4.60 star(s) 91 Votes

BoomDaBoom

Apr 29, 2017
This is some really nice work and I love your sense of humor and overall style. You've really got a good grasp on things like composition and framing, which next to lighting is the most overlooked aspect by Devs. It's great to see a type of setting that doesn't really get used at all in games; and though some storytelling elements at first seem a bit generic, you tell them with such a wink and nod that it comes off as charming rather than corny.

If I had to make a few minor gripes, it would probably be the amount of noise on some images which isn't that big of a deal since it's understandable given everyone's respective hardware and so on. That definitely doesn't take away from anything though, just a very small nitpick really. The other aspect is more of a personal preference where I kind of find the MC a bit too dense at times. I understand that's part of his character and background, I just always have a rough time empathizing with protagonists who aren't smart enough for their own good. Usually, this can be offset with them maybe being charismatic, street-smart, or very motivated in their ambitions. However, right now he feels very passive in his decisions and this feels more like the other character's story rather than his. Still, I do get that this is more of a comedy and I admit that some moments of his dumbness had me really laughing. Like I said, probably just personal preference.

The only thing I guess I can say I really worry about is that based off of the gameplay and what you mentioned in some earlier posts; this may run into some of the same issues that games like "Shadows over Manston" or "Where it All Began" are dealing with right now. I guess I'll call it over-branching: where a game has so many varying routes, variables, and character relations planned out that it becomes way too overwhelming in terms of renders, writing, and programming. It doesn't really become an issue for players until routes become very specific and content feels like it's being drip-fed, it's more of a problem for devs because it always becomes a bigger and bigger task to handle.

I doubt it'll be an issue, but it's just something to be aware of given the kind of intricate relationship/story system you want. Not saying it's impossible either, so if you're down for the challenge I can only imagine great things will come from it. Just don't want you to burn yourself out.

Overall I'll end this insanely long post that should've been put in the review section by saying that this game is great and I'm really looking forward to what comes next.

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
To address some of your concerns, while I do have a lot of branching in the current update I'm working on, and I assume it will increase as more choices are added in each chapter, there is definitely a unified narrative I'm telling so certain events will always have to occur to push the narrative forward. Some choices will result in more drastic changes than others. Some may just open up possibilities of new sexual encounters or alternative scenes or perhaps extra bits of background info on characters that you wouldn't otherwise get. For instance, one of the side characters in this update will have their sex/gender determined by player choice right before their first appearance. Other choices exist to define your character as well as others better so it may alter the way certain dialogues play out or if certain things are referenced. For example, if you get on Kadijah's good side, she can help you become a much better liar, which can help you in certain situations down the line. Or if you train with Astrid, you'll pick up better combat skills, which can also help in certain situations later on.

I suppose a good comparison would be some telltale games in a way. Several choices per episode with something like 3 or 4 that have a larger impact and can alter other episodes, while more minor ones can affect changes within the current episode. As I near the end of the entire game, the branches will be allowed to deviate further and further from each other as I'll be setting up the multiple ending states.

Nurumimi

Mar 25, 2020
A must-follow game here!
I really enjoy story (fell for Astrid!) and eager to see chapter 2.
I guess dialog options are only to choose what to show (in that case will be nice to have something like "unblocked" in SpaceCorps) and/or some way to replay scenes just to... you know... be sure of you get... all the meaning...:rolleyes: not for any masturbatory-related thing...:rolleyes:
I miss some more action with Astrid
(kindly, kindly, reaaaaallly kindly asking to go for that direction ^^u)

Reactions: ziko and timepants

Dingo139

Nov 8, 2019
Just posting to say I'm loving the game so far. It looks better than most Renpy games. The setting is unique though I'm wondering if we'll see more fantasy elements down the line. The humour lands and a big part of what makes the game so charming. Many games overdo it; turning the MC into a total goof or side characters into clowns for a giggle. But this game strikes the right balance. It paces the sex out, usually that takes hours of grinding, skipping dialogue, reading a walkthrough or other such nonsense before you get to the fun. If anything the Harem sequence has too much sex, I mean how can the MC fuck four times in a row? that's some impressive stamina XD maybe it's a magical gift lol.

But most importantly the characters are good. MC has charisma and wit but with enough shortcomings to make him endearing. His best mate is silly yet well-meaning. Aislinn is very 'Miss Fortune' esq, playful and ballsy. My favourite was Tahir and not just cause I'm bi; originally I killed the gang leader, then I wound it back to find that Tahir will do it if you don't. That surprised me and I continued to warm to him from there. I honestly like him so much I'd rather play as him, he must have a lot of fun.

I wanna get to know Astrid and meet Zilv as he's interesting on paper and some more bottom content could be fun if it goes that way.

My only critique is I wish the MC could get a shave, dude looks scruffy and he's working with the prince now surely he can find a razor.

Last edited:

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
A must-follow game here!
I really enjoy story (fell for Astrid!) and eager to see chapter 2.
I guess dialog options are only to choose what to show (in that case will be nice to have something like "unblocked" in SpaceCorps) and/or some way to replay scenes just to... you know... be sure of you get... all the meaning...:rolleyes: not for any masturbatory-related thing...:rolleyes:
I miss some more action with Astrid
(kindly, kindly, reaaaaallly kindly asking to go for that direction ^^u)
A gallery is on the agenda. Not sure if it'll make it into the update I'm working on but it'll definitely show up at some point.

Also, rest assured, Astrid has plenty of content in this update. They all do, actually.

david3321

Jul 1, 2018
[QUOTE = "timepants, post: 3004570, membro: 31766"]
Que jogo incrível que todos deveriam jogar! Meus cumprimentos ao desenvolvedor.
[/CITAR]

Reactions: timepants

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
My only critique is I wish the MC could get a shave, dude looks scruffy and he's working with the prince now surely he can find a razor.
I personally prefer him with facial hair but there is at least one episode in the game where he'll be completely clean shaven. Zilv too.

Reactions: Dingo139

adultUser

Oct 11, 2017
does passing on gay/futa stuff kill a lot of the game? ive seen some games with ntr optional, but the game is clearly all about ntr and without it, its empty.

Reactions: PinkGoddess

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
does passing on gay/futa stuff kill a lot of the game? ive seen some games with ntr optional, but the game is clearly all about ntr and without it, its empty.
Nope. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot. There's a pretty decent spread of material. It's all clearly marked. Honestly all the gay/trans characters are still core parts of the plot. If you don't fuck them, you just won't get sex scenes with them. I usually provide a platonic alternative scene with them that gives you a bit more character info/stupid jokes. They'll still interact with you and drive the plot forward, just not in a sexual way.

Reactions: Lars Alexandersson
4.60 star(s) 91 Votes