Aracaju777

May 24, 2020
I've had a theory that Orion died and came back to life for quite some time now and it's been reinforced by some of the things shown in the updates.
- Why can't Luna see his future? He supposedly shouldn't have none, he already died once
- One of the places he visited in his dreams was a morgue, I doubt it's random
- That conversation about death with Idriel.
- The fact that only Orion can help "them" (At this point it is obvious that they are the NPCs) people who have already died and could only be helped by someone who was already dead once
Anyway I may be quite off the mark, but I think some of these things have merit.

AhoyLaddies

Aug 31, 2020
Just have to echo everyone else, the scene with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
was top notch. I mean absolutely amazing. Aside from general improvement, I would hazard that Caribdis also happens to have a bit of favoritism going on?:unsure:

Regardless, definitely knocked it out of the park.
Just finished this update and DAME that 3 round is caught me off guard lol.
My brother in christ I too agree. The third scene here View attachment AlexRide3.webp before the jump cuts definitely triggered something in me, Inshallah. Reminds me of this DVA clip View attachment DvaRideTest.webp for all my SFM enjoyers out there. Captures every element of it perfectly. I praised Caribdis for his scene direction in OIAL, and its a definite pleasure to see him bring those same skills forward in Eternum. I wanted to hold my breath, because i believe in skepticism, but Caribdis is further cementing my faith in his ability as a developer every update.

Let it be known that this is the same guy that finished Once in a Lifetime in what, just under two years? While still having better quality and content compared to other developers underneath the same genre?

Last edited:
Reactions: SamishiI

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
You can think what you want, but I think this is the typical sexist thinking that most men have (sometimes me too). If a girl fucks two or more boys she is a slut but if a boy does that... he is a champion, boss, or whatever you want to call him. I don't want to be the typical boring guy who is always insinuating sexism everywhere, but I think this is a clear case.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you sexist, I just think your comment might be a bit sexist. Anyway, it's just your opinion and your tastes and I respect that, opinions have to be free.
Because its far harder for a boy to get laid than a girl

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I've had a theory that Orion died and came back to life for quite some time now and it's been reinforced by some of the things shown in the updates.
- Why can't Luna see his future? He supposedly shouldn't have none, he already died once
- The fact that only Orion can help "them" (At this point it is obvious that they are the NPCs) people who have already died and could only be helped by someone who was already dead once
Anyway I may be quite off the mark, but I think some of these things have merit.
My only issue with that theory is that Chang or Annie's behavior never display or hint anything that would imply that this took place in the past...unless the crux of your argument is that they themselves didn't know this happened (which frankly I find a lot more unbelievable unless it happened at a point where they were apart from Orion for a while and once they got back Orion kinda buried the knowledge in his memories and never brought it up). Because if they know, Annie would be a bit more protective of Orion I think and Chang might randomly bring it up in his conversations with people and such or even to Orion himself ("Come on, man. You survived a near-death experience, I'm sure this is nothing compared to that").

Personally, I'm leaning more on the theory that Orion is housing a soul that is older than he is (essentially making him an anomaly where he is not born with his own soul, but rather one who has gone through reincarnation many times, which is why Luna can't read his fate because my theory is that she can only read the fates of someone whose body and soul are one, and not whose body and soul are completely different), one who has likely encountered the Founder and Idriel in Eternum in the past (long before the VRMMO became a thing) and for the most part is dormant and with Orion's own personality being the more active one. Kinda like the case of the main antagonist in Cari's past game, where the MC's dad housed that story's main antagonist but for the most part has his own personality and identity but loses it whenever the main antagonist takes control of his body.

But I dunno, we'll see in the future I suppose. /shrugs

AlphaBit

Apr 7, 2020
What about the extreme NTR hobo ending where all LI's get banged silly by other people and MC loses everything and ends living in a cardbox eating leftovers from the dumpster?
That's the secret ending nobody will know even after the game ends.

Kamuisaki

May 26, 2020
He is not the only one that could have helped, he is currently the only one. Idriel said that there was someone that feared death, it implies that someone else could have helped. Now who is it, someone like Orion who has a 100% compatibility with Eternum, she does mention it at Orion first connection in Eternum. Also since he feared death, there is one way we know to become immortal in Eternum, the Amulet of Blair.

Does someone have a save where they have taken the Amulet ? To know what happen with Idriel in this update.

EDIT : Having the Amulet doesn't change anything in this scene.

Last edited:

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
Well if Orion's dad is an Arsenal fan I can understand why he becames like this :Kappa:

Personally, I'm leaning more on the theory that Orion is housing a soul that is older than he is (essentially making him an anomaly where he is not born with his own soul, but rather one who has gone through reincarnation many times, which is why Luna can't read his fate because my theory is that she can only read the fates of someone whose body and soul are one, and not whose body and soul are completely different), one who has likely encountered the Founder and Idriel in Eternum in the past (long before the VRMMO became a thing) and for the most part is dormant and with Orion's own personality being the more active one. Kinda like the case of the main antagonist in Cari's past game, where the MC's dad housed that story's main antagonist but for the most part has his own personality and identity but loses it whenever the main antagonist takes control of his body.
This theory is very probably close to the truth, for me it's either Orion's soul(at least a part of it) is implanted in a new individual with each death or there is time travel which means that Orion has already lived through the events but that he failed to "help" Idirel and the others. I'm leaning more towards the former, it makes more sense to me. There is these sentences from Idriel which supports this:
Which means a part of Orion or Orion himself has already tried to help Idriel and failed

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Yes (y)
Maya Isacowitz - When I Get There :
The song where Annie's moment to shine is stolen (or blown up rather by an arty strike) would be also a good one to know.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Ellyx

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
The song where Annie's moment to shine is stolen (or blown up rather by an arty strike) would be also a good one to know.
Poor Annie, Caribdis is always making fun of her :cry: and yeah she was freaking cute there :love:
The song:
Where's LuLu- Get Outta Way

• Red Heart
Reactions: ArDZer
4.80 star(s) 919 Votes