Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
The dev does not know what name you are going to choose so there is no way to futureproof this - you can implement this check in version 1 but you cannot do this in version 10 unless the game forces the player to rename which can break
Yeah not all names will be set in place, but what do you mean version 1 and version 10. You can just do a check at the beginning and if you add new names to the game just add them to it. Put in a way for the player to change their name at will and the problem would be mostly solved.
If someone starts a new game the checks will tell them if the name is already present in the game. If they use an old save they can just rename themselves if they want.

The purpose here isn't to enforce some strict law that no name can belong to multiple people in the game, it's just to make it easier for players to not accidently end up with a name that already appears in the game.

Reactions: dolfe67
Jan 16, 2019
I would like to change Dalia's hair .old one was so cute and i love braids (PART TIME WARRIOR IS BEST GIRL) .im ok with new hair ,too .but as a Part Time Warrior enjoyer ,i'd like to have Braids :p

Reactions: Mograx

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
I don't think I've seen it used, but I've only played around a dozen or so.

Did you recognize the quote, or not?
Nope, I didn't. I usually miss stuff like that completely, I'm pretty much clueless most of the time. Movie references, music references, comics references - I'm lost.

I think I've seen a LI Daisy but can't remember where.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Nope, I didn't. I usually miss stuff like that completely, I'm pretty much clueless most of the time. Movie references, music references, comics references - I'm lost.

I think I've seen a LI Daisy but can't remember where.
It's from Tombstone. Classic telling of the Wyatt Earp story; the line is spoken by Doc Holiday, played by Val Kilmer. Great cast overall. Came out about six months before the Kevin Costner version called "Wyatt Earp" which, despite an also extremely good supporting cast and being directed by Lawrence Kasdan, flopped in comparison. Not a terrible movie, but very plodding.

Reactions: Jarulf

Keemstar2003

Dec 1, 2020
January??!!! I know and love how huge the update are when they come, but that feels forever away.
Not shooting the messenger
def not that late, I'm pretty sure he said that even next month is probable. So if were going on the Developers timetable I would assume a before Christmas release. I highly doubt they would want 0.5 to be released in Jan when 0.4 came out in Aug, to me that just looks weird.

Reactions: S1nsational

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
I wish this game had a wiki page or something with all of the references listed out. I feel like 90% of them are going over my head

4.80 star(s) 912 Votes