Ren'Py Everything Changes! [v2.5] [Arufuredo]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

LittleFrogpt

Jul 23, 2023
Thank you for taking away my support! The game goes free every month (the latest version after two months, but in rotation every month comes out a free), I do this especially for people who can’t afford it financially, I don’t do it to earn money, but what little I took of the game I used to renew the technology that I use and leave a small incentive that in addition to helping me live better gave me the incentive to work on the game. Remember that because of people like you, who can not wait, that some games die. Enjoy the game and while you play remember that you took away about 250 euros of support to a person who works all month on this game
I understand your point, but this: "Remember that because of people like you, who can not wait, that some games die" is not true at all, I follow several visual games here to know that games don't get abandoned just because people share them for free here. I would argue that they get more attention since I find out about cool gay games here and not on itch, and if people choose to support the creator they can do so. That's how piracy works.
In this case, the individual who shared the newest update likely is subscribed to your patreon, but most of times for other visual novels people have to wait several weeks or days to get it in a public domain called kemono. You probably are aware of it since there's no way to download your updates through there, but it wouldn't be much of a difference since updates can be very slow to appear there after the day they are released on patreon, so it still is an incentive for people to subscribe to you to get them day 1, if people enjoy your visual novel.
Just look at the Freshmen Physical Education game, his supporters still grow and yet he doesn't find ways for people not to be able to get his updates somewhere else, unlike what you're doing.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Davvad
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes