abso har

Sep 22, 2021
Bug report: Befriending a prisoner softlocks them in the palace prison. No way to set them free.

Also, the previous bug of days not advancing still occurs sometimes.

Reactions: Velvet Gene

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
Bug report: Befriending a prisoner softlocks them in the palace prison. No way to set them free.

Also, the previous bug of days not advancing still occurs sometimes.
Okay, thank you for letting me know!

You technically shouldn't be able to befriend a prisoner, so that's why the relationship softlocks them. This actually isn't the first time when something like this has happened, which is why you if you use the "Update the game" button in the customization menu in the PC's bedroom, you should be able to revert the relationship status and override the softlock.
When I patch the game, this kind of thing shouldn't happen again, though.

As for the days not advancing, are you able to make them advance after a while, or is the week stuck on one day permanently?The answer could help me identify what the problem is specfically.

Reactions: Crevanille

straboavso1

Dec 1, 2019
Just come across the following error when I accepted Blanche's question about her becoming my girlfriend:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also quick question, is the new body type present for NPCs in the public update? I'm assuming not seeing as I haven't come across any so far.

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
Just come across the following error when I accepted Blanche's question about her becoming my girlfriend:

Also quick question, is the new body type present for NPCs in the public update? I'm assuming not seeing as I haven't come across any so far.
Thank you for the notice! And no, currently the new body types are unavailable in the public version. I want to add at least a few sex animations and outfits before I release it, so that it's already functional for y'all.

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022

Also, I just uploaded a new version of the game with a fix for your issue. (The correct file is 1.24.06 btw)

Last edited:

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
I haven't made an official Android port yet or experimented with Joiplay. Some people have apparently made it work on Joiplay, some haven't. I'm afraid I can't really help with that, but maybe someone else could.
Personally, and as much as this might tick some ppl off, but I think focusing on the platforms that you know you can safely and stably release on trumps trying to make everyone happy. Options are nice, and I love options, but feasibility to get the most out of what you can kinda matter more. If nothing else, you can always go back to looking into more reliable android options later.

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
Personally, and as much as this might tick some ppl off, but I think focusing on the platforms that you know you can safely and stably release on trumps trying to make everyone happy. Options are nice, and I love options, but feasibility to get the most out of what you can kinda matter more. If nothing else, you can always go back to looking into more reliable android options later.
I do want to make an Android port eventually, but I'd prefer to do it once the game has more content and becomes more stable and bug-free.

This said, if someone wants to make an unofficial port or finds a way to make the game work on Joiplay, I fully endorse it.

Reactions: Crevanille

Studio 781

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
I know, which is why I am going to try to make the update buttom spawn new model on older save files. I just haven't implemented that into the game yet.
This is what I did.

There is a label call "after_load" which gets call each time a player loads the game, can be placed anywhere, just keep it in a place where you can find it easy for future releases. This label can be use to update every variable at once, what I do is use the old variable as a reference point:

Code:
label after_load:

if old_var_1 >= 1:        #You only need to check one old variable to change all the old ones.
        if old_var_1 == 1:                      #Old variables adding the old value to new variables.
            $ new_var_1 = 1                        #
        if old_var_2 == 2:                        #
            $ new_var_2 = 2                        #
        $ old_var_1 = 0                         #Changing "old_var_1" to a value that wouldn't trigger this check again.
        $ renpy.block_rollback()                #Prevents player from rolling back and undone the update.

return                                        #Return players to the save point.
This is the structure at its basis, you can add every change in this code and this will update everything automatic for the players. Just be careful on not using current version variables for the initial check or new players will experience bugs.

I really like non-linear games, this one is really good just rough in some edges, nothing that can't be fixed, wish you good luck~

Last edited:

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
This is what I did.

There is a label call "after_load" which gets call each time a player loads the game, can be placed anywhere, just keep it in a place where you can find it easy for future releases. This label can be use to update every variable at once, what I do is use the old variable as a reference point:

Code:
after_load:

if old_var_1 == 1 or old_var_1 == 2:        #You only need to check one old variable to change all the old ones.
        if old_var_1 == 1:                      #Old variables adding the old value to new variables.
            $ new_var_1 = 1                        #
        if old_var_2 == 2:                        #
            $ new_var_2 = 2                        #
        $ old_var_1 = 0                         #Changing "old_var_1" to a value that wouldn't trigger this check again.
        $ renpy.block_rollback()                #Prevents player from rolling back and undone the update.

return                                        #Return players to the save point.
This is the structure at its basis, you can add every change in this code and this will update everything automatic for the players. Just be careful on not using current version variables for the initial check or new players will experience bugs.

I really like non-linear games, this one is really good just rough in some edges, nothing that can't be fixed, wish you good luck~
Thanks for the tip! I was actually looking for a function like this before and couldn't find anything, so this is really helpful!
I'll be sure to use it in a future update!

Reactions: Studio 781

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Okay. it's crazy how much a small thing like an updated UI and easier to read text can make so much of a difference. And yeah, I like the new book aesthetic. It's a good fit for a fantasy RPG.
Can't wait for the petite maids though.

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Just got finished checking out the latest (patreon) build, v1.24.8a.
Overall, I like the new changes to the UI and the implementation of features like the inventory system.
Overall, everything is nice and clean but could still use a tad bit of polishing. Namely, the name colors clash very heavily with the equally light backgrounds. It's REALLY hard to see who you're talking to. Minor, so not a huge issue atm though.

As for the things being added? Mostly aesthetic and bug fix related so not really worth commenting on there.

What IS worth commenting on though, is some movement on the story. It's very minor, but ngl, I got VERY intrigued on just what the last king was working on and the various ways this could shape things going forward. You can see this in how you interact with various characters in relation to that questline, especially Blanche who would obviously have a lot of personal stake in whatever it is the late monarch was working on. It wasn't much, but damn did it do a good job of making me really want to see what was going to happen next.

The other thing to take note of, on the gameplay side, is the nifty little feature of having NPCs follow you around now. Oh, the possibilities! Getting an audience, setting up 3somes, just not feeling alone, maybe implementation into quests... all sorts of stuff.

At the moment, with how bite sized the updates tend to be on top of their frequency, the community engagement for things like polls is CRITICALLY important. At least until the game's features and foundations have been set and polished to the point where the main focus switches to mostly event content. By that point, I figure updates will have wider gaps between releases out of necessity. Until then, and even after, voting counts.

....I want my petite maids dammit! But, alas, I KEEP GETTING OUTVOTED!!!!!! So yeah, this is me shamelessly telling ppl to support the game and vote for content simply bc I wanna see more maids!

Oh, for the dev specifically. Have you thought about adding in game lore to read? Like in the form of books/letters/scrolls? The quality of the letter made me want more of that, along with actually having a library. Not a high priority, but something to consider. That, and kinks to explore more on the taboo side... though I've made that clear as a higher priorty for me personally....

Either way, keep up the good work

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Currently playing (patreon) build v1.24.8b.
So, for the most part, the game is coming along pretty nicely but, while I was tinkering around with the 'follower' system using Lizette as a test, I noticed that it was kind of buggy. I made an earlier save so I didn't lose any progress.
Anyway, while I was talking to her, she kinda... randomly disappeared but didn't return to the Grand Cathedral... which was kind of concerning.
Another bug I noticed happened after loading my game and dismissing her, which was fine. The bug came when I clicked on the 'follower' tab and noticed the options reflected that she was still there even though she left. Clicking on anything gives you an grey error screen with the rollback, ignore, and all those other options.
Again, nothin hugely game breaking if you made an earlier save before doing anything but still worth looking into for the next update.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all the hard work! Love the new BJ animations.

3.80 star(s) 22 Votes