VN Ren'Py Abandoned Ethan's Legacy [Act 1-3 SE + Extras/IF] [VengeanceXXX]

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

sifilis

Apr 27, 2017
I was a little annoyed with the lack of indication which of the 24 statistics (Love/Desire/Jealousy for 8 characters) I should actually spend my energy on. Turns out, only 7 of them ever matter:

Gina's Love, Gina's Desire, Mom's Desire, Jessica's Love, Violet's Love, Clara/Sentry's Love, Sonic's Love
Wow, good to know that. It's quite important, especially since Violet's sex scene implicitly stated that you need more desire with her. I'll admit I just pump all characters stats to 50 at the beginning of each chapter so I don't miss anything.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Bugfix would indeed be nice. Right now there's an unused "Affection" scene with Violet for Day 9 that's never called on under any circumstance, and when
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I was a little annoyed with the lack of indication which of the 24 statistics (Love/Desire/Jealousy for 8 characters) I should actually spend my energy on. Turns out, only 7 of them ever matter:

Gina's Love, Gina's Desire, Mom's Desire, Jessica's Love, Violet's Love, Clara/Sentry's Love, Sonic's Love

A simplified system with just one variable "Love" would have served this game better. Gina is the only one for whom both Love and Desire matter, and the game wouldn't suffer much from it just being one statistic. That said, maybe the other statistics are more useful in the future.

The game is mostly just clicking through everything, but some nice scenes are only accessible given a certain amount of points. I've went through all 10 days in the current version and wrote down these scenes that required a particular score, and decisions where different options would lead to a different outcomes in Love/Desire score. It's not made to look great, but I Figured I might as well share it with those who are interested.

lkta

May 3, 2017
was quite happy with the original linear story with lots of reading and not a lot to do, Just playing through the story with the odd choice here & there was fine.

Think he should have probably stuck to this for ethans & maybe played around more with experimenting on Daryce

Reactions: Dr. Grand Candy

Nemi

May 13, 2017
I'll try to read that later, but here is a new message from ...

That's an awesome post. It's very clear Ethan's Legacy is his first real attempt at this, and you can see him learning as he goes. He knows his problems very well, and I still like it despite all its flaws. Daryce shows he's learned from his mistakes. It uses the same mechanics, but a much more enjoyable experience.

For the Desire mechanic, like I said before, I propose collapsing the three separate statistics into one "Love" statistic. The five or so Desire-triggers for Gina/Mom could be easily changed. That way he can keep almost everything intact, and you can still get slightly different scenes depending on who you prefer to spend your time with (Violet/Jessica/Clara/Sonic). If he has no plans for Voice/Elizabeth, scrap those two as options for ever gaining Love, to avoid people wasting energy on them. This makes the mechanic so much clearer.

Sex scenes just need (good) animation most of all. I agree that Gina's first time was the best, both when it comes to sex and the romance leading up to it. Practice makes perfect, I suppose.

Dr. Grand Candy

Jul 7, 2017
OMG not 5 minutes into day 9 and I already found 3 bugs... Guess I will have to update my bugfix as well at this rate...

I really hope he takes his time on releasing updates. He's not using higher tiers of patrons for alpha-testing like some others which is kinda honorable, but if he keep pushing himself and release buggy updates he's gonna disrupt his own workflow. It's not like people who enjoyed his style would mind waiting for 1~2 more days.

VNON

Sep 25, 2016
I should download all link to play from start?
I hv downloaded latest link, when its start its already in the middle of somehing :v

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
I should download all link to play from start?
I hv downloaded latest link, when its start its already in the middle of somehing :v
Seriously? It would be 50 pages before, I could understand, but previous page?

VNON

Sep 25, 2016
i'm sorry, i just really confused,
can you guide me, if i want play from beginning, which link i should click?
aaa, just very confused,

ok, i think i just need to read carefully,
so i just need to clik all in one link?
i already download act 3 v.4

Thank you for your patience

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
LOL Desire mechanic is about the only redeemable thing in the game.
Sure it could be tweaked and balanced so you have a way to replenish that energy in a balanced way.

But come on, the premise is superb.
And I want to find out what he will do with those powers, and how and on who he will use them.

Especially now at the last episode that is available (Ghost and him are unconscious on the bed in the hotel).

And for gods sake, change the model of the mother.
Burn it with fire.

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
Hey ya'll, I'm just starting out with this saga and was wondering if there's a walkthrough to help me through this?
Normally I just go with it and do several playthroughs, but with the limited saving slots this is gonna be a bother in this case. :oops:

Nemi

May 13, 2017
LOL Desire mechanic is about the only redeemable thing in the game.
Sure it could be tweaked and balanced so you have a way to replenish that energy in a balanced way.

But come on, the premise is superb.
And I want to find out what he will do with those powers, and how and on who he will use them.

Especially now at the last episode that is available (Ghost and him are unconscious on the bed in the hotel).

And for gods sake, change the model of the mother.
Burn it with fire.
He won't change the mother, he's stated explicitly that it wasn't meant to appeal to everyone, but that he was happy with it. Doesn't mean it can't be improved a little, but don't expect much in that regard.

Desire mechanic could actually make a ton of sense though. Act 3 could be all about making other characters trust/love you in the face of this danger. Then Act 4 is the battle within Ethan, one side wants to corrupt everyone to the point where they're only left with desire, another side wants them to be save from this, and the only way is to drive them away through jealousy. This latest update added so many possibilities for where the story goes next. I like that.

Hey ya'll, I'm just starting out with this saga and was wondering if there's a walkthrough to help me through this?
Normally I just go with it and do several playthroughs, but with the limited saving slots this is gonna be a bother in this case. :oops:
The various chapters for Act 1 and Act 2 don't need a walkthrough. They're entirely linear, and your choices only make their responses in the moment slightly different. You won't miss out on content regardless of your choices as far as I know. Act 2 introduces the mechanic where you can increase Love/Desire/Jealousy, but it doesn't seem to change anything yet.

For Act 3, it's a little more influential, and I've written a guide for that a few posts ago:

Reactions: Krull and Onysko

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
The various chapters for Act 1 and Act 2 don't need a walkthrough. They're entirely linear, and your choices only make their responses in the moment slightly different. You won't miss out on content regardless of your choices as far as I know. Act 2 introduces the mechanic where you can increase Love/Desire/Jealousy, but it doesn't seem to change anything yet.

For Act 3, it's a little more influential, and I've written a guide for that a few posts ago:
Thanks! So there's a new mechanic in Act 2 that does nothing? Should I just ignore it then?

Nemi

May 13, 2017
Thanks! So there's a new mechanic in Act 2 that does nothing? Should I just ignore it then?
Since he used a different engine I don't know how to look into the game mechanics to confirm this. What I do know is that different dialogue options (and sometimes even clicking on the screen to kiss rather than talking) get you slightly different amounts of points. Generally, the options are indifferent vs. "I like you", so then "I like you" gives you more points. The story definitely plays out the same regardless of your number of points, though. At best, I can imagine a line here or there being slightly different. On top of that, it's technically a separate game, so the points don't transfer to Act 3. You always start Act 3 with maximum points.

Reactions: Onysko

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
Since he used a different engine I don't know how to look into the game mechanics to confirm this. What I do know is that different dialogue options (and sometimes even clicking on the screen to kiss rather than talking) get you slightly different amounts of points. Generally, the options are indifferent vs. "I like you", so then "I like you" gives you more points. The story definitely plays out the same regardless of your number of points, though. At best, I can imagine a line here or there being slightly different. On top of that, it's technically a separate game, so the points don't transfer to Act 3. You always start Act 3 with maximum points.
Thanks, I appreciate that. :)

Reactions: Krull and Nemi

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
He won't change the mother, he's stated explicitly that it wasn't meant to appeal to everyone, but that he was happy with it. Doesn't mean it can't be improved a little, but don't expect much in that regard.

Desire mechanic could actually make a ton of sense though. Act 3 could be all about making other characters trust/love you in the face of this danger. Then Act 4 is the battle within Ethan, one side wants to corrupt everyone to the point where they're only left with desire, another side wants them to be save from this, and the only way is to drive them away through jealousy. This latest update added so many possibilities for where the story goes next. I like that.

I think he has ALL of the powers of ALL of the specials.
He is just awakening them one by one.

Remember the last scene when he lies on the bed?
I bet in the next update, when the girls turn him around, they will find no wound.

Also if you look top of the bar where the Heart is in the center of that black bar, just above the circle for power.
I bet he will populate that bar with other powers.

It makes sense, it is logical and damn exciting.

But it would complicate the game going forward.
He will need to think long and hard about how he will do it.

All the same, I think this game has amazing potential now.

Nemi

May 13, 2017
I think he has ALL of the powers of ALL of the specials.
He is just awakening them one by one.

Remember the last scene when he lies on the bed?
I bet in the next update, when the girls turn him around, they will find no wound.

Also if you look top of the bar where the Heart is in the center of that black bar, just above the circle for power.
I bet he will populate that bar with other powers.

It makes sense, it is logical and damn exciting.

But it would complicate the game going forward.
He will need to think long and hard about how he will do it.

All the same, I think this game has amazing potential now.
Didn't even consider that yet. There was no blood besides the initial splatter, even though he walked around a lot after that, so I also figured he healed. He's definitely a "Super" special, but of course there's also Isabel who at this point could have literally any amount of powers. The game could be balanced around that. On top of that, the "Super" Ethan kept mentioning he didn't have much time. He's the only one to mention time limits so far. The potential is very intriguing, so I hope the game delivers on that in the future.

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes