3.60 star(s) 36 Votes

Blackj

May 21, 2018
the regular VN mode is sooooo much better...no having to manually jump around everywhere trying to find triggers or look for a walkthrough,which usually makes me lose interest or forget the story..(y)(y)
The only drawback is that the VN does not bring the scenes that you would see when touring the rooms.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Exchange Student v0.4.1.a.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Liked the VN version very much as it is a quite good story and is spoilt by the sandbox mode which personally I never enjoy and always try to avoid. This VN shows exactly why this mode is vastly superior. There is a flow in the story which is greatly lacking in the sandbox.
Future updates will include the VN?

Reactions: FAP369ZONE

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Liked the VN version very much as it is a quite good story and is spoilt by the sandbox mode which personally I never enjoy and always try to avoid. This VN shows exactly why this mode is vastly superior. There is a flow in the story which is greatly lacking in the sandbox.
Future updates will include the VN?
Yep, same for me...moment I see sandbox, I think waste of time grind fest, or hunt and peck for 10 minutes hoping to trigger the next part of the story. Maybe sandbox is easier to code? I really don't understand why any dev would think sandbox is going to be a bigger net to bring in subscribers...to me it's equivalent of smashing a hammer to both kneecaps before running a marathon.

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Yep, same for me...moment I see sandbox, I think waste of time grind fest, or hunt and peck for 10 minutes hoping to trigger the next part of the story. Maybe sandbox is easier to code? I really don't understand why any dev would think sandbox is going to be a bigger net to bring in subscribers...to me it's equivalent of smashing a hammer to both kneecaps before running a marathon.
For me a sandbox is when a dev runs out of story. There is for me no purpose in clicking and grinding. All the best games here are VN's with options and paths. You must have story.

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Any chance we could get a list of which repeatable events have been altered, and which 3 have addirional scenes from repeating them?

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
I think Lily is FRIGID (or hates me)
Yeah, I was stuck there for a while as well. You have to move the story along with her sister before you can invite her to that movie. Not sure why it doesn't tell you, but that's what I had to do.

Sep 27, 2019
THE BELOW ERROR OCCURRED.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/myscreens.rpy", line 20, in execute
File "game/myscreens.rpy", line 21, in execute
File "game/myscreens.rpy", line 22, in execute
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "room1.rpyc", line 215, in script
File "E:\CD ARQUIVOS MARCOS\DIVERSOS\MARCOS\Especial\Glory\ExchangStudente\ExchangeStudent-0.4.1.a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1628, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "E:\CD ARQUIVOS MARCOS\DIVERSOS\MARCOS\Especial\Glory\ExchangStudente\ExchangeStudent-0.4.1.a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 990, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
File "E:\CD ARQUIVOS MARCOS\DIVERSOS\MARCOS\Especial\Glory\ExchangStudente\ExchangeStudent-0.4.1.a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1226, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "E:\CD ARQUIVOS MARCOS\DIVERSOS\MARCOS\Especial\Glory\ExchangStudente\ExchangeStudent-0.4.1.a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\CD ARQUIVOS MARCOS\DIVERSOS\MARCOS\Especial\Glory\ExchangStudente\ExchangeStudent-0.4.1.a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\CD ARQUIVOS MARCOS\DIVERSOS\MARCOS\Especial\Glory\ExchangStudente\ExchangeStudent-0.4.1.a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "E:\CD ARQUIVOS MARCOS\DIVERSOS\MARCOS\Especial\Glory\ExchangStudente\ExchangeStudent-0.4.1.a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "E:\CD ARQUIVOS MARCOS\DIVERSOS\MARCOS\Especial\Glory\ExchangStudente\ExchangeStudent-0.4.1.a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "E:\CD ARQUIVOS MARCOS\DIVERSOS\MARCOS\Especial\Glory\ExchangStudente\ExchangeStudent-0.4.1.a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "E:\CD ARQUIVOS MARCOS\DIVERSOS\MARCOS\Especial\Glory\ExchangStudente\ExchangeStudent-0.4.1.a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "E:\CD ARQUIVOS MARCOS\DIVERSOS\MARCOS\Especial\Glory\ExchangStudente\ExchangeStudent-0.4.1.a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "E:\CD ARQUIVOS MARCOS\DIVERSOS\MARCOS\Especial\Glory\ExchangStudente\ExchangeStudent-0.4.1.a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/myscreens.rpy", line 21, in execute
File "game/myscreens.rpy", line 22, in execute
File "E:\CD ARQUIVOS MARCOS\DIVERSOS\MARCOS\Especial\Glory\ExchangStudente\ExchangeStudent-0.4.1.a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 946, in _imagebutton
idle = choice(idle, idle_image, "idle", required=True)
File "E:\CD ARQUIVOS MARCOS\DIVERSOS\MARCOS\Especial\Glory\ExchangStudente\ExchangeStudent-0.4.1.a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 942, in choice
raise Exception("Imagebutton does not have a %s image." % (name, ))
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Exchange Student 0.4.1.a
Tue Jun 09 17:00:20 2020

Reactions: Daddy59

RedPyrate

Oct 11, 2017
I really like the Game, I think the girls are Great. Daughter is one of my favorite models in all these games. Mom extremely attractive as well. Story is a little bit linear, but this is not Shakespeare, just very entertaining. Many Thanks to the Dev for his efforts, it is a very enjoyable work.
R3D

3.60 star(s) 36 Votes