VN Ren'Py Abandoned Ethan's Legacy [Act 1-3 SE + Extras/IF] [VengeanceXXX]

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

tmv

May 31, 2017
Hi,
I've a small question. The Walkthrough doc implies I can change the statistics at day 1. But what file do I have to lchange?
Thanx

Nemi

May 13, 2017
Hi,
I've a small question. The Walkthrough doc implies I can change the statistics at day 1. But what file do I have to lchange?
Thanx
Good point, I forgot to mention that :D

I changed <game folder>\game\Day01.rpy

Reactions: Krull

tmv

May 31, 2017
Hmmm, I get error messages when I try to adjust the file. Would it be possible for you to share Day01.rpy?

Nemi

May 13, 2017
Hmmm, I get error messages when I try to adjust the file. Would it be possible for you to share Day01.rpy?
Yeah, let me check if it works with a fresh install from the latest version here. I also ran into some issues when I was adjusting multiple things last time around, so I haven't properly bug tested this one particular change.

Done. Works with the latest version, with and without the bugfixes that were posted on the previous page. Points get added the moment you wake up on the first day.

Last edited:

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Here is the 's walkthrough, done 2 hours ago.

(Yes, I also do not understand the png format and the name of the guide...)

Ethan's Legacy Guide Act03 - Act04.png

sifilis

Apr 27, 2017
VengeanceXXX made a walkthrough for Act2, it's posted somewhere in this thread. Don't know why it isn't at the top though.

Reactions: Kimmmm

tmv

May 31, 2017
Yeah, let me check if it works with a fresh install from the latest version here. I also ran into some issues when I was adjusting multiple things last time around, so I haven't properly bug tested this one particular change.

Done. Works with the latest version, with and without the bugfixes that were posted on the previous page. Points get added the moment you wake up on the first day.
Thx

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Hi,
Thanx
Just open console (Shift+O i believe) and type in energy=999.

You will be able to clickity clack power, whenever you wish without running out.

I haven't found how to directly edit the three variables for characters yet tho.

Could be:
name_love=XX
name_desire=XX
name_jealousy=XX

Who knows.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Just open console (Shift+O i believe) and type in energy=999.

You will be able to clickity clack power, whenever you wish without running out.

I haven't found how to directly edit the three variables for characters yet tho.

Could be:
name_love=XX
name_desire=XX
name_jealousy=XX

Who knows.
You can edit them like this

In the location where you have installed the game ,
go to folder renpy > common and find the file 00console.rpy
then right click on it and Open with Notepad or Notepad ++(recommeded)
(make sure you un-check the box Always use this app to open .rpy files)
and find config.console = False then change False to True and save.

After you done all that Shift + O in game to open console.

Regarding Jealousy, I'm not sure what to do with it, do we need to keep it at 0 or are there scenes which can only be triggered with a high jealousy rating.

Energy = 999

Gina_Love = 999
Gina_Jealousy = 999
Gina_Desire = 0

Mom_Love = 999
Mom_Jealousy = 999
Mom_Desire = 0

Violet_Love = 999
Violet_Jealousy = 999
Violet_Desire = 0

Jessica_Love = 999
Jessica_Jealousy = 999
Jessica_Desire = 0

Clara_Love = 999
Clara_Jealousy = 999
Clara_Desire = 0

Voice_Love = 999
Voice_Jealousy = 999
Voice_Desire = 0

Sonic_Love = 999
Sonic_Jealousy = 999
Sonic_Desire = 0

Elizabeth_Love = 999
Elizabeth_Jealousy = 999
Elizabeth_Desire = 0

disp_love = 999
disp_jealousy = 999
disp_desire = 0

Gio

Modder
Aug 12, 2016
found a cheat but disabled by author i re-enabled it :D
shows when starting new way

from act 03 v4 special
dont download this newbies i updated it, this one jumps to day09 but the updated can jump to any day you like :p
plus unlimited energy for your power ;)

and cheat option at start of new game for 100 all stats and after that you choose day

Last edited:
Reactions: Krull and Nemi

Nemi

May 13, 2017
Regarding Jealousy, I'm not sure what to do with it, do we need to keep it at 0 or are there scenes which can only be triggered with a high jealousy rating.
Set Desire a little higher (10 or so, or just 999). You're missing out on a few Gina/Mom options by setting them at 0.
Jealousy is completely irrelevant so far. You get the same scenes regardless of score.

Also, just to confirm, with the small exception of three alternative scenes on Day 2 between Jessica, Violet and Clara/Sentry, the only thing higher scores do is adding more options and more scenes. You don't miss out on any content by having high scores besides that minor inconsequential scene on Day 2.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
It's really not that much of a mess.
He started out with one engine and a story told in chapters.
After 3 chapters he switched to renpy and called what was already done Act 1.

With Renpy he just updates the game until an act is finished, basically the same other developers do, just named differently.
Just download the latest version of each act from 2 upwards and all parts of act 1.

It's not that complicated, it's not a mess, just has to do with the way the game was developed.

Dr. Grand Candy

Jul 7, 2017
I'd like to share some more info about the game since I've looked into every script files when making bug fix.

1. Do not change "disp_***"
This functionality is used to display character stats on screen (hence the name disp_) when you click the top right heart icon.
It's not called upon by the game when checking stats. So there is no need to change it.

2. It's better to edit stats using console command than mod the game files themselves
Well it's fairly obvious that keeping the original files intact would save you a lot of potential problems, if there is any. Besides, you will have to mod the files again every time the author releases a new update.
While using console command only affects savegames and can be safely carried over through updates unless he completely ditches the current stats system, which is very unlikely.

3. As of now(v.4) Jealousy is still unused in-game, only Love and Desire are checked
This is, of course, talking about Act 03 only, earlier acts doesn't matter anyways.
I've done a mass search in every script files to make sure of it.

Frankly I would just suggest everyone to make a initial save with every stats in 100.
Right now the "gameplay" part of the game, managing energy/character stats and all that, is completely meaningless and counter-intuitive IMO.

Read the spoiler if you want to hear my two cents.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Nemi

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
News from

Jul 27 at 8:55am

Allright, I've heard what most of you have to say and I think I want to try something different with Ethan's legacy next month.
First of all, I have zero intentions to stop making Ethan's legacy. Please don't misunderstand my last post. It's there to provide a ground of discussion where I tell you my worries with the game and we can talk about the problems together.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes