VN Ren'Py Abandoned Ethan's Legacy [Act 1-3 SE + Extras/IF] [VengeanceXXX]

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

Dustellar

Aug 22, 2016
Damn! I really loved both, mom and sis in this game... anyway, good luck to the creator.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
Authors need to start trusting other devs to pick up their work. Like in paper novels (ex. when Branden Sanderson finished Robert Jordans work in The Wheels of Time) Give someone who you think would protect your legacy a rough outline of the entire story, Render settings, hell art can even change wouldnt bother me as long as dialogue is doing it justice. @Adoringfan i know you dislike writing, but its my dying wish.

Edit: Zombie hitler is real!

Last edited:
U

User_10739

Sadly, V3X was his own worst enemy, this was my favorite game hands down and I became an elite tier supporter just as the IF and extras came out prior to Act 2 and the jump to ren'py. He was very commited and always released lots of content with story progression. Unfortunately he took the criticism of non patron internet trolls bitching about lack of sexual content, or that they felt like they were being cucked (like that ever happens :p) to heart and after I would download and play the newest release thinking "wow that was awesome", I would get an email from him in the middle of the night full of self doubt, apologizing for the update that just came out. This was a monthly ritual and does not bode well towards retaining your patrons, attracting new ones and building confidence in the game as a whole. On several occasions I sent him pm's trying to get him to relax and ignore what the free-loaders had to say but that was just not him.

It is ironic to see the pledges that other devs get while releasing nothing for over 6 months or 2 minute updates that look like they were thrown together over the weekend prior to release date, but I guess people are going to support, who they're going to support and sometimes good people are going to fall through the cracks. I hope that one day the fire will light within him to finish this game that was left teetering on the tip of the iceberg, even if it is part time and 3 months between updates.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
RIP to one of the very few adult games that actually played around with subtext. It may have been blatantly obvious subtext but at least someone put forth the effort.

Good luck to him going forward.

L

leetitoldu

Well only Dreams of Desire left now to play :FeelsBadMan:

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
or that they felt like they were being cucked (like that ever happens :p)
I don't think some people know how that works if i'm honest.

I was in a debate with someone yesterday about Dreaming of Dana being a cuck game when the woman in question was fucking her husband and only fucks the MC on the side, that's not being cucked.

Then he brought up the sister blowing someone else, the guy she was engaged to at the start of the game long before her and MC got together, also not being cucked.

As far as this game goes, I heard it too. The problem being the only 2 women you are in a relationship with are the mother and sister who never sleep with anyone else. All the other women slept around to do their job long before they met Ethan, also not being cucked.

I don't think they realise you need to be in a relationship with someone before you can be cucked.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
It's always extremely sad to see when this happens... how much of such brilliant games i've seen dying.... Now i practically always afraid to see and support some really ambitious project, because it may just die, as many others did before... and millions typical fuck fest alpha-beta-demo stories with horrible stories, without anything new and "quick" produced renders will continue to exist, and even become more popular, with hundreds patrons and huge fanbase. Ethan's Legacy for me was one of the very rare gems on patreon, where story was so good, that i waited for update and checked his patreon practically every day, thought about this game so much and even making theories about Ghost (that i guess we will never save) and other characters. It's just become so great in last few months, with Ethan's powers finally arise, awesome cliffhangers, and boom! it's dead. Didn't have a single chance. One of the very few authors who really put a lot of work in his game, with lots and lots of content in each update.

And the question now is "Where else i can FIND such beautiful characters? Where else i can find story of this level?" It's a huge shock. So sad to see that i guess we will never see our beautiful mom and Gina again, never really romance Clara, never really have revenge punch on that Marcus and whole Luxem, never pursue our relationship with Violet (it's just become so good!), never become big brother of Jessica, have fun with Sonic, Voice, Elizabeth... it's all just a dreams. I know Vengeance was always very critical and had big problems in his life, but this post to patrons still surprised me. I really-really hope he will overcome his depression and things get better soon, and maybe... just maybe will continue this project some time later. It's too good to be completely abandoned. It can't be the end. Maybe one update in few months, but not the end. Why so many great projects that i love can't survive on patreon?! :closedtongue: :'(

Maybe someone will pick up those projects where he left? As a fan project of some sort. If I had sufficient knowledge in scripting and rendering I would have done so myself with passion.
Sadly, It's not gonna be THAT Ethan's Legacy anymore. In my opinion, only author can continue game in the direction we all love. Vengeance right, story was unique exactly because of his personality, and we can clearly see all that depression and dark things in this story. We just didn't know that it was what happened in author's soul. Not just fantasy.

Last edited:
Reactions: aweriel and Krull

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
Sadly, V3X was his own worst enemy, this was my favorite game hands down and I became an elite tier supporter just as the IF and extras came out prior to Act 2 and the jump to ren'py. He was very commited and always released lots of content with story progression. Unfortunately he took the criticism of non patron internet trolls bitching about lack of sexual content, or that they felt like they were being cucked (like that ever happens :p) to heart and after I would download and play the newest release thinking "wow that was awesome", I would get an email from him in the middle of the night full of self doubt, apologizing for the update that just came out. This was a monthly ritual and does not bode well towards retaining your patrons, attracting new ones and building confidence in the game as a whole. On several occasions I sent him pm's trying to get him to relax and ignore what the free-loaders had to say but that was just not him.

It is ironic to see the pledges that other devs get while releasing nothing for over 6 months or 2 minute updates that look like they were thrown together over the weekend prior to release date, but I guess people are going to support, who they're going to support and sometimes good people are going to fall through the cracks. I hope that one day the fire will light within him to finish this game that was left teetering on the tip of the iceberg, even if it is part time and 3 months between updates.
Wow...just wow...did he take patreon down? If not I think I'll still go offer my support. I've only played act 1. But I can't help but admire that spirit.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
It happens to other folk too, they start to see criticism and it gets to them after a while. They start overthinking things and the next thing they know nothing they do is good enough.

Seen it happen more than once.

The shame here is he genuinely had something good but I think once that doubt gets it's claws in it's hard to shake it again.

It's a shame you can't bottle confidence or i'd have sent some of my over inflated ego over. I couldn't help out on his project as I have zero artistic talent. I can just about manage squiggles and i've got no talent for writing. I can come up with the occasional amusing one liner but I couldn't build a character or a plot line or a world for those to exist in.

That's the biggest reason this happening is such a shame, the guy has a ton of talent. His characters were great and I enjoyed the story he was building.

Reactions: Lt. Aldo Raine

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
When you spend 60 years in the "white-bread" vanilla world that IS my life, it's kinda hard to understand this kind of angst. But it does make you feel for Vengeancexxx that much more! Someone needs to point them here, as I have seen very little criticism for these (re. Darcye) projects. These stories are amazing!

89tasker

Jun 4, 2017
He sounded like a true artist; suffering for his craft.
He will truly be missed. A true developer among a sea of milkers.

I've criticized it in the past, but now I can see that the ugliness of the mother was really a reflection of VXXX's scarred soul.

Makes me feel bad he didn't get the Patreon support he needed.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
I've criticized it in the past, but now I can see that the ugliness of the mother was really a reflection of VXXX's scarred soul.
And i still don't think she was ugly in any way. She's beautiful in her own way. And Jessica too. All his characters is unique, and no doubt that all their suffering wasn't just for show. Really sad that we might never see new stuff with any of them... when you only begin to really care about them... so many expectations.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
It's a shame , but it's not over , life's a journey , i hope he finds his happier trails.
I'm sure he'll be back probably under an alias, you will know by the number of forehead shots.

@aldorain thanks for putting me on blast. I honestly wouldn't know where to start, to me the connection between the superpowers and the family 'bonding' story never quiet meshed. It could've done well one way or the other, but really I just wanted to spend more time with the super needy animu sister.

Reactions: Krull

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
I'm sure he'll be back probably under an alias, you will know by the number of forehead shots.

@aldorain thanks for putting me on blast. I honestly wouldn't know where to start, to me the connection between the superpowers and the family 'bonding' story never quiet meshed. It could've done well one way or the other, but really I just wanted to spend more time with the super needy animu sister.
You fool... what I was saying is that you would be the person I'd trust with mine.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Pretty sure that was because some people prefer a more realistic looking woman that's close to 50 years old rather than a woman that looks the same age as her kids.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
Pretty sure that was because some people prefer a more realistic looking woman that's close to 50 years old rather than a woman that looks the same age as her kids.
I'm all for the realistic looking mature women, not enough around here if you ask me.

Reactions: Krull
3.60 star(s) 7 Votes