Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

maver!ck

Dec 10, 2020
i think there is a problem with the option to alphabetically sort the list, it's not sorting it alphabetically after updating to v8.0h1

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
i think there is a problem with the option to alphabetically sort the list, it's not sorting it alphabetically after updating to v8.0h1
1619880151320.png
ill look into it

EDIT: firgured it out: now the games get stored based on their thread id (for example this thread's id is 44173, you can see it at the end of the url) instead of their name, but that function still sorted them based on the name they have in the storage, which now is the thread id... easy fix. also noticed that the first added sort option was the same as the updated sort, just reversed... easy fix too, something prolly got lost while refactoring

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: maver!ck

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
adding some other things, will publish the fix for that sorting stuff in 8.1 with those new features

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I havent been able to test the new image stuff on many systems, so let me know if something goes wrong for you!

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
So i accidentally released without changing version number... if your tool says "v8.2dev2" in the bottom right you will need to download it again, the dev version will not auto update anymore!! small mistake on my end, sorry about that!

maver!ck

Dec 10, 2020
I liked the game banner's preview when you hover the cursor upon the game title on the list, though it's not really an essential for me but it's still a nice added feature to an already useful tool. I don't know if it's just me or the tool seems to update the list faster when you add a game into the list on this version 8.2.

maver!ck

Dec 10, 2020
im not 100% sure what you youre trying to say...?
it usually takes 3-5 sec before a game is added to the list after I entered the URL, but it only took 1-2 sec when I added one after this update. As I've said it could just be me, or maybe my internet connection or something, not really a big deal.

Reactions: WillyJL

The1andonly

Jan 3, 2019
Can not add any games. Getting error messages:
"Couldn't add this game!" or
"Couldn't connect to f95Zone. Check your internet connection!"

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Three things I can think of are:
1. You are not connected to F95zone on the device you have to at all
2. In the tool you didn't choose the browser you are logged in on.
3. Some antivirus is denying the tool access to the net.

Aside from that you'll need assistance from Will.

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
@The1andonly as @AtotehZ said most likely issues are:
  • Problems connecting to F95Zone, such as DNS or Firewall, but probably not since you are managing to connect fine through your browser (you managed to reply to the thread so...)
  • Your antivirus might either:
    • have deleted some required files for the tool to connect to the internet (all the files inside the installation folder are required, and in some cases launching it with some of them missing will let the tool run but it won't manage to connect to the internet)
    • be blocking the EXE itself from accessing the web
I have some of these issues myself, since I compile the tool not myself but through GitHub and my Norton sometimes flags it so I have to add it to the exclusions.

About what Atotehz said with the browser selection, don't worry about that, the browser selection is solely relevant for what browser the links will open in, the tool will login independently of any browser you have (you could even use it without any browser installed if you really wished to)

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
I have an issue, I paste a game into the window, I click add, and it prompts for my username/password, I enter and click save then it just silently closes, no errors messages etc.

Using the latest Windows version from Github.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I have an issue, I paste a game into the window, I click add, and it prompts for my username/password, I enter and click save then it just silently closes, no errors messages etc.

Using the latest Windows version from Github.
try with this

it will leave a log behind, send that here
(dont overwrite your public release, this tester version will not auto update in the future!)

Last edited:
Reactions: weirdscix

The1andonly

Jan 3, 2019
I use Opera, I am logged in obviously. Excluded the checker from all antivirus programs, issue still persists. The only thing that might pose problems might be that Opera's VPN is on by default. Could that be causing the problem?

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes