Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
Your cocky attitude needs some work man.
The file was from MEGA and yes, I saw that Malwarebytes was in the list of engines on virustotal, but it doesnt specify what scans were run.
I doubt that the ransomware protection is included in the trial version, or perhaps the definition files was updated recently.
I dont have the files anymore so I can't check the hashes and checksums. Perhaps I'll try it again at a later date, but I'm done with this tread for now.

And hey, your info is great and accurate, but as I said, your attitude needs some work.
Peace!
Yeah, no. I was going to wait until a future update to jump back into this game, but this virus talk made me download it to scan with my Premium Malwarebytes Anti-malware to see for myself.

Downloaded from: MEGA
Passive Alerts from Mbam: Nothing with all shields on.
Extracted to folder, alerts?: Nope, not a single alert from shields.
Manual Scan on folder results:
Code:
Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Scan Date: 8/1/18
Scan Time: 2:29 PM
Log File: cf98b702-95b8-11e8-ac60-448a5b97ee7a.json
Administrator: Yes

-Software Information-
Version: 3.5.1.2522
Components Version: 1.0.391
Update Package Version: 1.0.6161
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: Cybernetics-PC\Cybernetics

-Scan Summary-
Scan Type: Custom Scan
Scan Initiated By: Manual
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 1573
Threats Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Threats Quarantined: 0
Time Elapsed: 0 min, 4 sec

-Scan Options-
Memory: Disabled
Startup: Disabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Detect
PUM: Detect

-Scan Details-
Process: 0

Module: 0

Registry Key: 0

Registry Value: 0

Registry Data: 0

Data Stream: 0

Folder: 0

File: 0

Physical Sector: 0

WMI: 0

(end)
Scanned a second time with Rootkit detection on, still clean. Sounds like you have something pre-existing on your computer already.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

animetitties123123

Jul 31, 2018
is there a save file for the old content that we can start with to see the new content so that we dont have to go back and do it all over again? what was the update, 6.1 or 6.2? it says added new location nightclub, but is that something other then the strip club? the changelog isnt very clear on what the new updates scenes are and for whom

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
You do realize don't you that it is quite possible this Virus is on your computer in stealth mode and adds itself to any file you download which is why it doesn't matter what source you get the file from?

No virus reported on Kaspersky or Nortons here....
That is also totally possible. I thought mentioning it myself initially, thanks!
That is also partially the reason why I asked about the file hash from him.

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
That is also totally possible. I thought mentioning it myself initially, thanks!
That is also partially the reason why I asked about the file hash from him.
You should do a full scan of your system and if you are using Chrome go to settings and try their malware checker to make sure something didn't latch onto your browser....

It could also just be a false positive which happens all the time especially on those that offer a free version in hopes of getting you to buy the fullversion to remove the things it finds.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
You should do a full scan of your system and if you are using Chrome go to settings and try their malware checker to make sure something didn't latch onto your browser....

It could also just be a false positive which happens all the time especially on those that offer a free version in hopes of getting you to buy the fullversion to remove the things it finds.
It wasn't me with the infected file. ;)
In fact, I'm the one who couldn't detect anything malicious with any detection engine I had direct access to on my PC, plus over 60 engines at the Virustotal.

I was the first one to react to this "malware report", if you can call this a report at all :rolleyes:

Reactions: Asphyx

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
It wasn't me with the infected file. ;)
In fact, I'm the one who couldn't detect anything malicious with any detection engine I had direct access to on my PC, plus over 60 engines at the Virustotal.

I was the first one to react to this "malware report", if you can call this a report at all :rolleyes:
Sorry my confusion...LOL

Zoar

Oct 15, 2017
yw, when i was just on the main page b4 i posted this it didn't show any mods on to update it

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
So, saves are broken from the previous version again?

I guess wait for another update to make it worth my time.

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes