Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Where does it say they are set in the same universe? I must have missed it.
In OIAL Judie talk about the fact that Eternum a new MMPORG game is released, and also in one of the special endings you get to play it and met Dalia.
In Eternum there's lot of references to what happened in OIAL, like the reference to the Sons of Astaroth and many other hints like the ex president "Stabby" Mike studied in Kredon School.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Boobs Lover

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Where does it say they are set in the same universe? I must have missed it.
For now there isn't any real connection between the plots of Once in a lifetime and Eternum. Only Stabby Mike, which is the former President in Eternum, some hints in a few of OiaL endings and other things like these. So we must await to see what Caribdis wants do with this continuity between the two games.

Last edited:

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
In OIAL Judie talk about the fact that Eternum a new MMPORG game is released, and also in one of the special endings you get to play it and met Dalia.
In Eternum there's lot of references to what happened in OIAL, like the reference to the Sons of Astaroth and many other hints like the ex president "Stabby" Mike studied in Kredon School.
Wait where do u meet Dalia? :unsure: I played 3 different OIAL paths and got a couple different endings but didn't see that one.

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Oh ok, wow, I thought there was only a good and bad ending in Once in a Lifetime. Missed all those references in Eternum too.

So we must await to see what Caribdis wants do with this continuity between the two games.
Astaroth was a god who reincarnated in the body of the father in OiaL. The father was away from home most of the time. I forgot all the names already in OiaL, but he hadn't fucked the mother for a long time in OiaL. It's not unreasonable he had fathered other sons. If I remember correctly, he was a gangster too. Orion moved to Europe when he was small. He keeps having a dream. He is trying to find out the identity of the founder of Eternum, and he wants to take over his place by finding the gems. Something is adding up here.

Edit: I even forgot. They kept chanting "Esse Est Dio" in OiaL.

Last edited:

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Since the start of the game my two cent are on the hypothesis "Orion is the son of the OiaL's MC, who is the Eternum creator", but you know it is a Caribdis game so… I'm surely wrong!

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Oh ok, wow, I thought there was only a good and bad ending in Once in a Lifetime. Missed all those references in Eternum too.

Astaroth was a god who reincarnated in the body of the father in OiaL. The father was away from home most of the time. I forgot all the names already in OiaL, but he hadn't fucked the mother for a long time in OiaL. It's not unreasonable he had fathered other sons. If I remember correctly, he was a gangster too. Orion moved to Europe when he was small. He keeps having a dream. He is trying to find out the identity of the founder of Eternum, and he wants to take over his place by finding the gems. Something is adding up here.

Edit: I even forgot. They kept chanting "Esse Est Dio" in OiaL.
Not a god but a demon ( historically too he's considered one of the most important Princes of Hell).
The father was a police detective not a gangster ( even though the dress can deceive I admit it).
There's lot of hints that says that the two stories are set in the same universe, but remain to be seen if they are correlated, due to the fact that Eternum is still in it's early stage of development, we will see.
A thing I noticed though it's that the founder have the same greyish eyes of both Astaroth and the MC from OIAL, just a coincidence for now? :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Boobs Lover

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Not a god but a demon ( historically too he's considered one of the most important Princes of Hell).
The father was a police detective not a gangster ( even though the dress can deceive I admit it).
There's lot of hints that says that the two stories are set in the same universe, but remain to be seen if they are correlated, due to the fact that Eternum is still in it's early stage of development, we will see.
A thing I noticed though it's that the founder have the same greyish eyes of both Astaroth and the MC from OIAL, just a coincidence for now? :)
Oh, so instead of saying Deus, they should have said Diavolo.

Well, I have accepted the two games are in the same universe. If Caribdis said so, it is.

I think the eyes of the founder are yellow, and glowing, instead of grey?

Apr 2, 2021
Hold on, same universe? Should I finish Once upon a Lifetime before continuing playing this?
There are some small references and Easter eggs of Once in a lifetime in this game... and I believe
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Other than that they don't really have much connection (as of now) so this game can be enjoyed independent of whether you played the previous game or not.

It is of course my recommendation to play the previous work of this dev, for it is a completed work and is as brilliant as this one.

Reactions: Tavi13

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Oh, so instead of saying Deus, they should have said Diavolo.

Well, I have accepted the two games are in the same universe. If Caribdis said so, it is.

I think the eyes of the founder are yellow, and glowing, instead of grey?
Well no, in latin Esse est Deus could either mean "there's no god" or "to be a god" this is due to the fact that "esse" is an irregular verb, either is to defy the existence of god in the phrase or to take it's place in power.
Oh me too I loved that Caribdis put all these hints to it, I'm curious to see if they will intertwine more or these are just references to give to us players another level of fun with this game.
No those were Tanathos eyes, founder's eyes have the same greyish glowing color of both Astaroth and the MC in OIAL. :)

Last edited:

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Well no, in latin Esse est Deus could either mean "there's no god" or "to be a god" this is due to the fact that "esse" is an irregular verb, either is to defy the existence of god in the phrase or to take it's place in power.
Oh me too I loved that Caribdis put all these hints to it, I'm curious to see if they will intertwine more or these are just references to give to us players another level of fun thanks with this game.
No those were Tanathos eyes, founder's eyes have the same greyish glowing color of both Astartoth and the MC in OIAL. :)
Oh damn, I'm getting everything mixed up.

Reactions: Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
Oh shit, now that i think about it it's the same world as OIAL so MAGIC is certainly real.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Oh shit, now that i think about it it's the same world as OIAL so MAGIC is certainly real.
Well given the fact that Caribdis confirmed they are both in the same world there's a high probability something with magic could happen, we will see what, one thing is certain to me is that ouroboros tattoo on the founders chest is intriguing. :)

Reactions: michalgarbowski

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
My running theory is that theses "servers" are actual dimensions to other plains of existences, and the Founder somehow managed to control theses realms in some manner or even perhaps created them himself long ago, but given his likely age and interest he is hoping to find a new heir so to speak. Given how we, somehow, have 100% compatibility, it might beg to question if the founder could actually be our true father.

Either way, I'm enjoying the story so far, and of course...
screenshot0051.png screenshot0022.png
Domestic Abuse...
screenshot0213.png screenshot0250.png
Comedy for days...
screenshot0539.png screenshot0540.png
And of course spending time with my loveable Tattooed Softie. (Which I honestly wouldn't mind going on a day date and pay to get her tattoos touched up a bit before having dinner and a movie and lewd snuggles.)

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
My running theory is that theses "servers" are actual dimensions to other plains of existences, and the Founder somehow managed to control theses realms in some manner or even perhaps created them himself long ago, but given his likely age and interest he is hoping to find a new heir so to speak. Given how we, somehow, have 100% compatibility, it might beg to question if the founder could actually be our true father.
I agree with the dimensions, but I disagree with the goal. The founder doesn't want an heir, he wants the gems for himself and thats why he created eternum in the first place. This way he gets millions of people searching the world's for gems for him and even paying for the privilege.
The gems are literally named 'gems of doom', I think it's fair to say that whatever can be done with them won't be good.

The npcs are the original inhabitants of these dimensions that are getting mindcontrolled by their implants.

4.80 star(s) 910 Votes