Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
That's a long-term concept, but I did think of a mechanic like this.

Once all the core elements of the game are in place, I'd like to start adding content in a Free DLC kind of fashion, where the content will add significant changes to the gameplay, and if the player doesn't like them or doesn't want to play with them, they can just turn them off in the menu.

Rebellion and revolutions were one of the concepts that I'd want to add a this Free DLC sort of thing, so if it's gonna happen, it'll probably happen in a pretty distant future.
Thank (insert deity of choice) that I prefer to be a beloved, degenerate ruler, haha!

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
I just wonder if, in the future, there will be the consequence that the player was very unpopular as a ruler, he/she will be overthrown by the internal rebellion or invasion from another nation, then be demoted as an imprisoned sex slave or something. Cuz I believe in the game there are some texts indicating that if you did not rule successfully, the people might not be satisfied and start rebellion.
Yeah, if you check gossip when talking to ppl, they'll give you a general vibe on how the ppl feel about you.

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
That's a long-term concept, but I did think of a mechanic like this.

Once all the core elements of the game are in place, I'd like to start adding content in a Free DLC kind of fashion, where the content will add significant changes to the gameplay, and if the player doesn't like them or doesn't want to play with them, they can just turn them off in the menu.

Rebellion and revolutions were one of the concepts that I'd want to add a this Free DLC sort of thing, so if it's gonna happen, it'll probably happen in a pretty distant future.
What other sorts of add-ons were you thinking of adding in the future?

Reactions: Velvet Gene

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
What other sorts of add-ons were you thinking of adding in the future?
If I get to that point, I'll want to add the orc, goblin, and cat-people races as an add-ons, as well as revolutions, pirating and trading mechanics, and supernatural stuff.

These are the ones that I thought of that might add more to the game than regular updates with core gameplay elements. However, there might be more as I get deeper into the development process.

Also, to answer the question about comics and manga, the style is mostly based off DC comics and X-men cartoons. And the clothes is just a bunch of different titles from all over the place. Basically, just whatever catches my attention.

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
If I get to that point, I'll want to add the orc, goblin, and cat-people races as an add-ons, as well as revolutions, pirating and trading mechanics, and supernatural stuff.

These are the ones that I thought of that might add more to the game than regular updates with core gameplay elements. However, there might be more as I get deeper into the development process.

Also, to answer the question about comics and manga, the style is mostly based off DC comics and X-men cartoons. And the clothes is just a bunch of different titles from all over the place. Basically, just whatever catches my attention.
Ah, I see. Yeah, I can definitely see the western comics influences in the artwork in the linework and coloring, but with a nice splash of manga's simplicity and aesthetics. It's a weirdly charming blend. I used to like DC and western comics growing up but prefer more manga-esque aesthetics nowadays. This feels somewhere in the middle, though definitely more 'western' flavored without being overly so... if that makes sense. I like it though.

As for the planned add-ons? HELL YEAH NEKO GIRLS!!!!! i CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE DAY WE GET THAT!!!!!
The trading, piracy, and revolution mechanics would be nice add-ons once everything is laid down and kinks worked out for sure since well, it seems like you want to add a lot to the base game as is. They'll add some nice extra layers and replayability too... Orc pirates!!!!! And one of your in-game nations 'is' called the Orc Kingdoms, so that'd be sweet to see.
...You think we can get cute loli type dwarf girls? What about elves?

Welp, things to look forward to in the future. That said, I'm looking forward to progress in what we're sure to get in the base game. I want the perverse breeding and new laws to fiddle around with.... and turning all my retainers into hot girls!! Lol! The possibilities!
...Yeah, I just have a LOT of perverse fantasies I wanna make happen. I make no apologies for this.

cyborgtr7

Jan 31, 2020

Pls add bunny girls or bunnygirl costume. It is the best imo.

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
So, I never had this happen to me until now but when i entered the market... I had one of the merchants run up to me and practically beg me to help hide her from crowds of ppl! The personality really shined through! I actually really like that kinda randomness. I dunno, it just gives me something to note and talk about when it happens. I really hope we see more of those random little moments.

Also, some environments are missing yet, like the back alley and love hotel for when you take a character to do the nasty. For right now, it's just a black void for now. So far, so good though.

The only other bug Ive found as of this version, patreon build v1.25.5b, is a graphical error that had the character float in the air. It occurred after chasing them down in the slums.

Last edited:

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
So, patreon is doing their whole 'guideline changes' thing again so you might seriously want to think about migrating to another platform that'll let you make the game you wanna make and the fans wanna see.

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
So, I never had this happen to me until now but when i entered the market... I had one of the merchants run up to me and practically beg me to help hide her from crowds of ppl! The personality really shined through! I actually really like that kinda randomness. I dunno, it just gives me something to note and talk about when it happens. I really hope we see more of those random little moments.

Also, some environments are missing yet, like the back alley and love hotel for when you take a character to do the nasty. For right now, it's just a black void for now. So far, so good though.

The only other bug Ive found as of this version, patreon build v1.25.5b, is a graphical error that had the character float in the air. It occurred after chasing them down in the slums.
Okay, thanks for letting me know about the bug! I'm back from visting my family, so I should be able to get right back to fixing things before the next update.

As for the event, it happens when the character has a shy personality type. There's also a variant for a shy maid that I implemented into the game a while ago.

Reactions: Crevanille

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
So, patreon is doing their whole 'guideline changes' thing again so you might seriously want to think about migrating to another platform that'll let you make the game you wanna make and the fans wanna see.
Yeah, I might consider it soon. I might try Subscribestar like you suggested, but I think I would run it parallel to another platform, because it seems you can't put the fee below $5 and I really want to include $1 subscribtions for people who can't afford to do more, but want to support the project anyway.

I'll give it a shot, though. Try to look for a way to do it alongside Patreon for now maybe.

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah, I might consider it soon. I might try Subscribestar like you suggested, but I think I would run it parallel to another platform, because it seems you can't put the fee below $5 and I really want to include $1 subscribtions for people who can't afford to do more, but want to support the project anyway.

I'll give it a shot, though. Try to look for a way to do it alongside Patreon for now maybe.
But you can? I mean, I've seen plenty of projects on subscribestar that are as low as $1 to $2. I've even subscribed to some.
Also, yes. It'd prolly be a good idea to cast your net on other platforms too.
Ongoing projects like Corrupted Kingdoms, Milfairy Tales, SMT: Training the Demon, Monster Girl Hunt, Lucky Paradox, and Lewdtown Adventures all have subscriptions as low as $1 to $3 at their lowest tiers. Even double checked the pricing page on their website. Says you can set the price and for how many subs per tier same as Patreon.

Last edited:

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Okay, thanks for letting me know about the bug! I'm back from visting my family, so I should be able to get right back to fixing things before the next update.

As for the event, it happens when the character has a shy personality type. There's also a variant for a shy maid that I implemented into the game a while ago.
Ooh! I like events like that so I hope to see more for other personality types!
Oh, and I hope your visit went well, or at least was pleasant!

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
But you can? I mean, I've seen plenty of projects on subscribestar that are as low as $1 to $2. I've even subscribed to some.
Also, yes. It'd prolly be a good idea to cast your net on other platforms too.
Ongoing projects like Corrupted Kingdoms, Milfairy Tales, SMT: Training the Demon, Monster Girl Hunt, Lucky Paradox, and Lewdtown Adventures all have subscriptions as low as $1 to $3 at their lowest tiers. Even double checked the pricing page on their website. Says you can set the price and for how many subs per tier same as Patreon.
Oh, okay! Good to know! I only toyed with it a little bit, so I didn't realize I can drop the price down more.

In that case, I'll try doing someeething on there soon. Thank you for suggesting!

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Oh, okay! Good to know! I only toyed with it a little bit, so I didn't realize I can drop the price down more.

In that case, I'll try doing someeething on there soon. Thank you for suggesting!
Yup, np!
I'm a huge fan of your work and it's super inspiring so hey. Plus, it's giving me ideas for the types of games I'd like to make.
Admittedly, I'm working with a much 'simper' engine with no experience with more focused/linear narratives but my goal is something more akin to SMT, but with a dash of Harem Collector for my main project. One day, I'd like to make a more 'sandbox-y game too but I dunno, I just have stories I wanna tell. I... er, just need to buy up a lot of stuff to help me get there so yeah.. slow process.

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
Yup, np!
I'm a huge fan of your work and it's super inspiring so hey. Plus, it's giving me ideas for the types of games I'd like to make.
Admittedly, I'm working with a much 'simper' engine with no experience with more focused/linear narratives but my goal is something more akin to SMT, but with a dash of Harem Collector for my main project. One day, I'd like to make a more 'sandbox-y game too but I dunno, I just have stories I wanna tell. I... er, just need to buy up a lot of stuff to help me get there so yeah.. slow process.
Nice! That's awesome that you have your own project!
I've started Evalia with just a little bit of experience with Python, so I think you can do quite a bit even without much experience. You learn a lot by experimenting and reading up on things.

Anyway, I'm always happy whenever people get creative and motivated to make something, so I wish you the best of luck with your game! It sounds fun!

3.90 star(s) 19 Votes