3.10 star(s) 16 Votes

Horizon666

Jun 30, 2018
No, it's obviously a gynoid.
I first came across that term in an anime years ago, though I can't for the life of me remember which one it was (I want to say Heaven's Lost Property, but can't be sure). At the time I thought it was just the Author/Creator trying to be cute.

It was only much, much later that I discovered that Andro or Andry was Greek for Men or of men. Androphobia: fear of men, Misandry: Hatred or contempt of men(other side of the coin of Misogyny: Hatred or contempt of women).

Gyny is the female equivalent.

Seems so obvious when you understand the root of the words, but it completely flew right over my head for absolutely ages.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I first came across that term in an anime years ago, though I can't for the life of me remember which one it was (I want to say Heaven's Lost Property, but can't be sure). At the time I thought it was just the Author/Creator trying to be cute.

It was only much, much later that I discovered that Andro or Andry was Greek for Men or of men. Androphobia: fear of men, Misandry: Hatred or contempt of men(other side of the coin of Misogyny: Hatred or contempt of women).

Gyny is the female equivalent.

Seems so obvious when you understand the root of the words, but it completely flew right over my head for absolutely ages.
That's the root of the word, but nobody uses Gynoid, like, at all. Android is in practice totally gender-neutral.

Reactions: DigDug69

Horizon666

Jun 30, 2018
I remember coming across a great, but personally annoying definition of the distinction between a Geek and a Nerd once. Basically, in a nutshell, one's overly obsessive about practical stuff (Science, for example), while the other is overly obsessive about cultural stuff (Anime is a good example).

I thought that it made a lot of sense to me. So why do I find it personally annoying? 'cause I can never remember which is which!

Reactions: DigDug69

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
I remember coming across a great, but personally annoying definition of the distinction between a Geek and a Nerd once. Basically, in a nutshell, one's overly obsessive about practical stuff (Science, for example), while the other is overly obsessive about cultural stuff (Anime is a good example).

I thought that it made a lot of sense to me. So why do I find it personally annoying? 'cause I can never remember which is which!
In my mind, geeks need to have the latest tech, while nerds seek knowledge.

Reactions: Horizon666

Abere Lucifer Productions

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
So my coder and whipping boy Shaddy is back home. He was dealing with a loss in the family. I let him take some time off after he promised to name his first born son Hippo Pete Dick. You know I need some entertainment too. I don't get to go to a funeral and enjoy myself so why should he have all the fun? Anyway, we may be able to get the update out tomorrow though I'm still waiting for my co-author and proofreader to send me back his edits so it could be a little longer. We'll see. Anyway, stay tuned...

cs26.png

Last edited:
3.10 star(s) 16 Votes