VN Ren'Py Abandoned Ethan's Legacy [Act 1-3 SE + Extras/IF] [VengeanceXXX]

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Wait, so each Act is separate from each other? The latter version doesn't have the previous ones?
On the OP, It should explain it.
Act 1- Chapters 1, 2, and 3 are all Act 1.
Act 2- Act 2 is Act 2 v3a.
Act 3- Act 3 v.4 is the new update for all Act 3. It replaces any previous "Act 3 v.x" versions.

Reactions: Cravch and Krull

Teaber

Mar 26, 2017
It's a pity: I really sympathize with this guy; it is obvious he really puts forth some effort into this and tries to do things right. But, man, the game is such a mess. Narratively, it barely makes any sense at all. And he keeps adding characters and piling tons of boring text (he really needs to improve the writing, or get someone who knows how to do it) instead of focusing on developing just 3/4 characters (obviously, the mother and the sister plus maybe two more in the office) and providing interesting scenes for them. Also, the additions to the gameplay (the buttons, etc.) are not bad ideas at all, but, in my view, it is all still a bit confusing.

What still gets me on board is that the art is not bad, and he did devise some really hot sequences here and there (the first sex with the mom is my favourite). But even that is not at its best in this update. As has been pointed out, it appears that he has just "reused" some old scenes by switching the characters in them. On a side (and more personal) note, I wonder what happened to the mom's bush: is it just that DC Warner removing moustaches digitally is trending already?

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I have to disagree about the milking thing as dev puts a lot in his updates to advance the story and really cares about what he is doing while making shit for money and trying to have this as his full time job. Don't forget that devs have to pay for all the assets they use in a game, the models, all their clothing, their naughty bits and the backgrounds. This dev makes $1k a month as a living then goes out of pocket to buy assets so he is most likely living on less than most of consider minimum wage. When you factor in that some devs are making over $10k a month and releasing tiny bullshit qsp releases with stolen "brazzers" pics every 6 months it is hard to call him a milker...
This.
TO accuse Vengeance of "milking" when there are devs that publish one update with 10 minutes gameplay in 3 months and get 10k+ a month, there has to be some faulty wiring in your head.

I mean, there are things to criticize, particularly the slow burn when it comes to the relationships with anybody but mom and sis (or the fact that you constantly call them mom and sis, when due to having sexual relations with them, you'd probably much prefer to use their names more often ;) ), but definitely not that he gives people nothing for their money.

Last edited:

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
This.
TO accuse Vengeance of "milking" when there are devs that publish one update with 10 minutes gameplay in 3 months and get 10k+ a month, there has to some faulty wiring in your head.

I mean, there are things to criticize, particularly the slow burn when it comes to the relationships with anybody but mom and sis (or the fact that you constantly call them mom and sis, when due to having sexual relations with them, you'd probably much prefer to use their names more often ;) ), but definitely not that he gives people nothing for their money.
Totally agree.

Some have gotten pretty spoiled with those fucking 10 minute gameplay updates.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017

Waaaaaa.

WTF should I download?
I want a recent version of the game that has all acts included with extras.

Dll All-In one and start overwriting?

WUT?

G-Drive is overloaded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gagi114

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
@RobJoy
I think you should start with the "All-In-One" pack and adjust after if needed.

At the end, you should have:

Act 1 is separated in 3 parts:
Act 1 .1 fix (My_Legacy.exe)
Act 1 .2 (My_Legacy_Second.exe)
Act 1 .3 fix (Ethan_Legacy_Third.exe)

Then, you have an optional extra "The morning glory" and a so optional IF "The new model".
Extra (Ethan_Legacy_Morning_Glory.exe)
IF (Ethan_Legacy_New_Model.exe)

Act 2 and Act 3 are NOT separated in parts. You'll just have to play the last versions of each, plus an extra after Act 2.
Act 2 v3a (Ethan_Legacy_Fourth.exe)
Act 2 Extra (Ethan_Legacy_MovieNight.exe)
Act 3 v4SE (EthansLegacy.exe renpy game)

Saves are not used between Acts and parts.

sifilis

Apr 27, 2017
I agree, it's a total mess. As a guess I think you should download the all-in-one version from post #1 and then Ethan's Legacy - VengeanceXXX [RENPY] Act_03v4_Special referenced a few posts earlier. I don't know who's maintaining this thread, but post #1 should contain visible links only to Act 1, Act 2 v3 SE and act 3 v4 SE. Anything else should be in /spoiler.

On a different note, does any supporter know when Vengeance will release a bugfix for v4?

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
@RobJoy
I think you should start with the "All-In-One" pack and adjust after if needed.

At the end, you should have:

Act 1 is separated in 3 parts:
Act 1 .1 fix (My_Legacy.exe)
Act 1 .2 (My_Legacy_Second.exe)
Act 1 .3 fix (Ethan_Legacy_Third.exe)

Then, you have an optional extra "The morning glory" and a so optional IF "The new model".
Extra (Ethan_Legacy_Morning_Glory.exe)
IF (Ethan_Legacy_New_Model.exe)

Act 2 and Act 3 are NOT separated in parts. You'll just have to play the last versions of each, plus an extra after Act 2.
Act 2 v3a (Ethan_Legacy_Fourth.exe)
Act 2 Extra (Ethan_Legacy_MovieNight.exe)
Act 3 v4SE (EthansLegacy.exe renpy game)

Saves are not used between Acts and parts.
Thanks for summing it all up. :)

I just want to play it all in one go, moving from act to act.

You're saying this is not the case here, but it is rather a clusterfuck of downloading and playing each act separately?

Patan

May 28, 2017
i think that was best update we had, story going great and good amount of sex scenes :FeelsGoodMan: thanks for sharing!

Reactions: flanby
U

User_10739

You're saying this is not the case here, but it is rather a clusterfuck of downloading and playing each act separately?
He changed engines midway through that accounts for the difference. The extra & if episodes were presents to his Elite tier patrons.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017

Exactly. The game is split into several acts, and the first act is split into several parts.
Extras and IF are very optional, they does not add anything to the game, they are just ... extras... with some of the game characters.
But for the full story, you'll have to play the 3 acts, so 5 files.

Nemi

May 13, 2017
On a different note, does any supporter know when Vengeance will release a bugfix for v4?
Bugfix would indeed be nice. Right now there's an unused "Affection" scene with Violet for Day 9 that's never called on under any circumstance, and when
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I was a little annoyed with the lack of indication which of the 24 statistics (Love/Desire/Jealousy for 8 characters) I should actually spend my energy on. Turns out, only 7 of them ever matter:

Gina's Love, Gina's Desire, Mom's Desire, Jessica's Love, Violet's Love, Clara/Sentry's Love, Sonic's Love

A simplified system with just one variable "Love" would have served this game better. Gina is the only one for whom both Love and Desire matter, and the game wouldn't suffer much from it just being one statistic. That said, maybe the other statistics are more useful in the future.

The game is mostly just clicking through everything, but some nice scenes are only accessible given a certain amount of points. I've went through all 10 days in the current version and wrote down these scenes that required a particular score, and decisions where different options would lead to a different outcomes in Love/Desire score. It's not made to look great, but I Figured I might as well share it with those who are interested.

Edit: Updated the walkthrough by being more specific which file to change to gain the required amount of Love. Also added a modified Day1.rpy for the Special version of Act3 v4 in the zip file for those who don't dare modify any files, but want to see all scenes. Works with and without the bugfix posted here. Points get added the moment you wake up on the first day.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 7 Votes