, I don't know if that's true but it's a fair assumption from someone who's not a pro in software security. Just keep playing though, soon she won't need a better reason to not have a phone :whistle:

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Wall of Text.
That's a whole lot of text when you could have just continued playing for a bit. Nova gets a phone. She doesn't have one because at that moment she doesn't really have any friends who she would need a phone for.

The game definetly has some hacking technobabble that doesn't make sense, but this case isn't really one. The phone thing doesn't make sense because it's sn excuse Nova uses to a layperson.

Last edited:

MrSancini

Feb 18, 2018
Some pages ago there was a discussion about games using DAZ3d vs Honey Select, so I'm gonna give my two cents about it:

To me honestly, It doesn't matter. Yep, it's kinda boring when the game have the same DAZ models tweaked here and there for characters, and usually Honey Select have some limitations in regards to male characters, but if the creator is crafting a good story, it really doesn't matter if they uses DAZ, HS or even Koikatsu.

Reactions: shucia and Phase_01

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
To me honestly, It doesn't matter. Yep, it's kinda boring when the game have the same DAZ models tweaked here and there for characters, and usually Honey Select have some limitations in regards to male characters, but if the creator is crafting a good story, it really doesn't matter if they uses DAZ, HS or even Koikatsu.
I personally have no favorite, although I do look at the visuals before delving into a game.

For me, the main thing is the story, even above the sex scenes.

Myself, I have been trying to learn DAZ for a game idea I have. I looked into HS/HS2 but could find NO way to create my own background/stages which would limit me to the standards that come with the game + whatever add-ons I install, so there is that.

:cool: Eric Grey

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Just the other day, me and other people had some comments deleted on the Summer's Gone thread when we were recommeding other games, kinda weird because i've never seen any problems with that before.
Ditto. I presume that mentioning other games in a game's topic is not allowed So i guess if someone wants recommendation for a game they should ask in non game specific topics.

starkj

May 17, 2022
Ditto. I presume that mentioning other games in a game's topic is not allowed So i guess if someone wants recommendation for a game they should ask in non game specific topics.
Probably but never had any problems with that before but ok.

Renart5

Sep 13, 2021
Day 388 of pretending this game doesn't exist so it gets as many updates as it can so I won't go through existential dread waiting for one after realizing it's probably as great as the first game.

I still hold on, but at what cost...?

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Day 388 of pretending this game doesn't exist so it gets as many updates as it can so I won't go through existential dread waiting for one after realizing it's probably as great as the first game.

I applaude you seriously, I gave up at the 0.3 update couldn't wait anymore, honestly I prefer to bear with the withdrawal
symptoms between the updates than force myself to see it completed, I would have gone more insane than what I already am.
Imho it's better to start play it, it's a pure torture to wait anymore, man.:)

starkj

May 17, 2022

For me waiting is not worth, there is alot of content right now so i think you should start playing it. And there is always other games to play while you wait after.

Reactions: crustlord12

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021

Sanity isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
It might have been a new rule out of some complain from devs who had their games posted here. Maybe for comments like "don't play the shitty game A of the topic, play the awesome game B".

Anyway whatever, really not a big deal.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: starkj

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017

It's much, much, much better than the first game, in all the aspects.

Playing chapter by chapter is also better imo, I couldn't savour it appropriately and would end up speeding through it.
You can't discuss the current events with nobody as they've all just ended it, and you're missing out on the crazy theories that sometimes are as great as the game.

Also it's nice to have something to look forward to in a few month rather than somewhere in the future.

Just the other day, me and other people had some comments deleted on the Summer's Gone thread when we were recommeding other games, kinda weird because i've never seen any problems with that before.
I've always had the opposite experience. Game reccomandations, questions and answer always gets deleted right away for being off-topic. It may vary on the thread, on how often a mod reads it and the reports, but if a mod sees them they always gets deleted.

Reactions: crustlord12

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Some pages ago there was a discussion about games using DAZ3d vs Honey Select, so I'm gonna give my two cents about it:

true shit, ive played so many games that look mediocre with honey select and daz, but then i find a really good game made with daz or honey select models and suddenly im in a phase where im hooked to a specific programs' model type for games.

Caribdis and Jestur made me hooked to HS for a long time, and I exclusively played HS games, but now Artemis' dev got me in the Daz mood, when other Daz model games were pretty good but didnt make me wanting to give other Daz games a chance (which is ironic cuz Artemis' models can have really weird facial reactions sometimes, yet the character design and story really grew on me and left me wanting more)

As others have said, Im learning more and more that story and character interaction is a much bigger factor in me playing a game,
tho of course these being adult games, the visuals are just as important

Reactions: shucia

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Yeah; this was probably the issue. It is an old rule that was haphazardly enforced (at best). I've gotten deleted for it a time or two as well.

Reactions: starkj

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
A first attempt at a Daz Nova. Eyepatch asset goes over the wrong eye so I had to flip the pic.
View attachment 2069878
Very well done for a first attempt, the only doubt is with the eyepatch, is it's unclear to me if is the eye orbit shadow that's showing or the eyelashes, but overall very, very good compliments Hog I think you nailed her almost perfectly. :)

Reactions: HogRocket

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Very well done for a first attempt, the only doubt is with the eyepatch, is it's unclear to me if is the eye orbit shadow that's showing or the eyelashes, but overall very, very good compliments Hog I think you nailed her almost perfectly. :)
Eyelashes. I can't turn them off on only one eye, so just let it go. If I were going to make a "final render" for a scene I would render one with and one without eyelashes then composite them, or clone over them. I also don't really have the right hair (that's why I made it blow so much :LOL:) and the part was on the correct side until I reversed it :cautious:
She does have the one blue eye under the eyepatch though.;)

Reactions: Dylan741
4.80 star(s) 910 Votes