4.60 star(s) 91 Votes

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I am in the same situation. Torn between both of them on my main playthrough and pending a little to Tahir's side. Not going to lie, would love if it were possible to make this poly Ashur-Astrid-Tahir relationship work somehow. :love:

Kadijah is on my second playthrough. Being shifty is part of her alure as a seductress.

ZIlv is too much of a bro to see him as something else for me.

And we barely know Aislin so i have no opinion formed about her.
Well, assuming Tim hasn't changed plans since posting that, Tahir will love Ashur no matter what so that allows for someone to be a PLI over him without ruining the relationship (I feel like a real heel for being that calculating but, irl, I'm pan/poly so it is what it is)

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
So far the only romances i truely care for is Astrid and Tahir, those 2 are the most loyal and loving.
Yeah, same boat for me.

It's what makes choosing between Tahir and Astrid a difficult proposition. It kind of feels like both of them sort of need you in a way that goes beyond just the sexual (especially when you're on the sub/love path with Astrid, and if we're going to be involved in her soul-searching over her body issues), and cutting either of them off once you've started will hurt them badly. Which is why the threesome option feels so appealing... even if it's just each of them loving you while you love them both back, rather than a full equal threesome (doubly so since I wouldn't feel comfortable forcing Tahir and Astrid to play with each other if either of them aren't really into it).

Everything else just sort of feels like casual sex and flings. Kadi's playing games I'm not overly interested in being part of, and other than the sadly put-upon First Mate (who seems like she just needs a hug) I don't think we've met anyone else I would take all that seriously for a long-term relationship (Abel might have had a chance, if he was on the ship with us and we were getting to know him better, but alas). And I'd probably shut all of those extra-curriculars down pretty quick if either Tahir or Astrid asked. But I don't really want to have to choose of them over the other.

Zilv is a good pal and a bit daft since he hears voices
Pot, meet kettle?

Well, assuming Tim hasn't changed plans since posting that, Tahir will love Ashur no matter what so that allows for someone to be a PLI over him without ruining the relationship (I feel like a real heel for being that calculating but, irl, I'm pan/poly so it is what it is)
Yeah, but there was another post at one point which was along the lines of "Tahir will go along with it at first, but because monogamy is his default preference, he'll start to turn against it eventually."

So it feels like it'll be an issue where Tahir will sort of start out with a "I just want my beloved to be happy" mentality, but as the love grows stronger it's going to turn into a bit of a jealously/pride issue where he's going to start complaining about all the attention you're giving to other people, and maybe start demanding that you stop doing it and just commit. And I can easily see Astrid developing a similar "I love you so much I want you all to myself" sort of vibe as things get more serious.

Plus, the new potential LIs complicate things more, as does the potential for Kadi and/or Zilv to develop more complexity as time goes on and you get to know them better.

Basically, I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop. And I'm worried it'll wind up being a Witcher 3 scenario (where Triss and Yen basically agree to both dump you if you try for both) rather than a Mass Effect one (where Ash/Kaiden and Liara make you choose, but the one you choose is happy to stay with you afterward).

Zilv is too much of a bro to see him as something else for me.
Yeah, I'm already like "We are going to be Platonic Life-Partner Bros for sure" there.

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Yeah, same boat for me.

It's what makes choosing between Tahir and Astrid a difficult proposition. It kind of feels like both of them sort of need you in a way that goes beyond just the sexual (especially when you're on the sub/love path with Astrid, and if we're going to be involved in her soul-searching over her body issues), and cutting either of them off once you've started will hurt them badly. Which is why the threesome option feels so appealing... even if it's just each of them loving you while you love them both back, rather than a full equal threesome (doubly so since I wouldn't feel comfortable forcing Tahir and Astrid to play with each other if either of them aren't really into it).

Everything else just sort of feels like casual sex and flings. Kadi's playing games I'm not overly interested in being part of, and other than the sadly put-upon First Mate (who seems like she just needs a hug) I don't think we've met anyone else I would take all that seriously for a long-term relationship (Abel might have had a chance, if he was on the ship with us and we were getting to know him better, but alas). And I'd probably shut all of those extra-curriculars down pretty quick if either Tahir or Astrid asked. But I don't really want to have to choose of them over the other.

Pot, meet kettle?

Yeah, but there was another post at one point which was along the lines of "Tahir will go along with it at first, but because monogamy is his default preference, he'll start to turn against it eventually."

So it feels like it'll be an issue where Tahir will sort of start out with a "I just want my beloved to be happy" mentality, but as the love grows stronger it's going to turn into a bit of a jealously/pride issue where he's going to start complaining about all the attention you're giving to other people, and maybe start demanding that you stop doing it and just commit. And I can easily see Astrid developing a similar "I love you so much I want you all to myself" sort of vibe as things get more serious.

Plus, the new potential LIs complicate things more, as does the potential for Kadi and/or Zilv to develop more complexity as time goes on and you get to know them better.

Basically, I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop. And I'm worried it'll wind up being a Witcher 3 scenario (where Triss and Yen basically agree to both dump you if you try for both) rather than a Mass Effect one (where Ash/Kaiden and Liara make you choose, but the one you choose is happy to stay with you afterward).

Yeah, I'm already like "We are going to be Platonic Life-Partner Bros for sure" there.
Thank you for so eloquently putting all my own scambled feelings into words. Excellent analysis of the situation.

RedNoise

Apr 24, 2017
And this is why I have way too many saves.
While I'd like to slut my way through the game I can't bring myself to hurt my boy Tahir, so I play his route in my main save.
I can be a slut later and see all the horrible consequences of my actions with a little less guilt in some other saves.
the guilt is still there though

Deleted member 1565614

Aug 4, 2019
And this is why I have way too many saves.
While I'd like to slut my way through the game I can't bring myself to hurt my boy Tahir, so I play his route in my main save.
I can be a slut later and see all the horrible consequences of my actions with a little less guilt in some other saves.
the guilt is still there though
Same. That boi puts a lot of faith into MC, and I just don't want to let him down.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I hate you @timepants ! because of your game i'm starting to be attracted to femboys/traps..
At this point I think his master plan is converting people to the femboi/trap cult with how cute Tahir is or to make them fans of futa characters with Astrid, or both. Going by how many people are posting saying it's not normally their thing but after trying the game they changed their mind.

zerze

May 27, 2017
At this point I think his master plan is converting people to the femboi/trap cult with how cute Tahir is or to make them fans of futa characters with Astrid, or both. Going by how many people are posting saying it's not normally their thing but after trying the game they changed their mind.
There's no other explanation.
Tp is a dangerous evil genius that's all..

RedNoise

Apr 24, 2017
While Tahir is admittedly a close second, Astrid is clearly the best of the bunch.
And that, I'll fight you on.
I would normally say that every LI is hot so there's no wrong choice, but it seems like Tahir ascended to godhood, and if I'm forced to pick a side I'll go with him.
You might want to gather more people before you try to 1v1 a cult... or maybe not, go forth and die a warrior, Astrid might appreciate that.

4.60 star(s) 91 Votes