Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Why not? Maybe he's secretely been Willy Wonka all alomg.
Lol. Willy Wonka almost killed some of his successor candidates, so the founder definitely could be pullying a Willy Wonka all along.

BTW if you re-read Willy Wonka as an adult it's pretty fucked up. I loved the book as a kid, but now it bothers me that Willy was a psuedo-slave owner...

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
My running theory is that theses "servers" are actual dimensions to other plains of existences, <...>
My brain went the same direction at the end of v0.3.

The gems are literally named 'gems of doom', I think it's fair to say that whatever can be done with them won't be good.
Most assuredly. That's the reason why our hero and his intrepid harem band must collect them all. To keep the multiverse safe.

:cool: Eric Grey

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
The founder itself is an NPC.
Who's the real founder is up for debate, but it won't be the npc at the end of 0.4.

Source: trust me, bros.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
But the sorta reveal in 0.4 is that the NPCs are actually mind-controlled people.
Yep, and that reveal was a big one. I need to replay it but did it mention how or why everyone has the implants to begin with? From what I remember the mind-control is basically just rewriting their brain via the implant system, which is a dangerous slope to start down because with the proper adjustments it could be used on player characters too.

Anyone who developed that tech and didn't realize the logcal end point, i.e. mind-controlled players which could include themselves, is pretty naive.

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Yep, and that reveal was a big one. I need to replay it but did it mention how or why everyone has the implants to begin with? From what I remember the mind-control is basically just rewriting their brain via the implant system, which is a dangerous slope to start down because with the proper adjustments it could be used on player characters too.

Anyone who developed that tech and didn't realize the logcal end point, i.e. mind-controlled players which could include themselves, is pretty naive.
Well, any weapons can be used against yourself. That doesn't stop people from inventing new weapons in the real world, so I wouldn't call it naive.

It isn't explicitly stated in the dialogues why the NPCs have the implants, but one of the posts here have pointed out that a black NPC in 0.4 is the same as the black classmate that was killed in Eternum and then died in the real world in 0.1, so it is implied that getting killed by a Praetorian will get you mind-controlled.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Well, any weapons can be used against yourself. That doesn't stop people from inventing new weapons in the real world, so I wouldn't call it naive.

It isn't explicitly stated in the dialogues why the NPCs have the implants, but one of the posts here have pointed out that a black NPC in 0.4 is the same as the black classmate that was killed in Eternum and then died in the real world in 0.1, so it is implied that getting killed by a Praetorian will get you mind-controlled.
I remember Axel was losing his marbles at the party. He thought Benjamin (the friend/bully/attempted rapist) was in witness protection or something like that, just before his father silenced him.

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
I remember Axel was losing his marbles at the party. He thought Benjamin (the friend/bully/attempted rapist) was in witness protection or something like that, just before his father silenced him.
Oh really, I was too eager to see the Alex sex scene, I must have missed it.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Oh really, I was too eager to see the Alex sex scene, I must have missed it.
The interaction between them takes place just before Alex's BJ scene. Alex's father was close by too smoking. Man would've gone savage if he had crossed paths with them.

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
The interaction between them takes place just before Alex's BJ scene. Alex's father was close by too smoking. Man would've gone savage if he had crossed paths with them.
I know. I mean by the time the conversation started, I already knew there was an Alex sex scene coming, so I kinda glossed over the conversation xd.

Reactions: ArDZer

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Lol. Willy Wonka almost killed some of his successor candidates, so the founder definitely could be pullying a Willy Wonka all along.

BTW if you re-read Willy Wonka as an adult it's pretty fucked up. I loved the book as a kid, but now it bothers me that Willy was a psuedo-slave owner...
I never read the book, is it interesting?

By the way all this obsession with slavery is a rather modern bias. The phenomenon should be undestood better and i'm positive some would be disappointed that there have been slavery right upon just anyone regardless skin color, original social position, supposed innate privilege and so on. And also that under some culture slavery was more of a temporary condition with a social role.

-Yor-0728

Aug 31, 2021
Spectacular game, I had a lot of fun with the story, the whole plot is excellent, the characters with their backgrounds seem interesting to me. I'm going to tell some friends to play this play. 4.5/5

Reactions: crustlord12

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019

By the way all this obsession with slavery is a rather modern bias. The phenomenon should be undestood better and i'm positive some would be disappointed that there have been slavery right upon just anyone regardless skin color, original social position, supposed innate privilege and so on. And also that under some culture slavery was more of a temporary condition with a social role.
It's pretty funny. I've always been a fan of Roald Dhal, though that's probably due to childhood nostalgia. I mean, it's a children's novel, so it should be a real quick read.

Reactions: Machete

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017

Obsession with slavery is a modern bias??? Are you familiar with something called the civil war lol

Reactions: Alandir

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Obsession with slavery is a modern bias??? Are you familiar with something called the civil war lol
In the history of the world, that's modern. It was an accepted and frequently used social norm for millennia - there's a whole race of people that were enslaved so often, we get the term "slave" from them (the Slavs, in case you didn't make the connection).

In some parts of the world, it is still engaged in on a large scale. And, while there have always been people opposed (other than the slaves), it really has only been in the last few hundred years that there has been widespread and organized opposition. So, yeah, in the grand scheme of things: modern.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
In the history of the world, that's modern. It was an accepted and frequently used social norm for millennia - there's a whole race of people that were enslaved so often, we get the term "slave" from them (the Slavs, in case you didn't make the connection).

In some parts of the world, it is still engaged in on a large scale. And, while there have always been people opposed (other than the slaves), it really has only been in the last few hundred years that there has been widespread and organized opposition. So, yeah, in the grand scheme of things: modern.
Interesting point. And some nations abolished slavery between the 60s and early 70s. One specific country criminalized owning slaves in 2007, only after receiving intense international pressure. Not to mention certain terrorist organizations still engage in the "practice" in some parts of the world today.

Reactions: Mortarion

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Interesting point. And some nations abolished slavery between the 60s and early 70s. One specific country criminalized owning slaves in 2007, only after receiving intense international pressure. Not to mention certain terrorist organizations still engage in the "practice" in some parts of the world today.
Middle East, China, some of the more lawless parts of Africa, it's still and "open secret". Even the "civilized" nations in Europe and the Americas have it, it's just underground. Yes, it's illegal, but it isn't gone - anywhere.

4.80 star(s) 910 Votes