Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I'm late to the party but I just finished my 1st playthrough and god dammit, this game is perfect!

My only, tiny, problem was with the ending of 0.6. The "big reveal" is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
...?

I mean:

And that's just on top of my head.

I always thought that it was OBVIOUS

Just to compare a bit:

The episode was amazing, and with the scene with Alex that just unfolded, nobody can really complain with this ending. I just found it "underwhelming" in term of teaser.
, but everybody know that at this point.

ps: Sorry for all the spoiler tags, I'm not sure about the rules so I don't want to break one!
The reveal was there to point out how dangerous William Bardot really was and how much he really knows what's going on behind the scenes. Throughout the game we've basically ignored William as the kind of person who is so absorbed in the business so much that he cares only about making decisions that would benefit him in the pursuit of such at the cost of everything else (like controlling Alex's behavior to make her look "presentable" and show to aspiring business partners that he has a model family and such, or snapping at Axel back at the Ulysses party when he thinks his son is becoming irrational like his sister). In 0.5 we get hints that he may be plotting to undermine the Founder and take over the company, and the Axel conversation in 0.6 confirms it, but still we were kept in the dark as to how much he really knows what's going on.

Also, the way the final scene presents it is that William seems to know EVERY move that Orion has done even in moments where he was careful in covering his tracks (i.e. in the Ulysses party where Orion thought the mask disguised who he was) or when there was no indication that he was being monitored (i.e. the visit to Wyatt's former home in the real), as if William was able to watch him in and out of Eternum without issue. So how does he? Well, that's a mystery that we'll like find the answer to in a later update.

Not to mention the fact that the ending basically makes the danger a lot more real in a way. Past updates the endings are just that - Eternum-related stuff that either deepen or reveal a little more about the mystery. Here? Orion is basically put in a bind where he is surrounded by William and a bunch of guys with guns. Real guns. Guns that could kill. "Well, Orion has plot armor nothing bad will happen to him." Well we don't know that. In 0.3 a lot of the community thought that the person knocking the door was Chang or Chop-chop or someone that we knew because we thought Cari was setting up a joke moment at the beginning of 0.4. Nope, it was a member of the Syndicate, and so the scene went from a potential joke moment to a creepy-ass moment because Cari loves his horror as much as he loves making jokes. "But Cari won't be dumb enough to kill Orion here, that would just end the story!"

/points to the conversation thread some pages back (scroll down to the first post made by user named 'Lilybelle' to start) that speculate on what happens if Orion DOES end up hitting the bucket at the beginning of 0.7

So yeah, ANYTHING can happen, but I'm expecting the worst so.../shrugs

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
I'm late to the party but I just finished my 1st playthrough and god dammit, this game is perfect!

My only, tiny, problem was with the ending of 0.6. The "big reveal" is that Bardot know who MC is...?

I mean:
- you go to school with his 2 kids
- punched Axel 2 times
- step up to him at his ex penthouse (he's a billionaire, why wouldn't he ask his men to find out who you are / follow you)
- original founder of one of the Gems (an information we know he have)
- have 2 Gems of Destiny + Calypso

I always thought that it was OBVIOUS that Bardot knew who the MC was... until the end of 0.6 where he acted like "He doesn't know me, I'm good!".

Just to compare a bit:
0.5: You found out about Thanatos and the NPC's secret
0.4: The meeting with the Founder
0.3: The letter from the little girl during the Heist preparations
0.2: Opening the Calypso box
0.1: Learning that Benjamin died in the real world

The episode was amazing, and with the scene with Alex that just unfolded, nobody can really complain with this ending. I just found it "underwhelming" in term of teaser. Bardot "kinda" tease that there's more to Eternum than MC realize, but everybody know that at this point.

MC teleporting into Eternum at the gas station was a much bigger reveal, or that the 3 Weapons are created by Idriel (I'm not sure if it was in 0.5 or 0.6 though)

ps: Sorry for all the spoiler tags, I'm not sure about the rules so I don't want to break one!
Remember that the protagonist after going to Alex's place in no moment he says his name to Mr. Money Bags. Alex herself tells him later at the parking lot below that she witnessed people's livehoods being ruined by her vindictive father for lesser things. And William Bardot also says that our young lad wasn't worth his time before he left.

Reactions: Dorfnutter

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

My only, tiny, problem was with the ending of 0.6. The "big reveal" is that Bardot know who MC is...?

I mean:
- punched Axel 2 times
- step up to him at his ex penthouse (he's a billionaire, why wouldn't he ask his men to find out who you are / follow you)

I always thought that it was OBVIOUS that Bardot knew who the MC was... until the end of 0.6 where he acted like "He doesn't know me, I'm good!".

Just to compare a bit:

The episode was amazing, and with the scene with Alex that just unfolded, nobody can really complain with this ending. I just found it "underwhelming" in term of teaser. Bardot "kinda" tease that there's more to Eternum than MC realize, but everybody know that at this point.

MC teleporting into Eternum at the gas station was a much bigger reveal, or that the 3 Weapons are created by Idriel (I'm not sure if it was in 0.5 or 0.6 though)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The reveal was there to point out how dangerous William Bardot really was and how much he really knows what's going on behind the scenes. Throughout the game we've basically ignored William as the kind of person who is so absorbed in the business so much that he cares only about making decisions that would benefit him in the pursuit of such at the cost of everything else (like controlling Alex's behavior to make her look "presentable" and show to aspiring business partners that he has a model family and such, or snapping at Axel back at the Ulysses party when he thinks his son is becoming irrational like his sister). In 0.5 we get hints that he may be plotting to undermine the Founder and take over the company, and the Axel conversation in 0.6 confirms it, but still we were kept in the dark as to how much he really knows what's going on.

Also, the way the final scene presents it is that William seems to know EVERY move that Orion has done even in moments where he was careful in covering his tracks (i.e. in the Ulysses party where Orion thought the mask disguised who he was) or when there was no indication that he was being monitored (i.e. the visit to Wyatt's former home in the real), as if William was able to watch him in and out of Eternum without issue. So how does he? Well, that's a mystery that we'll like find the answer to in a later update.

Not to mention the fact that the ending basically makes the danger a lot more real in a way. Past updates the endings are just that - Eternum-related stuff that either deepen or reveal a little more about the mystery. Here? Orion is basically put in a bind where he is surrounded by William and a bunch of guys with guns. Real guns. Guns that could kill. "Well, Orion has plot armor nothing bad will happen to him." Well we don't know that. In 0.3 a lot of the community thought that the person knocking the door was Chang or Chop-chop or someone that we knew because we thought Cari was setting up a joke moment at the beginning of 0.4. Nope, it was a member of the Syndicate, and so the scene went from a potential joke moment to a creepy-ass moment because Cari loves his horror as much as he loves making jokes. "But Cari won't be dumb enough to kill Orion here, that would just end the story!"

/points to the conversation thread some pages back (scroll down to the first post made by user named 'Lilybelle' to start) that speculate on what happens if Orion DOES end up hitting the bucket at the beginning of 0.7

So yeah, ANYTHING can happen, but I'm expecting the worst so.../shrugs
You HAD to one-up him ...

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
You HAD to one-up him ...
Eh. Just presented the possible routes there are other than what he had already mentioned. Not everything has to end in plot armor (though Cari could still take that option if the focus on 0.7 will still be on bonding with the girls along with moving the story forward...which might be put in a bind if the "'accidentally' kill William and his goons" or "death by gunshots and going Lazarus" options are chosen).

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Eh. Just presented the possible routes there are other than what he had already mentioned. Not everything has to end in plot armor (though Cari could still take that option if the focus on 0.7 will still be on bonding with the girls along with moving the story forward...which might be put in a bind if the "'accidentally' kill William and his goons" or "death by gunshots and going Lazarus" options are chosen).
Oh, I wasn't talking about your commentary. I would never comment on your Columbo-size analytical brain.

I was talking about the wall of blurred text.

• Haha
Reactions: Dorfnutter

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022

I mean:
- punched Axel 2 times

Just to compare a bit:

Welcome and now you will have to wait for 0.7 painfully like us :devilish:. Things you said have already been answered by "Holmes" Dorfnutter so I will just said that things are a little different here than the others threads.

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Welcome and now you will have to wait for 0.7 painfully like us :devilish:. Things you said have already been answered by "holmes" Dorfnutter so I will just said that things are a little different here than the others threads.
/sees this

/sees 2nd to last part of gif

/reads what's written on bottom left

caddicarus-caddy.gif

DIKs_Steeler

Jan 15, 2022
Ŧhanks for the answers! English isn't my 1st language so I might've come across like I didn't like the ending, but that wasn't the case at all. I just found it "underwhelming" since I always suspected that the billionaire/majority holder would know about Orion, especially since he started to poke around in and out of Eternum. But now, I've replayed the ending and god dammit...

I have even more questions than answers! So, Cari did it, it was pretty perfect as a teaser for 0.7!

Just to name a couple:

Ps: Can someone tell me what I need to blur? I saw a couple post blurred so I did it, but I don't really know what I'm supposed to blur?

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
View attachment 2843015
Mr. Richards might be inclined to pass to the other side by the second alternative. And whichever lady's at the receiving end will need a perfectly good wheelchair to move around for quite some time. :whistle::giggle:
Edit: OCD bug bit me again so I keep going back and fixing some stuff in her hair. This'll be the last edit I think lol.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Ŧhanks for the answers! English isn't my 1st language so I might've come across like I didn't like the ending, but that wasn't the case at all. I just found it "underwhelming" since I always suspected that the billionaire/majority holder would know about Orion, especially since he started to poke around in and out of Eternum. But now, I've replayed the ending and god dammit...

I have even more questions than answers! So, Cari did it, it was pretty perfect as a teaser for 0.7!

Just to name a couple:

- What kind of "procedure" would he need to do at 3AM with Alex? I brushed it off initially since I don't remember them talking about what time it was, but if you skip the Alex scene, we learn that it's 3 or 4AM. It's probably very important.
- Since he didn't know Orion was there, he's probably not keeping tab on him 24/7
- So, the fact that he knew about his visit to Thanatos house as probably more to do about him keeping an eye on Wyatt's house and not Orion?
- We learn that he knows about Calypso and didn't seem to do anything about it (versus the Founder and the Praetorian who seems to be the ones who wanted her locked)

My 1st impression would be that William main focus is researching everything about the NPCs because he wants to become a "god"/turn immortal? If that's the case, it would make sense that he kept an eye on Wyatt's house, so that he can know if he return in any form or shape.

Ps: Can someone tell me what I need to blur? I saw a couple post blurred so I did it, but I don't really know what I'm supposed to blur?
Serious answer though, anything that YOU think is either a spoiler of current content or a potential spoiler of future content should be either in a spoiler box or behind the spoiler fog.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
- What kind of "procedure" would he need to do at 3AM with Alex? I brushed it off initially since I don't remember them talking about what time it was, but if you skip the Alex scene, we learn that it's 3 or 4AM. It's probably very important.
Takkatakka mentioned that it could be him planning to turn Alex into an NPC (though personally I doubt it). My personal theory was on William having Alex sign some documents that would disown her of the Bardot inheritance and any claims she might want to get, given that her moving out on her own might be the last straw on William, so like her mother he's finally cutting her off completely from his life and from the Bardot name (hell he might even have some documents that he brought that - if signed - would completely change her surname, as if he's erasing her from existence or something).

- Since he didn't know Orion was there, he's probably not keeping tab on him 24/7
No, he said that he's surprised to see Orion there. Just because you're keeping tabs on someone doesn't mean that you can't show surprise that said someone would be in a certain location that you least expect him to go.

- So, the fact that he knew about his visit to Thanatos house as probably more to do about him keeping an eye on Wyatt's house and not Orion?
Could be. Could also be that William is able to keep track of Orion's and Nancy's movements via the implant (which would also explain how he's able to keep track of Orion in both the real and in Eternum)...but that's just a theory at the moment.

- We learn that he knows about Calypso and didn't seem to do anything about it (versus the Founder and the Praetorian who seems to be the ones who wanted her locked)
See my answer before this one about the possibility of William being able to track Orion via the implant.

My 1st impression would be that William main focus is researching everything about the NPCs because he wants to become a "god"/turn immortal? If that's the case, it would make sense that he kept an eye on Wyatt's house, so that he can know if he return in any form or shape.
My personal theory on the matter is that his original goal was simply to take control of Ulysses (the company) by trying to dig into what the Founder's goals are and what he could do to undermine the latter's efforts in giving up the company to some random nobody who finds the gems. What likely happened is that he dug a bit too deep and found out a lot more than he bargained for: what Eternum REALLY is, what the Founder's plans ultimately are, what the Weapons of Atlas are, and what the Gems of Doom REALLY are...and now he wants to claim that for himself, being the control freak that he is (Axel and Alex's words, not mine).

^Those are just my thoughts on the matter. Could be wrong, but eh.

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
That's assuming he doesn't get chased off by her dad, which part of me is speculating would happen considering that Nova's first time could be in her house and they might make a mess of the entire place. Extra hilarity if he gets chased off not because he punched Nova's v-card but rather because they wrecked one of his favorite appliances while they banged each other's brains out.

• Haha
Reactions: ArDZer
4.80 star(s) 919 Votes