BattleHeart

Mar 11, 2020
I'm having problems starting the family event, can anyone post what are the requirements before I start it? I'm using the cheat function and console commands, if that helps.

M$hot

May 28, 2017
Warscared

The factory earnings overhaul hasn't been released yet. It is coming in the next release.

These are all great suggestions for the next developer for Evil 2. As I've stated earlier, this is my exit project for Evil 2. I want to go out with a bang and so this update will be big. The next release will be approximately 4 GB. That is bigger than a lot of games. The game will continue to draw a lot of criticism until the file size is brought under control. I liked skybarbie's falling skyscrapper analogy. Perhaps skybarbie or other developers will add to the game but until a full video and picture overhaul is done, I would rather move on to other things... In order to do it properly, it would easily take two months just to do the overhaul.
Sad to see you go after all the great things you've done for this game, but I get it. I'm not entirely sure what you mean with a full video and picture overhaul, but at that point you could argue you are like 40% on the way to a new game with all that effort. Are you planning on developing something else? Either way, I look forward to your magnum opus. It may not be a feel good story, but it involves Leah Gotti who is my #2 favorite adult star of all time, so I am still all the way in.

That last remark wasn't intended to rush you, I will wait however long I have to, just saying I can take heartache for more of her ;)

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
Sad to see you go after all the great things you've done for this game, but I get it. I'm not entirely sure what you mean with a full video and picture overhaul, but at that point you could argue you are like 40% on the way to a new game with all that effort. Are you planning on developing something else? Either way, I look forward to your magnum opus. It may not be a feel good story, but it involves Leah Gotti who is my #2 favorite adult star of all time, so I am still all the way in.

That last remark wasn't intended to rush you, I will wait however long I have to, just saying I can take heartache for more of her ;)
This is what needs to happen with the video and picture overhaul:
  • Remove pictures and videos that aren't being used in-game
  • Remove all the legacy GIF type videos (they are usually poor quality and only a few seconds in length)
  • Remove the worst 15% of the videos and pictures for the generic sex system in each category
  • Edit all video clips and reduce their length to 5 to 10 seconds
  • Optimize all videos and pictures to reduce their file size (mostly lossless)
This is long, painful, and boring work. It would be so mind numbing that it could drive someone insane. The optimization part of it could be batch scripted but the rest would have to be done manually.

I've actually considered taking all the stories in Evil 2 and turning it into a kinetic visual novel, removing all the gameplay. I highly doubt I will do this so please don't get your hopes up or beg me to do it. The thought just crossed my mind at one point.

As far as developing something else, I don't know yet... Every time I've developed for this game it has occupied at least 90% of my free time. I do have a life outside of work and developing for this game. Other areas of my life have been neglected so I'll most likely focus on other things for a while...

Thank you for your praise and support! There will be fun and sexy times with Leah as well as some problems/conflict.

Last edited:

M$hot

May 28, 2017
noobtrain Have to admit, that does sound bloody painful. I've played a lot but I can't imagine I'd be able to know what to remove or leave without rooting around in the code. Step 2 sounds the least painful, assuming they are actually gif files. Step 3 is such a value judgement I imagine it would take weeks. Step 4 though.. Having to recut all the vids? Also, each video would lose something else if the recut isn't done right so you can't even cut each clip the same way.. Step 4 is where madness happens.
Step 5 is the easy part, though getting there would be a hellish task I can't imagine anybody wanting to undertake.

No pressure because you've obviously got a lot on your plate and mind, and I respect that. Would be interested in your KN IF you ever made 1. And for something else, that's exactly why I thought about something else, you gotta be passionate for the amount of time it takes. Can't say I disagree with your choice to refocus for a bit. I just hope you leave with your head held high when the time comes to drop the mic.

persnik

Jun 22, 2017
I like the game, I just wish I did not have to restart the thing so often Technically it doesn't fully crash; I simply lose all of the pictures including the menu and everything. All still works otherwise and saves made while in this state work fine as well after a full restart from scratch (restart button is not sufficient). Is this a known issue with a fixable cause?

darkpoenplace

Aug 7, 2021
I like the game, I just wish I did not have to restart the thing so often Technically it doesn't fully crash; I simply lose all of the pictures including the menu and everything. All still works otherwise and saves made while in this state work fine as well after a full restart from scratch (restart button is not sufficient). Is this a known issue with a fixable cause?
It is a known issue that is inherent to the player itself, not the game, and is therefor unfortunately unfixable.

The only solution, as you have stated, is when the issue does manifest itself to save your progress and close the player before restarting it and reloading your save.

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
save your progress and close the player
The only time I did that, the problem persisted in the save file. I don't remember, but I think I even re-booted the computer. And that still didn't help with re-loading the save file. YMMV.

Long sessions of Girl Life will almost always cause this, and with some other games it has never happened???

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
The only time I did that, the problem persisted in the save file. I don't remember, but I think I even re-booted the computer. And that still didn't help with re-loading the save file. YMMV.

Long sessions of Girl Life will almost always cause this, and with some other games it has never happened???
I don't see how this is possible so please post the affected save game and I'll take a look. My guess is that it is some sort of caching issue on your PC which a reboot should solve.

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
Is there a way to check the friendship with the chief of police?
I have enough slaves and whores, but I can't get the "Farm College Hazing" to trigger.

darkpoenplace

Aug 7, 2021
Is there a way to check the friendship with the chief of police?
I have enough slaves and whores, but I can't get the "Farm College Hazing" to trigger.
Yeah.

1. Click on the clock in the 'objects' window (right side).
2. In the 'Additional desc' window (lower right) click on 'Enable Cheats' (don't worry, enabling cheat isn't the same as using cheats.)
3. Click on 'Appearance' (your MC face icon) in the 'objects' window.
4. Go back down to the 'Additional desc' window (you should see a detailed description of your MC)
5. Scroll down as far as it will go. The 2nd line of the last bulk of info (begins with 'Muscle') ends with 'Cop Friend' followed by a number. That number is your reputation with Mace aka Chief of police Colonel Rogozov. It maxes at 100 and should always be as high as possible, 90+ is a safe bet for everything to trigger.
6. If you want the cheats back off, simply click on the clock again and then click on 'Disable Cheats' in the 'Additional desc' window.

If it still doesn't trigger for you, I have posted Farm College Hazing that explains what triggers the event in more detail as well as the stranded motorist event that follows.

Hope this helps.

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
I don't see how this is possible so please post the affected save game and I'll take a look. My guess is that it is some sort of caching issue on your PC which a reboot should solve.
It's been years ago, and re-taught me the old lesson "save often". I haven't seen it happen for a while, but if it does, I just restart and reload. Be well noobtrain!

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
Yeah.

1. Click on the clock in the 'objects' window (right side).
2. In the 'Additional desc' window (lower right) click on 'Enable Cheats' (don't worry, enabling cheat isn't the same as using cheats.)
3. Click on 'Appearance' (your MC face icon) in the 'objects' window.
4. Go back down to the 'Additional desc' window (you should see a detailed description of your MC)
5. Scroll down as far as it will go. The 2nd line of the last bulk of info (begins with 'Muscle') ends with 'Cop Friend' followed by a number. That number is your reputation with Mace aka Chief of police Colonel Rogozov. It maxes at 100 and should always be as high as possible, 90+ is a safe bet for everything to trigger.
6. If you want the cheats back off, simply click on the clock again and then click on 'Disable Cheats' in the 'Additional desc' window.

If it still doesn't trigger for you, I have posted Farm College Hazing that explains what triggers the event in more detail as well as the stranded motorist event that follows.

Hope this helps.
Wew, took a lot of grinding the guy but it finally worked, thank you

Reactions: darkpoenplace

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
Update

95% of the story has been written. I only have the ending left to develop. darkpoenplace has been working tirelessly proofreading and testing Part 3 of the 'Pool Girl' story. He also added a bit of writing of his own.

I promised a release date in two weeks so here it is, March 8.

I believe it will end up being 4 - 6 hours of playtime.

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
Update

We are 8 days away from release day on March 8. I'm finishing up the ending and then I'll be fine tuning it and doing several playthroughs. I am very excited to get this out to the players! I'm hoping that players will find it entertaining and immersive.

There will be some dark parts but plenty of "feel good" moments also. The player is being torn between two worlds, the life of a crime and drug lord and the life of a good guy who loves his friends, love interests, and family. The two worlds sometimes collide. The story is laid out in Visual Novel style with only a few choices. Creating branching storylines is possible in QSP but it would require months more development time.

I packed in as much story as possible in roughly two months of time. The story is, by far, the longest story in the game. Just Part 3 of the 'Pool Girl' story offers 4 - 6 hours of gameplay. Four hours would be a speed run without closely reading all the dialog. I highly recommend that players take their time with the story and let each event sink into their minds. I also suggest not trying to finish Part 3 all in one sitting and instead play an hour or two of it at a time. I believe doing this will give players the best overall experience!

Some virtual time passes during the story and the player is usually told when this happens. This is to prevent long periods of manually skipping days/time. Currently, the player should never have to manually skip more than three days at a time to trigger a new event. The vast majority of time, it is usually only one to two days. Getting to the next stage in the story is mostly self-explanatory, however if you end up getting stuck, try being at your mansion at different times of the day, especially during the mornings and evenings. If you use cheats to manually increase the time, keep in mind that the events won't refresh unless you also click on the 'Refresh Location' cheat in the cheat menu.

I've been a very busy bee and hope that you'll enjoy my work once release day hits! darkpoenplace has been extremely helpful in testing and proofreading Part 3 of the 'Pool Girl' story. He even wrote two of the sex events in the story. He has donated at least 60+ hours to this project. Thank him if you get the chance... See you on release day! :D

Xev21536

Jul 3, 2022
Hi, I'm sorry, but I can't get the "Farm College Hazing" to trigger me to... But I think all is good for the evenment... Can you check ? Thank you ;)
Again thanks for the game

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
Hi, I'm sorry, but I can't get the "Farm College Hazing" to trigger me to... But I think all is good for the evenment... Can you check ? Thank you ;)
Again thanks for the game
You need two more whores and a shotgun. Then talk with the chief of police at the strip club. You're welcome!

Reactions: Xev21536
3.90 star(s) 27 Votes