2.60 star(s) 8 Votes

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
It's weird, all the mirrors point to 1.3.10 but I noticed I have 1.3.11 on my drive as in the topic title.

But I have no source files to build the "Ethos of Darkness.exe" file of course.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
The game is impossible to complete, I was too ambitious and the issues started to pile. If I ever continue it, it will be as a text-only game. There's no way a one-man project can cover all coding, writing and drawing.

I don't even have the last version of the code, I lost all my source files and my previous ones were from like two versions before.
Yo Ray.

Just for the record, my offer to help with artwork still stands. Got me a new PC, so I can work really fast.
Graphically speaking, if you were intending to keep a generic type of bodies (i.e, the bodies were all the same, but adapted to race, combined with small-to-big body types), then I could probably handle all the model parts. Backgrounds shouldn't be a problem neither, since they were static. And you can always ask for help around, and find someone able to help.
In my case, just lemme know.

Personally, I never cared about having animations.
The characters standing there, and switching positions was good enough, is not like I need (and probably most players) the actual movement, just a visual set up. You did a great work on the vector updated models, so it was really pointless to have the extra effort and time just to make them move.

And writing... meh.
Unless you're aiming to do erotic-detailed writing (a la Fenoxo), there's no point neither. Your game had a different angle, and the text was in a different direction.

jenterscape

Mar 25, 2018
Text only game is fine with me. Images are overrated in my opinion. Unless you can make the game art decent it's not worth doing. In Lust doll and influencing I think the poor artwork detracts from the game. However in games like Summertime Saga, Something Unlimited, or Kingdom of Deception the artwork compensates for the poor writing. If your artwork is that good then go do it - if it's not then don't bother. Right now there isn't a lot of competition for good text-only sex games besides TiTs and CoC2.

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Man... I remember this one. It was interesting, and I feel like it's a shame it died. If I remember correctly, the dev was unable to take the time to continue development.

RIP an interesting game...

Last edited:
2.60 star(s) 8 Votes