Jasticus

Oct 23, 2018
They just gave it a more fancy, palatable name for the modern information era.

Human trafficking.

As for the people being kept as NPC's - it likely relates to the whole 'save us' plot-line, Syndicate may very well be people who were once alive, became trapped as NPC's, and then broke free 'Matrix Style' and are looking to stop being recaptured or somehow escape the system.

It was mentioned in a previous update that dead bodies remain in the 'game' until the user logs in again. If the user dies in real life too, or dies in game and never logs in again, what happens to that body?

Get your recycle on.

geemergary

Aug 12, 2017
I'm going to unapologetically go wildly off topic here for just a brief second, because I have read none of this thread (and possibly place some blame on my intoxication). Anyways, I just started up the game, and want to shout out my main fucking man Chang and his instant infatuation with Micaela. My man Chang is a gods damned MAN OF CULTURE, and I am suddenly deeply regretful of choosing Annie as my best friend in the bullshit first choice of the game solely in the name of tapping that ass.

Chang, you beautiful bastard, even if MC isn't jealous of your newfound living arrangements, I am.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Obsession with slavery is a modern bias??? Are you familiar with something called the civil war lol
My point exactly.

When someone say 'slavery' (and no, it didn't occour to me the connection with the slav etnicity, though i well know that the rus traders used to enslave slavs among others, because when i think about slavery the word in my mind is 'schiavitù', i'm italian. It also has the slav root in it, but not so evident) they immediately restrict it to that nasty business with strong racial bases that happened in united states of america in the 19th century. Oh, and by the way, american civil war had a lot less to do with slavery and much more to do with the preferred model of economic development of the nation than school history wants people to think.

Slavery in general is a way broader phenomenon, which, in general, is by no mean connected with racism. Consider the medieval instituition of servitude, which was a de facto form of slavery, since a farmer in servitude condition had no liberty to leave the territory he was obliged to farm for his lord nor he could refuse to farm it and to perform other side jobs on request. It had no racial foundation at all. Serves where of the same people of lords and they might well have been former free men who fell in an economic crash. Like, for exemple, it happened in mesopotamian societies, where you could have been sold as slave as a mean of compensation for a debt you weren't able to repay. And since, by then, you had no mean to substain yourself and your owner was compelled and interested into taking some degree of care or you, that form of slavery had also a social value.

My point, by the way, is that slavery was not just something evil white men did to black people, the case because of it is a taboo word in modern culture. It has been there from the down of time and still happens today, since it's been estimated that today there are about 40 million slaves in the world, all in very non white countries, datas available upon browsing.

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
This game shows how little things matter.

The girls switching between one telling the story of how you fought the samurai guy, while the other one nods is such a nice touch.

Such a little thing, but it somehow sold me on the game.
"-How much the little things matter"

What you typed makes it sound like the first part of your post is a cry for help lol.

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
I have tried to make all the girls here as close as possible to the original characters. Do you guys think they are close enough? I wish to get it right before I make more fan arts, otherwise it would be a waste.

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
My point exactly.

When someone say 'slavery' (and no, it didn't occour to me the connection with the slav etnicity, though i well know that the rus traders used to enslave slavs among others, because when i think about slavery the word in my mind is 'schiavitù', i'm italian. It also has the slav root in it, but not so evident) they immediately restrict it to that nasty business with strong racial bases that happened in united states of america in the 19th century. Oh, and by the way, american civil war had a lot less to do with slavery and much more to do with the preferred model of economic development of the nation than school history wants people to think.

Slavery in general is a way broader phenomenon, which, in general, is by no mean connected with racism. Consider the medieval instituition of servitude, which was a de facto form of slavery, since a farmer in servitude condition had no liberty to leave the territory he was obliged to farm for his lord nor he could refuse to farm it and to perform other side jobs on request. It had no racial foundation at all. Serves where of the same people of lords and they might well have been former free men who fell in an economic crash. Like, for exemple, it happened in mesopotamian societies, where you could have been sold as slave as a mean of compensation for a debt you weren't able to repay. And since, by then, you had no mean to substain yourself and your owner was compelled and interested into taking some degree of care or you, that form of slavery had also a social value.

My point, by the way, is that slavery was not just something evil white men did to black people, the case because of it is a taboo word in modern culture. It has been there from the down of time and still happens today, since it's been estimated that today there are about 40 million slaves in the world, all in very non white countries, datas available upon browsing.
I'd love to argue about this is there somewhere we could do it that would be less off topic?

Reactions: Spranky

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Something that just crossed my mind and may not have been discussed here yet (possibly because it's quite obvious), but I strongly suspect that Axel doesn't know or knew what Benjamin is like or what he does when he's alone: When Orion confronts him about Benjamin's behavior towards this other user in Update 2, Axel has a classic denial reaction. So it's quite realistic that Benjamin only hung out with Axel because he's a Bardot, comparable to the insinuation Alex initially accused Orion of.

At first I also assumed that Mr. Bardot was somehow involved in Axel and Benjamin's friendship, then I thought to myself: why would he? He quite obviously cares very little about his children as long as they don't "embarrass" him.

In fact, I would say that a redemption arc for Axel is quite realistic. He is neither as intelligent as his sister, nor does he even remotely have her spirit of rebellion. To me, he is a puppet in the game that his father is playing and I almost feel sorry for him for that.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Elhemeer

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Joiplay, got this error when picking the highlighted text (scrappy modded) choice during the text messages part. Tried loading the save in android port, still getting the error. Any idea why? View attachment 2077297 View attachment 2077298
Why there are just so many joiplayers now in every thread?... Look, Joiplay works with standards game engines, if the developer did a change in the game engine or make a work that put to the limit the game engine capabilities, it's more than reasonable that joiplay will show you at some point an error, joiplay can't be supported for developers, if they had, the games you are playing would be more simplistic by having to execute with the standard functions the game engine provides.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Financial reasons mostly, same reason mobile games are vastly more popular than games for consoles/PC. Almost everyone has a decent phone. Not many people have a decent PC.
Doesn't need a decent PC, renpy runs on low specs ones. And on mobiles the screen is too small (better on tablet though). But to each their own, if you only have a phone better than nothing I guess.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Doesn't need a decent PC, renpy runs on low specs ones. And on mobiles the screen is too small (better on tablet though). But to each their own, if you only have a phone better than nothing I guess.
While I agree with you, I just came out of another thread where someone was complaining about the lack of a 32 bit executable because he's still running Windows 7. So yea, you're right. And no, the problem goes deeper than that.

4.80 star(s) 910 Votes