Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

dave082

Feb 25, 2017
Getting these errors and still no updated games prompt. 71h2

Code:
python F95Checker.py
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 36 and type 'Write', disabling...
Exception ignored in: <coroutine object refresh.<locals>.worker at 0x7fdc5c282d40>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mnt/str/Documents/.Temp/Games/F95CheckerV7.1h2/modules/callbacks.py", line 459, in worker
    await refresh_tasks.get_nowait()
  File "/mnt/str/Documents/.Temp/Games/F95CheckerV7.1h2/modules/api.py", line 429, in check
    await gui.WarningPopup.open(globals.gui, 'Error!', f'Something went wrong checking {name}...\n\n{exc}')
  File "/mnt/str/Documents/.Temp/Games/F95CheckerV7.1h2/modules/gui.py", line 1188, in open
    msg = WarningPopup(parent, title, message)
  File "/mnt/str/Documents/.Temp/Games/F95CheckerV7.1h2/modules/gui.py", line 1178, in __init__
    super().__init__(parent)
RuntimeError: wrapped C/C++ object of type F95Checker_GUI has been deleted
Task was destroyed but it is pending!
task: <Task pending name='Task-2' coro=<refresh() running at /mnt/str/Documents/.Temp/Games/F95CheckerV7.1h2/modules/callbacks.py:469> wait_for=<_GatheringFuture pending cb=[<TaskWakeupMethWrapper object at 0x7fdc90ead940>()]>>
Exception ignored in: <coroutine object refresh at 0x7fdc90f973c0>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mnt/str/Documents/.Temp/Games/F95CheckerV7.1h2/modules/callbacks.py", line 473, in refresh
    globals.gui.refresh_bar.setVisible(False)
RuntimeError: wrapped C/C++ object of type QProgressBar has been deleted

xaxa9551

Jun 9, 2019
WillyJL
Not sure if anybody caught this, but when you add game and try to link it to .exe file before updating, program crashes without any log or error message.
Also, it's impossible to link html game to play button.
(WIN 10, v7.1h2)

Last edited:

admiralogeneralo

Jan 8, 2020
Hello, why after v7.0 its get 37/70 security vendors flagged this file as malicious on virustotal? I like this tool, but im afraid to use it

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Hello, why after v7.0 its get 37/70 security vendors flagged this file as malicious on virustotal? I like this tool, but im afraid to use it
Because they're stupid. They don't like apps without certification and a program made as a hobby by 1 guy is not certified.

There's no danger.

zweistein

Dec 6, 2017
help me....

System: Kernel: 5.4.0-70-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.3.0 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.8.6 wm: muffin dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal

python3 --version
Python 3.8.5

pip3 install --upgrade -r requirements_linux.txt
Collecting clint
Using cached clint-0.5.1.tar.gz (29 kB)
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement fcntl (from -r requirements_linux.txt (line 2)) (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for fcntl (from -r requirements_linux.txt (line 2))

Last edited:
Reactions: ohcmonrest

SevereSlimeShaker

Freelance sperm donor
Donor
Feb 24, 2018
Hi WillyJL,

I started using your application today but I can't seem to be able to read any changelogs for my downloaded games because I keep getting a "You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now." message. Is this due to the fact that I use 2FA on F95zone?

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Hi WillyJL,

I started using your application today but I can't seem to be able to read any changelogs for my downloaded games because I keep getting a "You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now." message. Is this due to the fact that I use 2FA on F95zone?
Yes it is. If you want 2fa a way you can get around it is to make a 2nd account you use for f95checker. What matters is that the tool is signed in, not what it's signed in to.

SevereSlimeShaker

Freelance sperm donor
Donor
Feb 24, 2018
Yes it is. If you want 2fa a way you can get around it is to make a 2nd account you use for f95checker. What matters is that the tool is signed in, not what it's signed in to.
Ah. Nevermind then. A little overkill in this case. I'll just open the website if I want to read the change logs and wait for 2FA support.

Acurex

Nov 20, 2017
I have to admit you made a very nice tool. It helps me track down updates very easily. Thanks WillyJL
But today it just stopped working during the day.
I tried to add a new game and got this message
1619297494885.png
I tried to refresh my list and got this message
1619297609984.png

Deleted the config.ini and tried to add a game already added to my old list. Same result.

Did someone else encounter these problems today?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: maver!ck

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I have to admit you made a very nice tool. It helps me track down updates very easily. Thanks WillyJL
View attachment 1161293
View attachment 1161304

Deleted the config.ini and tried to add a game already added to my old list. Same result.

Im working on it, F95Zone added Cloudflare and now requires a captcha. If staff does not cooperate and give an api to us I'd say its safe to assume that this and all other update checkers / managers are dead

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
btw the config.ini is not used anymore since v7.0, what matters is the f95checker.json inside AppData/Roaming/f95checker

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Yep, I had my own python script to check for updates, and it's 100% dead now.
yea, im about to dm a moderator. i had made a ticket to contact staff about a possible json api for f95zone a mnth ago but not even a single reply to it, so now thats its not a simple concern but an actual issue ill just dm them

maver!ck

Dec 10, 2020
View attachment 1161293
View attachment 1161304

and here I thought that I was the only one who got that 2nd error message that you posted

• Sad
Reactions: WillyJL

seigram

Oct 6, 2020
yea, im about to dm a moderator. i had made a ticket to contact staff about a possible json api for f95zone a mnth ago but not even a single reply to it, so now thats its not a simple concern but an actual issue ill just dm them
Even just exempting the Latest Updates RSS feed from the CloudFlare protection would be nice - even my RSS reader is getting stopped by the anti-bot protection :/

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I've tweaked the Cloudflare security settings so this is functional again, until we can get a proper solution in place.
Thanks for the quick action, and since you're here I'm gonna ask this to you directly. I don't know if that ticket was actually ignored or not, but is any kind of json API planned? Because it would make these tools much faster and less stressful for your servers since right now we have to fecth a full HTML...

Regardless, thanks and sorry for the ping

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Thanks for the quick action, and since you're here I'm gonna ask this to you directly. I don't know if that ticket was actually ignored or not, but is any kind of json API planned? Because it would make these tools much faster and less stressful for your servers since right now we have to fecth a full HTML...
Not ignored, we just have a ticket backlog to deal with due to the situation around the world at the moment.

I have plans to implement an API in the future, but no ETA yet. Ideally checks like this would use the same endpoint that the latest updates page uses, as that would only be a single request (or a few if you want to be safe and check across multiple pages), but we're not going to enforce any rate limits or anything like that until we get a proper API setup.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes