Studio 781

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
Is that normal?, im playing it on joiplay btw View attachment 3401797
View attachment 3401794
No worries!

Also, I hope I can make a proper Android version in the future. I know a lot of people want it, but unfortunately I haven't had the time recently to sit down to figure it out and make it.
The reason is that the game uses variations of GUI elements when is being played on android, "gui.rpy" and "screens.rpy" contain variables and customize styles for Android.

What I did at the end was creating a GUI friendly with both Android and PC on mind, erasing all the Android custom GUI, removing all the if cycles:
Code:
if renpy.variant("pc") or (renpy.variant("web") and not renpy.variant("mobile")):
Is just a matter of trying the game on Android and PC to see if everything works correctly for both, making buttons big enough to be touch but not bothersome for PC players.

Reactions: Velvet Gene

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
The reason is that the game uses variations of GUI elements when is being played on android, "gui.rpy" and "screens.rpy" contain variables and customize styles for Android.

What I did at the end was creating a GUI friendly with both Android and PC on mind, erasing all the Android custom GUI, removing all the if cycles:
Code:
if renpy.variant("pc") or (renpy.variant("web") and not renpy.variant("mobile")):
Is just a matter of trying the game on Android and PC to see if everything works correctly for both, making buttons big enough to be touch but not bothersome for PC players.
Ok! Thank you for the tip!

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Currently trying out the latest build. So far, so good. Will update as bugs are spotted.

That said, and this is a low priority but still nice to think about for later I think.
...Could you add fried chicken to the favorite foods options in a future dialogue update? ...I just really like fried chicken myself... and fried chicken is yummy...

Bugs spotted:
- When selecting the 'charm' related blowjob option to settle disputes during court hearings triggers a gray screen that forces a rollback. Happened when one of the characters had a new hair style added/applied. Dunno if it'll happen elsewhere though yet.
- Okay, just tried it with other NPCs with the already loaded hair/face styles. Error shows up specifically with blowjobs. Gotta try it with other sex options though.
- Other rNPCs (random NPCs) are affected by this blowjob bug, and only the blow job option seems to be affected by this. uNPCs (unique NPCs) like Lizette and Blanche aren't affected by this. That said, I don't play with other male NPCs of any sort so my info is naturally limed bc of that. Sorry, not sorry.
- Another, much more minor graphical error, is that, when getting serviced by players with headgear on, a double of that headgear kinda... just floats there in the air. Removing the headgear ahead of time gets rid of that issue though but still worth looking into.
- Dunno if the error of the partner you're banging vanishes either leaving only their eyes or a transparent head is still there since I haven't run into it yet but have in the last few versions so I'm not ruling it out yet either.

So, final verdict of build for now:
- New art assets and variants are nice.
- Major blowjob bug affecting rNPCs, likely bc of the new assets being added.
- same old minor graphical glitches still either persist, or just haven't shown up yet.

That's all so far.

Last edited:

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
Currently trying out the latest build. So far, so good. Will update as bugs are spotted.

That said, and this is a low priority but still nice to think about for later I think.
...Could you add fried chicken to the favorite foods options in a future dialogue update? ...I just really like fried chicken myself... and fried chicken is yummy...

Bugs spotted:
- When selecting the 'charm' related blowjob option to settle disputes during court hearings triggers a gray screen that forces a rollback. Happened when one of the characters had a new hair style added/applied. Dunno if it'll happen elsewhere though yet.
- Okay, just tried it with other NPCs with the already loaded hair/face styles. Error shows up specifically with blowjobs. Gotta try it with other sex options though.
- Other rNPCs (random NPCs) are affected by this blowjob bug, and only the blow job option seems to be affected by this. uNPCs (unique NPCs) like Lizette and Blanche aren't affected by this. That said, I don't play with other male NPCs of any sort so my info is naturally limed bc of that. Sorry, not sorry.
- Another, much more minor graphical error, is that, when getting serviced by players with headgear on, a double of that headgear kinda... just floats there in the air. Removing the headgear ahead of time gets rid of that issue though but still worth looking into.
- Dunno if the error of the partner you're banging vanishes either leaving only their eyes or a transparent head is still there since I haven't run into it yet but have in the last few versions so I'm not ruling it out yet either.

So, final verdict of build for now:
- New art assets and variants are nice.
- Major blowjob bug affecting rNPCs, likely bc of the new assets being added.
- same old minor graphical glitches still either persist, or just haven't shown up yet.

That's all so far.
Ok, thanks for letting me know! I'll look into these bugs and try to release a fix soon!

Also, I'm going to add a bunch more food, color, hobby options for preferences in the future, so fried chicken should become a thing eventually.

Reactions: Crevanille

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
As of Patron build v1.25.3b:
- I hadn't opened my character tab in awhile so I didn't spot it, but an error window appears when selecting my character in the character tab page. It doesn't seem to affect anyone else.

Here's the traceback:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
As of Patron build v1.25.3b:
- I hadn't opened my character tab in awhile so I didn't spot it, but an error window appears when selecting my character in the character tab page. It doesn't seem to affect anyone else.

Here's the traceback:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for letting me know! This should be an easy fix (basically a typo because my keyboard is annoyingly sensitive these days lol)

I'll get it fixed right away!

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
While I was playing, i was watching, rather listening, to some vids on the older Elder Scrolls games (specifically Daggerfall) and the old King's Field games. Now, neither of those games or series are like Evalia, but the thing all three had 2 things in common: an emphasis on freedom and a weird charm, respectively. I couldn't help but think about those games while playing this... Yeah, I know the inspirations for the game were totally different, but I still couldn't help but be reminded of those games for whatever reason. Personally, i'm happy the world you're creating isn't as despair fueled as From Soft's usual work, or as ugly as most Bethesda games, but the freedom and charm are definitely there.

I still can't wait for the day where I could randomly walk into an alley or something and see some beggars going at it, or relieving themselves because, why the hell not? I mean, it's pretty cool we can intervene with drug deals and attempted robberies/muggings either as ourself or alter ego.

Speaking of which, I can't wait to see other such events applied to other regions with similarly region themed flavor to them. Like, going into the merchant market and coming across an argument between a shopkeeper and potential buyer, some priests/priestesses having a theological debate with some foreigners or those of the more 'mainstream' faith like what Lizette mentioned, having a sparring match with the knights in the courtyard or seeing maids/butlers slack off in the place, seeing nobles and commoners arguing about... something, other nobles squabbling with each other over... noble related... stuff, wandering into the Red Light District (or anywhere really) and catching a free show of various levels of kinky to even catch an argument between prostitute and client and/or helping out a prostitute who might get assaulted by a disgruntled client (or vice versa), and all sorts of other random ass (and more general events that could happen anywhere ranging from the non lewd like many examples above to things as crazy as just acts of public indecency like stripping and fucking to relieving themselves by the locals to interactions with those from other countries commenting on the culture of the only country I know of that you can get away with public orgies so long as you are a functioning nymphomaniac.

Just some more suggestions for the future that aren't super lewd, well... not on their own, but I could EASILY make/see any of those turning lewd super quick too... or violent in some cases. Ah, it's super satisfying being a king/monarch who can enforce justice by beating the crap out of the offenders before tossing them in my sex dungeon... which I hope gets to see more use as a way to corrupt the shit out of ppl

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Oh, quick refresher plz.
Which implemented factions will react based on what decisions you've made?
So far, I've gotten the church and the nobility to pretty much worship me... and it helps that I started banging Lizette as soon as I humanly could.
Also, still no visual stat tracker for dexterity yet.

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
Oh, quick refresher plz.
Which implemented factions will react based on what decisions you've made?
So far, I've gotten the church and the nobility to pretty much worship me... and it helps that I started banging Lizette as soon as I humanly could.
Also, still no visual stat tracker for dexterity yet.

The way I planned it, there will be two groups of factions, internal ones related to the city and external ones like other kingdoms and minor factions living outside of Evalia. The first group will mostly react to thing you do in the city, i.e. court events, policies, interactions with citizens, etc. The second group will react to your external politics as well as what you do on the world while adventuring.

The city factions will be the Church, the nobility, the Red Light District Association, the Merchant's Guild, the criminals, the mages, and finally, the common folk. I might add some more as time goes on, but these are the ones that I have in mind for now. All of them will have reactions to what you do and a certain pull in the city.

And just to address the dex tracker, I'm going to add it in the next update, alongside the fix for the character tab error. Thank you for reminding me!

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
The way I planned it, there will be two groups of factions, internal ones related to the city and external ones like other kingdoms and minor factions living outside of Evalia. The first group will mostly react to thing you do in the city, i.e. court events, policies, interactions with citizens, etc. The second group will react to your external politics as well as what you do on the world while adventuring.

The city factions will be the Church, the nobility, the Red Light District Association, the Merchant's Guild, the criminals, the mages, and finally, the common folk. I might add some more as time goes on, but these are the ones that I have in mind for now. All of them will have reactions to what you do and a certain pull in the city.

And just to address the dex tracker, I'm going to add it in the next update, alongside the fix for the character tab error. Thank you for reminding me!
Okay, coo. So most of the 'internal' factions you mentioned have already been implemented then. No 'Criminal' faction yet but good to know. It's coo that you have them separated between 'internal' and 'external' faction groups since that'd be a great way to categorize things for simplicity's sake. Makes me curious on which countries you'll add and what they'll initially think of Evalia and its new monarch's rule.

I'm kinda worried about that since I've uh... executed quite a few foreign criminals already....

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
I still say that outfits should be done in batches since I can never vote on just one whenever a poll rolls around.... like a farmer + hunter set, or thief + beggar kinda thing.

Also, what inspirations do you have for your art?

Oct 6, 2023
I just wonder if, in the future, there will be the consequence that the player was very unpopular as a ruler, he/she will be overthrown by the internal rebellion or invasion from another nation, then be demoted as an imprisoned sex slave or something. Cuz I believe in the game there are some texts indicating that if you did not rule successfully, the people might not be satisfied and start rebellion.

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
I still say that outfits should be done in batches since I can never vote on just one whenever a poll rolls around.... like a farmer + hunter set, or thief + beggar kinda thing.

Also, what inspirations do you have for your art?
It would be nice, but given how the outfit will have to be drawn for multiple body types now, I'd rather keep to working on a single outfit per week.

As for the art, style-wise I like to follow different comic-book styles that I enjoy (and think I might be able to recreate with my limited skills). As for the outfits, I mostly look to anime fantasy designs, as some of them already have some lewd aspects to them that I can spice up even more for the game.

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
I just wonder if, in the future, there will be the consequence that the player was very unpopular as a ruler, he/she will be overthrown by the internal rebellion or invasion from another nation, then be demoted as an imprisoned sex slave or something. Cuz I believe in the game there are some texts indicating that if you did not rule successfully, the people might not be satisfied and start rebellion.
That's a long-term concept, but I did think of a mechanic like this.

Once all the core elements of the game are in place, I'd like to start adding content in a Free DLC kind of fashion, where the content will add significant changes to the gameplay, and if the player doesn't like them or doesn't want to play with them, they can just turn them off in the menu.

Rebellion and revolutions were one of the concepts that I'd want to add a this Free DLC sort of thing, so if it's gonna happen, it'll probably happen in a pretty distant future.

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
It would be nice, but given how the outfit will have to be drawn for multiple body types now, I'd rather keep to working on a single outfit per week.

As for the art, style-wise I like to follow different comic-book styles that I enjoy (and think I might be able to recreate with my limited skills). As for the outfits, I mostly look to anime fantasy designs, as some of them already have some lewd aspects to them that I can spice up even more for the game.
Oh, right. I forgot to take multiple body types into account. Damn. You're already basically doing multiple outfit batches now, huh.

Nice. What manga/comics for inspiration?

3.90 star(s) 19 Votes