Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
It gets more complicated for me on linux:
python 3.7 from repo: pip3 couldn't install from the requirements.txt
python 3.9.2 altinstall just replaced pip3 (why? it created pip3.9 too), pip3.9 installed the requirements but no Tkinter available?
now i have two version of python3 and none of them can run F95Checker.py
Seems building python from source has traps for people that are not used to do that -.-

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
python 3.9.2 altinstall just replaced pip3 (why? it created pip3.9 too), pip3.9 installed the requirements but no Tkinter available?
Seems building python from source has traps for people that are not used to do that -.-
very strange, ill look into it tomorrow... in the meantime can you try with wine? the exe has all the libs precompiled and doesnt even need python to run so perhaps wine can run the exe fine (?)

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Tried it with wine:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Tracebacks only appeared at the first two runs and only after closing the program.

I have to say my wine is not configured yet (i never have something to run with wine... i mostly use a Windows7-VM for things like programming my mouse)

first run i added a game, changed the color and had to login after clicking refresh (forgot to close the styler-window, it stayed open after closing the main window. wine ended only after closing the remaining styler window)
second run showed a new blank state, did the same again except styler
a third run had the game remembered and didn't ask to login again

tried to get the behavior of the second run by leaving the styler open (with and without changes)... now it doesn't even trow the tracebacks anymore (only the fusion.dll and the Qt5Svg.dll are now showing except some driver related i had redacted fron 1st and 2nd as i know it's from my machine alone)
Couldn't try the browser buttons and left the background alone (as that is in the tracker)

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Tried it with wine:
The Tracebacks only appeared at the first two runs and only after closing the program.

I have to say my wine is not configured yet (i never have something to run with wine... i mostly use a Windows7-VM for things like programming my mouse)

first run i added a game, changed the color and had to login after clicking refresh (forgot to close the styler-window, it stayed open after closing the main window. wine ended only after closing the remaining styler window)
second run showed a new blank state, did the same again except styler
a third run had the game remembered and didn't ask to login again

tried to get the behavior of the second run by leaving the styler open (with and without changes)... now it doesn't even trow the tracebacks anymore (only the fusion.dll and the Qt5Svg.dll are now showing except some driver related i had redacted fron 1st and 2nd as i know it's from my machine alone)
Couldn't try the browser buttons and left the background alone (as that is in the tracker)
Best to have only latest version Python installed. (or oldest) It is a programming language. If you are having errors it is likely you have both versions installed.

Uninstall earliest version first. Then (after reboot pc) install latest version after.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Having some issues with this on linux/manjaro.

I fixed that issue myself with this command: sudo pacman -S tk

I have a new issue after that though is " Some required dependencies were not found. Please install them manually using the command "pip install --upgrade -r requirements.txt" - Error: No module named 'winreg' "

Edit: just to add on here if you run that command it says all the requirements are satisified so it's all there... maybe it's missing a winreg line on install? Only other issue I could see is the top of this the terminal posts "Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not writeable" -- but as far as I can tell it has all the permissions it needs so not sure that's the issue + it doesn't complain after that.

Can't seem to fix this one though so anyone have any ideas? I get the same error if I try running the exe under Wine as well.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019

I have a new issue after that though is " Some required dependencies were not found. Please install them manually using the command "pip install --upgrade -r requirements.txt" - Error: No module named 'winreg' "

Edit: just to add on here if you run that command it says all the requirements are satisified so it's all there... maybe it's missing a winreg line on install? Only other issue I could see is the top of this the terminal posts "Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not writeable" -- but as far as I can tell it has all the permissions it needs so not sure that's the issue + it doesn't complain after that.

Can't seem to fix this one though so anyone have any ideas? I get the same error if I try running the exe under Wine as well.
Weird... I separated the imports in std and ext ones, so the ones included the python 3.8 standard library are not included in the requirements.txt because they come bundled with python...

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Weird... I separated the imports in std and ext ones, so the ones included the python 3.8 standard library are not included in the requirements.txt because they come bundled with python...
running on a debian based linux here

lucky you. had to compile python it cause debians stable repo is a bit on the slower side. was lucky to find a site that had tk included (first try was without it)

Edit: just to add on here if you run that command it says all the requirements are satisified so it's all there... maybe it's missing a winreg line on install?
module index from the python site says:
winreg (Windows) Routines and objects for manipulating the Windows registry.
seems winreg is no standard-lib on linux, so it throws that error.

EDIT:
it comes from ./modules/browsers.py so can comment out line 3 as a workaround.
did it and now i'm hit with a new issue:
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.

Only other issue I could see is the top of this the terminal posts "Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not writeable" -- but as far as I can tell it has all the permissions it needs so not sure that's the issue + it doesn't complain after that.

that "Defaulting..."-line shows up when pip has no right to install system-wide. running pip in a root-shell or with sudo helps, but is only necessary if you run more than one user on your machine.
wine 4.0-2 complains a bit here but starts it (Had to start it a second time, timeouts and such prevented it from loading data the fist time. Seems that just happens to me after a reboot)

Found a new tiny little bug: the F95Checker.sh tries to start a nonexisting main.py (changing that line doesn't solve the winreg-issue)

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
unroot DukeZee on the github repo i fixed the winreg import, try that and see what else goes wrong

EDIT: also, tkinter is only used to show some errors on screen if dependencies are missing... i guess i could just replace that with a popup terminal... something like cmd /c echo Some error text && pause and its linux and mac equivalents

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
running on a debian based linux here

lucky you. had to compile python it cause debians stable repo is a bit on the slower side. was lucky to find a site that had tk included (first try was without it)

module index from the python site says:
winreg (Windows) Routines and objects for manipulating the Windows registry.
seems winreg is no standard-lib on linux, so it throws that error.

EDIT:
it comes from ./modules/browsers.py so can comment out line 3 as a workaround.
did it and now i'm hit with a new issue:
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.

that "Defaulting..."-line shows up when pip has no right to install system-wide. running pip in a root-shell or with sudo helps, but is only necessary if you run more than one user on your machine.
wine 4.0-2 complains a bit here but starts it (Had to start it a second time, timeouts and such prevented it from loading data the fist time. Seems that just happens to me after a reboot)

Found a new tiny little bug: the F95Checker.sh tries to start a nonexisting main.py (changing that line doesn't solve the winreg-issue)
i just setup my kali on wsl2 and got the gui server running through windows and just removing the winreg import everything is working fine

PS: sure it might be a bit off on the proportions but ts working for me
1615503487233.png

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
i fixed the winreg import, try that and see what else goes wrong
replaced the browsers.py, but now it throws me a new problem:
Code:
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, webgl, xcb.

Abgebrochen
tried already to reinstall PyQt5 with pip and libxcb-xinerama0 with apt-get but no changes to that message so far (that two was all google gave me to try)

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
replaced the browsers.py, but now it throws me a new problem:
Code:
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, webgl, xcb.

Abgebrochen
tried already to reinstall PyQt5 with pip and libxcb-xinerama0 with apt-get but no changes to that message so far (that two was all google gave me to try)
from my testing the latest PyQt5 gave issues with the imports, thats why in the requirements.txt i forcibly set == 5.15.2 and added the --upgrade to the pip command... did you install exactly 5.15.2?

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
from my testing the latest PyQt5 gave issues with the imports, thats why in the requirements.txt i forcibly set == 5.15.2 and added the --upgrade to the pip command... did you install exactly 5.15.2?
it is the same version, installed through the requirements.txt
EDIT: had a requirements.txt without clint, replaced it, run it and redid the list on that

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
python 3.9.2 (compiled with help of )
python 3.7.2 couldn't get all requirements so i had to get that newer one
I mean.... I did a super basic sudo apt install python3 python3-pip and I’m all set... only thing I can think of is something went wrong compiling...

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes