4.60 star(s) 91 Votes

Deadshot1984

Mar 20, 2020
As a result of this experience of more than a year of waiting, it is advisable to release more frequent updates, but smaller ones. I think of the patrons who pay month after month, so that they feel that the contribution is worth it. And by the way would encourage to increase the number of subscribers.

The teasers here would also help increase the interest to subscribe to patreon.

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
As a result of this experience of more than a year of waiting, it is advisable to release more frequent updates, but smaller ones. I think of the patrons who pay month after month, so that they feel that the contribution is worth it. And by the way would encourage to increase the number of subscribers.

The teasers here would also help increase the interest to subscribe to patreon.
That would allow for unfair comparisons to emerge. If you dissect his yearly updates you will see they pack 4 to 5 months worth of story compared to updates made by different developers.

So when your monthly updates contains a few minutes worth of content it would really seem like a waste then. Because nobody cares if it's made by one person in his free time or a dedicated studio.
I want to find a balance between the two after this update. On the one hand, I like doing big meaty updates that don't seem like a frivolous couple hundred renders without any story progression. On the other hand, continuing the way I do will likely kill me from stress lol. So I want to find a happy medium. I have some plans on how to do it and I've just been juggling a lot since I also plan on getting this up to snuff for a steam release, revamp of some of the early chapter stuff, just overall making it prettier and making some animations once I truly feel I've go the hang of it. As for the teasers? Hehehe. The month isn't over yet...

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
I want to find a balance between the two after this update. On the one hand, I like doing big meaty updates that don't seem like a frivolous couple hundred renders without any story progression. On the other hand, continuing the way I do will likely kill me from stress lol. So I want to find a happy medium. I have some plans on how to do it and I've just been juggling a lot since I also plan on getting this up to snuff for a steam release, revamp of some of the early chapter stuff, just overall making it prettier and making some animations once I truly feel I've go the hang of it. As for the teasers? Hehehe. The month isn't over yet...
Maybe twice a year or 3x a year? Would that allow you to get content out and still feel like they are meaty?

labmouseblues

Dec 22, 2020
Mind you, for narrative driven projects, it's not just a case of cutting the content in half and serving it twice. When you're writing a story, you have to make sure it actually flows correctly, has a lead up, rising actions, climax and resolution. There's some stuff that just works better in bigger chunks, and there's stuff that you simply cannot do in an episodic format. And then there's the branching paths headache...

If all you want is a quick fap, often is better than seldom. But if you're following the game because if offers something most other projects don't, things get tricky.

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Ideally I'll be able to do a 3 month schedule with 4 releases a year. Maybe more if I get to a point where I can hire some people to take care of other parts of the project. Obviously if I can somehow make enough from this to shift it to my primary income, I can concentrate on it alone. That's probably quite a ways off though.

Reactions: Crusado

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Realistically, a new quarterly update cycle probably wouldn't result in a significant increase in patrons since the project is already too old for that. Those who liked the game but couldn't live with the update cycle so far have probably moved on for good. In addition, the potential patron base was probably rather small right from the start, since Exiles is not a mainstream project. I would not recommend more than two updates per year, otherwise you will only increase your stress level unnecessarily but a release on Steam would certainly not be a bad idea.

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Realistically, a new quarterly update cycle probably wouldn't result in a significant increase in patrons since the project is already too old for that. Those who liked the game but couldn't live with the update cycle so far have probably moved on for good. In addition, the potential patron base was probably rather small right from the start, since Exiles is not a mainstream project. I would not recommend more than two updates per year, otherwise you will only increase your stress level unnecessarily but a release on Steam would certainly not be a bad idea.
Well just from a creative standpoint I don't really wanna work on Exiles for like 10 years.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Well just from a creative standpoint I don't really wanna work on Exiles for like 10 years.
That's understandable, but a shorter update interval wouldn't magically provide more content to complete the whole thing in a reasonable amount of time. I wish you could make a living from Exiles and just focus on that, but sadly that's probably not realistic. It's just too much of a niche product for that, but then again, that's exactly why your fans like it.

Reactions: HornyyPussy

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
That's understandable, but a shorter update interval wouldn't magically provide more content to complete the whole thing in a reasonable amount of time. I wish you could make a living from Exiles and just focus on that, but sadly that's probably not realistic. It's just too much of a niche product for that, but then again, that's exactly why your fans like it.
well never say never. Most people don’t even make $100 a month on patreon. Also whenever I release an update my patrons usually triples as does the income. Not that it’s like some large amount of money or anything but if I can keep up the update momentum and keep patrons I don’t see this necessarily being unable to make a modest sum of money. It would be a step down from my irl job no doubt but also something I actually enjoy.

Reactions: haooni and Crusado

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
It's definitely worth a try, just don't forget that there is more in the world than work and Exiles. In any case, I wish you every success.

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Please, for the love of god, please, a normal sized dick. Pleasssssssseeee. MC with a bigger penis than fucking giraffe. Like pleaseeeeeeeee
From a logistics standpoint, honestly it's harder to do sex scenes with a smaller dick in a lot of cases. You have to think about obscuring it in POV, whether or not there's enough light reflecting off it, how far into the penetration each frame goes. Having a smaller one in the scene gives you less "wiggle room" so to speak. Obviously you don't wanna go in the other direction where people entire faces have to deform like they're trying to suck on a fire hydrant or something. Also lots of people prefer seeing the bigger dicks. Just how it is. It's not like I'm delving into like hyper dicks that would be poking out someone's throat if you penetrated them from the rear.

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
well never say never. Most people don’t even make $100 a month on patreon. Also whenever I release an update my patrons usually triples as does the income. Not that it’s like some large amount of money or anything but if I can keep up the update momentum and keep patrons I don’t see this necessarily being unable to make a modest sum of money. It would be a step down from my irl job no doubt but also something I actually enjoy.
man...working full time on this would be amazing....you totally deserve to be able to live of such an amazing game and while it will be a bittersweet moment when Exiles is finally finished, we already know you can make amazing worlds and characters, so I have no doubt whatever comes next will be great! we need to make it happen

Reactions: Crusado

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Okay so this isn't one of the hardcore teasers, but I thought it was cute and romantic (note the frilly Romeo shirt) for those of you into the serving girl, Cassia, in the framing story as we rapidly charge forward to the present timeline. We'll get to know her a little better in this chapter. At least I hope so or this kiss would be terribly awkward.

Cassia Picnic 1.png

4.60 star(s) 91 Votes