VN Ren'Py Abandoned Ethan's Legacy [Act 1-3 SE + Extras/IF] [VengeanceXXX]

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
@BOINL VeangeanceXXX did not released Mac version. You'll have to do it yourself (very easy, there is a tuto in the appropriate forum).
But you should try a vmWare/parallel with a light windows 7. It's what I use and it's really perfect.

Reactions: Krull

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
@Gio I would not want to say nonsense, but I'm nearly sure that it is precisely the definition of "abandoned" :p

May 20, 2017
Ethan's Legacy was really one of the best games I have ever played. The progress of the storyline towards the end of ACT 3 v4 was amazing. The main character was literally on the verge of becoming something much stronger than all the other characters with power. Wish V3X could come back after sometime or someone could continue in his place till he was ready to return. I was really anxious about the storyline progress of the main character for the next update but ain't gonna happen. If V3X would give permission for anyone of the talented developers to continue the story, it would have been a huge favor. Huge fan of Ethan's Legacy.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
There are perhaps 5 or 6 games total I enjoy story wise but Ethan's Legacy was my favourite.

While I would love nothing more than to see it finished I don't know if it would be as good or i'd like it as much if it was done by someone else.

Reactions: Lucifer_Morningstar

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017
Huh, I had only just discovered this last week and played through all of it. The post about it being dead went up 2 days after I downloaded it, so I didn't see it until now. That's a bummer. It was really heading places. The first act was kind of bad; lots of story, almost no sex, and was using that bad engine. (TyranoBuilder or something? Not the only game I've seen use it, and I honestly hate it.) Second act was a marked improvement in both story and sex and adding the control mechanic, but was still using the bad engine. Then act 3... truly amazing. Renpy was the switch it needed to make it great. Was still kind of difficult to discern what the affects of your powers actually were, but nice nonetheless. Sad to hear it's dead now, because it would have only improved from where it was. I would've hoped that it eventually led to a more sandboxy style where instead of being pushed forward by the story, you could just go around seeing sex scenes with the different characters. But now we'll never know.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the mom was the first believable mom I've seen in any of these games that use Daz models. Her body was still kind of out there (definitely good, but yeah), but her face was more realistic than anything I've seen. It wasn't some plastic supermodel stock face that most of these games seem to use. It was something I could appreciate.

Last edited:

Randor

Donor
May 26, 2017

abbott

Jun 1, 2017
May Ethan's mom rest in peace.
Ain't that many plausible models for these relatively mature women in the first place, as is.
Pity to see her go.

As for the thing as a whole, it's not that surprising he finally decided to quit, considering he was largely eating his own tail from the very beginning, with the pace and structure of the narrative going in circles and out of breath constantly. So, he finally buckled under his own self doubt and pressure. Perhaps, in a different world, he would have understood that his fantasy of having superpowers instead of decent writing was rooted in his own personal insecurities.

If anything, this ought to be something to learn from, in respecting the few headstrong developers out there that understand the responsibility of such a project a taste more than before. Truth be told, writing's not that hard when you've lived a little, but most of these folks are still waiting for their second ball to drop. If you squint with your good eye, you might just observe the reflection, if you will, of the ever growing trend of the youthful creator and the resulting, defective creation.

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes