Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

Kroelle Cook

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2018
Sounds like a very nice and handy tool!

I'm getting a blank login window however when adding a game. What am I doing wrong?

May 1, 2018
Hey guys sorry for intrusion but can anyone help me with this login issue. It seems it doesn't work at all and I cant add games because of this issue. Help me ??

Kroelle Cook

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2018
Hey guys sorry for intrusion but can anyone help me with this login issue. It seems it doesn't work at all and I cant add games because of this issue. Help me ??
Exactly the same issue as mine. If you look closely an other window does open - but it's just black with no entry fields. Have tried to change the color scheme but it doesn't help.

1zzym473

Oct 17, 2021
I press ok when it asks to log in and exe crashes, through the source I revealed the problem Could not find QtWebEngineProcess.exe

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Finally got a usable Laptop, installed it and ran this tool after customizing my new system a bit.
OS: Devuan 4.0 Chimaera (Based on Debian 11.1 Bullseye)
Python: 3.9.2
F95Checker: V8.5

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Basically it worked like it should.
I have frequent connection errors to F95, so the login was a bit of trial and error (well, tried only one sequence) and adding new games may need to be done twice or more cause of the connection errors.

EDIT: those XCBs in the spoiler are from a bug from QT, so no errors from F95Checker at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillyJL

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Seems F95zone has a unstable connection in the last days

WHY DO I GET THIS ERROR
That looks like the connection errors that i have. F95Checker just shows them that way.

- Can't add the game
can be solved by trying to add it again a few times (otherwise it could be a bug that should be reported to WillyJL with the URL that doesn't work)

- The login issue i've seen happened as i was trying to add games while a connection error occurs. just closed the message and tried it again (some a few times) and it worked.
that random login message happens if the connection error is just a bit too long. just try it again.

forgetmaster's post seems to be in the same lane
(ServerTimeoutError sounds too similar, but as i didn't encounter it myself i don't quote it here cause i could be wrong)

Really, don't just report random things without any further information (like OS, Version or the URL).
While some users here may have a hint what could have happened, the dev can't even try to find a bug with only a pic of an error message.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I have Last Update set up. But it doesn't work very well. Games are not sorted by date at all.
The Lécuyer Cult update released yestarday
View attachment 1509482
that sort relies on the time that your tool found the update. if you added a new game, that counts as updated the time you added it. this means that if the tool finds an update for a game, then you add a new game, the new game will be on top of the recently updated game because it was discoveered later by the tool. i know this is not ideal but there isnt really a proper way to get a timestamp for when the game was updated at the moment...

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
PS: Can you add an "Update Date/Time" Column to the list? Would be very helpful.
as i said in the reply above there is no proper way to get a game's update time, i have to rely on the time when the tool finds the update. because of this a column with this info would be kind of useless. when ill find / there will be a way to get a proper update time i will add this column

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I'm getting a blank login window however when adding a game. What am I doing wrong?
Exactly the same issue as mine. If you look closely an other window does open - but it's just black with no entry fields. Have tried to change the color scheme but it doesn't help.
WHY DO I GET THIS ERROR
f95zone is having some connection issues lately. cant do much on my end, just hope it gets better. f95zone team said they are working with cloudflare to fix this.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
with python error tracebacks, usually the most important is the last line, which states the actual error. this is a timeout error. means the server took too long to respond. as ive said f95zone is having conection issues, the team is working with cloudflare to fix this.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I press ok when it asks to log in and exe crashes, through the source I revealed the problem Could not find QtWebEngineProcess.exe
in the zip there should be everything needed to run it, if it doesnt work then either your antivirus messed with it or you messed with it. try disabling antivirus and extracting again

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Basically it worked like it should.
I have frequent connection errors to F95, so the login was a bit of trial and error (well, tried only one sequence) and adding new games may need to be done twice or more cause of the connection errors.
yea connection is quite lackluster, f95zone team is working with cloudflare to fix hope they manage something soon.
glad to know linux support is going well :D

Really, don't just report random things without any further information (like OS, Version or the URL).
While some users here may have a hint what could have happened, the dev can't even try to find a bug with only a pic of an error message.
this. xD

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Since today I am no longer able to get F95Checker to refresh or add a new game.
I've attached the log with tracebacks, both refresh and attempt to add a new game seem to trip in the exact same way.
From what it shows it seems to be related to Certificate verification but the site itself reports a valid certificate...
Start of where it fails is in api.py at line 69 (during the login)

I've tried to get into a state where F95Checker would ask me to login again, thinking perhaps something changed in the way the site handles this, but even after removing the f95checker folder in %appdata% it just kept loading as if I was already logged on...

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Since today I am no longer able to get F95Checker to refresh or add a new game.
I've attached the log with tracebacks, both refresh and attempt to add a new game seem to trip in the exact same way.
From what it shows it seems to be related to Certificate verification but the site itself reports a valid certificate...
Start of where it fails is in api.py at line 69 (during the login)

I've tried to get into a state where F95Checker would ask me to login again, thinking perhaps something changed in the way the site handles this, but even after removing the f95checker folder in %appdata% it just kept loading as if I was already logged on...
i think i have seen this before, and it was usually related to keeping the tool open for a long time, like days on end... did you close the tool while removing the config? because the config is loaded into memory at tool startup and never loaded from file again,so if you change the file with the tool open, the tool wont care at all

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
i think i have seen this before, and it was usually related to keeping the tool open for a long time, like days on end... did you close the tool while removing the config? because the config is loaded into memory at tool startup and never loaded from file again,so if you change the file with the tool open, the tool wont care at all
I am well aware of this behaviour, in general every program seems to behave like this so I always close it before trying. Result is still the same, I don't seem to be able to have it revert to a logged off state.
I did notice there's a get_cookie() function so I assume the reason is that despite having removed the whole %appdata%\f95checker folder before starting the tool, there's also some cookie info stored someplace holding the login data? Since my system default browser is still Edge I'd hoped clearing all of it's cookies might have done the trick but alas...

What puzzles me is the error it shows... the text doesn't reflect what the log reveals...
"There was an error connecting to F95zone, please check your internet connection!"
Yet the log mentions a certificate error and my connection couldn't be more stable.

Question still remains, how to force it to a logged off state?

Apart from that, what is causing that certificate verification error? Is that a result from invalid cookie info (wherever it is stored)? Or is there a change in the site's handling of a login due to this whole Cloudfare business from the last week? Although if that were the case others would already have posted a similar issue so I'm guessing it's something on my end... but beats me what...

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I did notice there's a get_cookie() function so I assume the reason is that despite having removed the whole %appdata%\f95checker folder before starting the tool, there's also some cookie info stored someplace holding the login data? Since my system default browser is still Edge I'd hoped clearing all of it's cookies might have done the trick but alas...
get_cookie() only fetches the cookies from the tool's own cookie jar, and those cookies only get loaded from the config when you open the tool and from the login window when it is successful, it is very odd that it still keeps the cookies somehow after clearing that folder since it is the only place where it stores the config...
Question still remains, how to force it to a logged off state?
completely deleting the config file should do it, and without doing that you could edit it to remove everything inside "cookies": {...}

last possible things i can think of that you can try are:
- wipe the temporary folders %temp% and temp (they are different folders)
- install and search for f95checker.json to see if it somehow uses a different folder
- try a system repair with DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and sfc /SCANNOW
- update windows (not to windows 11 if youre on 10 (unless you want to), i mean run the normal updates)
- try , using f95zone.to instead of discord.com of course

Last edited:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Pfew, this took one helluva lot of digging but I finally managed to get it 'fixed'. When viewing the details for F95zone's certificate I noticed it's issued by R3, Lets Encrypt.
I finally found a post on that pointed to a possible . Now, I'm normally not keen on installing certificates from the internet, but seeing the source is the aforementioned issuer I took the gamble... and presto... it worked...

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Pfew, this took one helluva lot of digging but I finally managed to get it 'fixed'. When viewing the details for F95zone's certificate I noticed it's issued by R3, Lets Encrypt.
I finally found a post on that pointed to a possible . Now, I'm normally not keen on installing certificates from the internet, but seeing the source is the aforementioned issuer I took the gamble... and presto... it worked...
added this to the OP since a few people have asked me about it now, thanks for linking the solution!

Reactions: razfaz and FaceCrap
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes