Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
what if orion's like a paladin but instead of armor and a giant weapon he just runs around with a repeating crossbow with a bayonet attachment on it
Part of me thinks that maybe he gets some levels from that later on in the story alongside being a ranger and such (what with the current direction setting him up as a "champion" for the dead), though I'm not sure which oath/subclass he'll take that would match a DnD-equivalent. Vengeance? I suppose that works (Vax'ildan from Vox Machina had the same oath, and he was a champion for a goddess of the dead). Ancients would work also I suppose, if he swears the oath in front of Calypso or such (and would tie well with his base class). :unsure:

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
what if orion's like a paladin but instead of armor and a giant weapon he just runs around with a repeating crossbow with a bayonet attachment on it
He's faster than a speeding quarrel, what value would a a crossbow add?

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Some theorists from Cari's Discord think he might get one as a final weapon. Also a crossbow with explosive bolts is the bane of the walking dead...perfect for someone like Thanatos (lol). And with his speed he could just hit-and-run the fucker if he so chooses.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I wonder, would it maybe add the ability to target more than one opponent\enemy at a time, with additional ranged attacks?
One with the bolt, plus one with his power\speed?

Perhaps conservation.
Sure, he can move fast, but does this have a cost? If so, why waste the mana points, if he can just take them out with an arrow\bolt?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dorfnutter

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
I wonder, would it maybe add the ability to target more than one opponent\enemy at a time, with additional ranged attacks?
One with the bolt, plus one with his power\speed?

Perhaps conservation.
Sure, he can move fast, but does this have a cost? If so, why waste the mana points, if he can just take them out with an arrow\bolt?
What if the countercost of his power is him aging(his body)? Which can explain his surnatural growth?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
What if the countercost of his power is him aging(his body)? Which can explain his surnatural growth?
Certainly could be. (y)
Although the effect on his body seemed (to me, so far) more like a physical manifestation of the power altering him.
Maybe corruption.

Absolute power, corrupts absolutely?

Reactions: Ellyx

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
That's assuming he doesn't get chased off by her dad, which part of me is speculating would happen considering that Nova's first time could be in her house and they might make a mess of the entire place. Extra hilarity if he gets chased off not because he punched Nova's v-card but rather because they wrecked one of his favorite appliances while they banged each other's brains out.

Last edited:

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Annie -> she just cute... i'm kidding, destruction mage
How do you know? We haven't seen her doing anything so far. To be honest she has been pretty useless. :rolleyes:

:Kappa:

I mean...he certainly ports home in the face of danger quite a lot...that would really fit a paladin. :WeSmart:

TemIIx

Sep 16, 2019
Maybe they will find a way to "divide" Orion in 2 (aka dopplemorpher) and "kill" or "suppress" his spectre form/soul
You know Elyxus, i was thinking the same thing, since when the ''Doppelganger Artifact'' was given to Orion, my first thought was- alongside a possible double Annie :sneaky:- what if Orion escapes death using the Artifact? Or even a more absurd thing, what if we can transfer the consciousness of Orion into his copy?

ToadMayn

Oct 18, 2021
Some theorists from Cari's Discord think he might get one as a final weapon. Also a crossbow with explosive bolts is the bane of the walking dead...perfect for someone like Thanatos (lol). And with his speed he could just hit-and-run the fucker if he so chooses.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
You know Elyxus, i was thinking the same thing, since when the ''Doppelganger Artifact'' was given to Orion, my first thought was- alongside a possible double Annie :sneaky:- what if Orion escapes death using the Artifact? Or even a more absurd thing, what if we can transfer the consciousness of Orion into his copy?

• Love
Reactions: Dylan741 and TemIIx
4.80 star(s) 919 Votes