ToadMayn

Oct 18, 2021
I find it pretty ironic that Thanatos put an arrow on his back every 1000 kills just to be killed by one :KEK:
I imagine onion jus sticks him in the head with a bolt having that smug ass nova smirk while watching Thanatos' inherent confusion be interrupted with his head straight up getting Suikawari'd

TemIIx

Sep 16, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
About that... i honestly don't know.. i mean, we still haven't tried on ourself yet, but i like Dorfnutter theory.. he was him who theorized Orion being dead right? Im re-playing the game once again and i found the scene in the Morgue(0.4) very intriguing...

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Man I just love the way people talk in this thread with memes and in-game screenshots, It's like we have our own dialect like the Elvish language for LOTR fans or the Klingon for Startrek's, that must be the language people speak in Eternum. :LOL:
I'm just imagining someone really writing the Nuhreim's rules of grammar and verbs, we will have a new modern Tolkien thanks to Eternum!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Man I just love the way people talk in this thread with memes and in-game screenshots, It's like we have our own dialect like the Elvish language for LOTR fans or the Klingon for Startrek's, that must be the language people speak in Eternum. :LOL:
Eternum (at least in the game) has its own language Nhureim (which Eternumites aka players way too deep into the game are probably their major speakers), and in terms of LOTR languages, I find Khuzdul interesting. As for this thread, there are some erudites that love engaging in conversations or sharing knowledge, theories or possible future scenarios. It's an interesting thread tbh. :giggle:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
About that... i honestly don't know.. i mean, we still haven't tried on ourself yet, but i like Dorfnutter theory.. he was him who theorized Orion being dead right? Im re-playing the game once again and i found the scene in the Morgue(0.4) very intriguing...

No I theorized that Orion's the latest reincarnation of a very old soul who might've had some history with the Founder and is the reason behind his perfect compatibility (because "Orion" could be the incarnation that mirrors said soul 1:1 unlike the soul's past incarnations) and why Luna couldn't read his future (because Orion is just a host of a soul that isn't really his own, therefore when Orion dies that personality of his dies and the soul ends up getting reincarnated into another person).

But yeah, you could say that technically means Orion is "dead," in that he doesn't get to have an afterlife after his death since he's just a "personality" of said soul (though part of me is speculating that fate could change in the true ending)

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I find it pretty ironic that Thanatos put an arrow on his back every 1000 kills just to be killed by one :KEK:
I don't think he'll get killed by the explosive bolts. If anything, it'll likely chip away his armor until it becomes useless, wherein after that Orion could switch to melee and fight Wyatt on "equal footing" (though he'll still likely have a hard time fighting Thanatos, who might be specced as a tank as opposed to Orion being a ranger of sorts...

...and then XD).

• Haha
Reactions: Ellyx

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Some theorists from Cari's Discord think he might get one as a final weapon. Also a crossbow with explosive bolts is the bane of the walking dead...perfect for someone like Thanatos (lol). And with his speed he could just hit-and-run the fucker if he so chooses.
You're not going to be able to reload a serious crossbow on the run.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
You're not going to be able to reload a serious crossbow on the run.
With his superhuman reflexes he could. Or he could just end up getting a repeating crossbow (like the one in Van Helsing where you "reload" by just changing the canisters) that comes with explosive rounds. That works too. /shrugs

ToadMayn

Oct 18, 2021
I don't think he'll get killed by the explosive bolts. If anything, it'll likely chip away his armor until it becomes useless, wherein after that Orion could switch to melee and fight Wyatt on "equal footing" (though he'll still likely have a hard time fighting Thanatos, who might be specced as a tank as opposed to Orion being a ranger of sorts...

...and then XD).
This, but instead of Thanatos tanking the blows like it's nothing, Orion's hands get stuck inside Thanatos and he gets sent flying with a kick, just to rush back and repeat the whole scene again

Ellyx

GFX Designer
Apr 9, 2022

...and then XD).
About his armor, don't know if you or anyone else have talked about this but maybe the three weapons of Atlas are not the only "legendary items" in Eternum and Thanatos's Armor may be one that gives "immortality" no? (nice ref btw)

ToadMayn

Oct 18, 2021
About his armor, don't know if you or anyone else have talked about this but maybe the three weapons of Atlas are not the only "legendary items" in Eternum and Thanatos's Armor may be one that gives "immortality" no? (nice ref btw)
nah, as cool as that would sound in the crackpot, sadly it's been debunked in Thanatos 2nd appearance when Nito casually Jabbed through his Armor, and with the existence of the Amulet of Blair, which makes this all the more defunct :(

Ellyx

GFX Designer
Apr 9, 2022
nah, as cool as that would sound in the crackpot, sadly it's been debunked in Thanatos 2nd appearance when Nito casually Jabbed through his Armor, and with the existence of the Amulet of Blair, which makes this all the more defunct :(
Thanatos refused the amulet no?

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
oh absolutely, in fact we even have leaks of his future armor right here!!

Eternum and Dark Souls are very different games though.

One plays in a weird fantasy universe with an almost unkillable end boss, disgusting monsters and a dark forces pulling the strings in the background...

and the other one is Dark Souls. :Kappa:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
About his armor, don't know if you or anyone else have talked about this but maybe the three weapons of Atlas are not the only "legendary items" in Eternum and Thanatos's Armor may be one that gives "immortality" no?
Oh for sure. But even magic items have their limits (lol).

(nice ref btw)
Made an old meme post about it a year ago (lol)...
/replays the game for the nth time, reaches the gladiatorial arena quicktime event

Me: Would be nice if future combat segments utilize QTEs like this one instead of...whatever the hell that fight with Tom was in OIAL-
Me: ...Why are you like this?
...still holding out hope that a variation of it becomes a thing in the final fight. XD

• Haha
Reactions: Ellyx
4.80 star(s) 937 Votes