U

User_1216807

i was in ICC Discord sever a month ago
but suddenly server kicked me out
it's private or something now?
if not why i cant join in?
it says ===> "This invite may be expired, or you might not have permission to join."
I was banned too. for no reason.
They have an 8 year old with some ego problem as their discord server admin.

vmaks

Sep 13, 2018
I've been a little quiet on progress recently. Code updates for previous Sam content and QoL improvements in some game mechanics. Have the dialogue and scene flow done for a lot of the new content for the next version. Mostly, doing that as I go to avoid a heavy work load by doing all that shit at once near beta time. So, now I'm back to working on more scenes with Sam. Will post more sneak peeks as I get to them

Luka85

Jun 17, 2018
Some people have a bug back in the testing phase from V0.8 that screwed of Jackie's variables in their save making her unclickable. Easiest thing to do is to use my save I've posted in this thread and continue from there (or start a new game). Both work.
Hi.. Thank for share this unbelievable game, could you tell me where is the post with the save?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Uhm, yes it is. Just imagine a .0 after each version number and you'll see that 0.10.0 is bigger than 0.9.0. Version numbers or ID's are not decimal numbers (which is why a version 0.3.2 goes to 0.4 with a majore update instead of 0.3.3).
You're this out of context. Drill back a few responses. I wrote

Someone wrote
Game is nice, but why call it version 0.9 when its clearly should be like 0.3.
I responded:
Because it's the 9th major release.

The number (0.9, 0.3) means nothing, except larger numbers are later releases. There is no set amount of content for a 0.3 vs a 0.9. And the game isn't done at 1.0, necessarily
and then someone else wrote
I mean, ideally it is. It's just that some people go with 0.10 then 0.11 to avoid confusion.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
You're this out of context.
I'm not taking it out of context. I read the whole thing. Version 1.0 means (or rather should mean) it's finished. It's just a bunch of idiot developers who think it uses the decimal system use 1.0 to follow 0.9 while it should be 0.10. Still doesn't mean it's right.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I'm not taking it out of context. I read the whole thing. Version 1.0 means (or rather should mean) it's finished. It's just a bunch of idiot developers who think it uses the decimal system use 1.0 to follow 0.9 while it should be 0.10. Still doesn't mean it's right.
That's incorrect. Even with the semantic versioning spec, 1.0 is not done. In semantic versioning, 1.0 defines the public API.

Sometimes 1.0 means it is finished. Sometimes 1.0 does not mean it is finished.
Sometimes 1.0 comes after 0.9. And sometimes 0.10 comes after 0.9.

There is no hard and fast standard, and no requirements to do anything.

Reactions: KaiserST and Walg

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I've been a little quiet on progress recently. Code updates for previous Sam content and QoL improvements in some game mechanics. Have the dialogue and scene flow done for a lot of the new content for the next version. Mostly, doing that as I go to avoid a heavy work load by doing all that shit at once near beta time. So, now I'm back to working on more scenes with Sam. Will post more sneak peeks as I get to them
Damn people don't talk about Sam but how he names the updates:)

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
so is it impossible to play on iphone/ipad?
That's correct.

It might be possible to load the game into the SDK on a Mac or PC, then load it on an ipad using developer credentials, but I have no idea how that actually works.

Reactions: lightpower

Sch

May 20, 2017
That's incorrect. Even with the semantic versioning spec, 1.0 is not done. In semantic versioning, 1.0 defines the public API.

Sometimes 1.0 means it is finished. Sometimes 1.0 does not mean it is finished.
Sometimes 1.0 comes after 0.9. And sometimes 0.10 comes after 0.9.

There is no hard and fast standard, and no requirements to do anything.
Almost correct. In semantic versioning 1.0.0 is the version number of the first stable (ready to production use) release, _and_ defines the public API too.

There are more than one versioning system in use ( ), and of course you can create your own system if you wish. Unfortunately there is no standard for it.

The worst thing is that some developers too lazy (or careless) to find a well-known system which suits for their development strategy, and it can cause misunderstandings. I'm always mad when I download something with 1.x version number, and I have to realize that it was just an alpha version with tons of bugs, and lack of content.

Reactions: Tyrantnyx

Jon_Sleeper

Nov 14, 2018
There is no standard for version number, but you should do it in a way that makes sense to you and contains all the information you may need to track that build. I worked for a company that essentially broke it down like this:

[Major build number].[Minor build number].[Revision].[Package]

i.e. Version: 1.0.15.2

• Major build number: This indicates a major milestone in the game, increment this when going from beta to release, from release to major updates.
  • Minor build number: Used for feature updates, large bug fixes etc.
  • Revision: Minor alterations on existing features, small bug fixes, etc.
  • Package: Your code stays the same, external library changes or asset file update.
Combined changes roll over to the most significant change. For example, if you're incrementing the minor build number, the revision and package both reset to 0.

Even though the categories are defined, there's still ambiguity for what kind of features actually cross over between a revision and a minor build number. It's up to you. If you make lists of the features that will need to be implemented before each increment, you'll also have a plan to follow, but in the end it's your decision as to what fits into each category.

/copy pasted from stack overflow/

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Guys, really very interesting, but let's back on topic (this is about the game)

Sep 8, 2018
Is this the last patreon post?

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes