Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
I mean.... I did a super basic sudo apt install python3 python3-pip and I’m all set... only thing I can think of is something went wrong compiling...
well, Devuan Beowulf (is a Debian Buster) has only python 3.7 as newest. did compile the 3.9.2 again, solved two minor things on the way (just to be sure, surely did install some dev-libs that weren't even needed) and nope, again that same message

I begin to feel bad cause i find things that are out of normal ways. Sorry for that and thank you for being here for us all

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
unroot DukeZee on the github repo i fixed the winreg import, try that and see what else goes wrong
Can confirm your github update fixed the winreg for me so it launches now, ty!

Edit: Did notice a new problem to do with pointing added games to their main file, if you target the .exe it's fine works as intended but if you target the .sh (or .py since I tested that too for the sake of it) file it crashes this program. (you can run the .sh normally and it loads said game).

Decided to try it through terminal actually to see if it spits an error, and funny enough it decided to add it.... so not sure on that one but managed to get it crashing on different one and it popped this error:
File "/home/manjaro/Downloads/f95checker-main/modules/callbacks.py", line 352, in open_game
if event.button() == QtCore.Qt.LeftButton:
AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute 'button'
Aborted (core dumped)
The other one that did work still did post some stuff in terminal so maybe this would help with something as well:
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 862, resource id: 14759646, majo
r code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor code: 0
^C^CTraceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/manjaro/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/qasync/__init__.py", line 709, in wrapper
@functools.wraps(fn)
KeyboardInterrupt
Aborted (core dumped)

Last edited:

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
Willy! 7.0 is sweet as hell dude! Great update!
I do have some problems with it not finding a game (Lust is Stranger in this case) as well as there not being a good way for it to differentiate between games with the same name
(in this case I want it to find Slaver, but instead it finds this Slaver)

Should probably look into a way where if you add a game to the list by using the URL that it should know to look at that URL instead of it trying to go through the quick search again causing it to fuck up.

Either way, good to have you back and see the release of 7.0!

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I do have some problems with it not finding a game (Lust is Stranger in this case)
easy fix, used to these at this point... for some reason the quicksearch sometimes needs 2 spaces when the title actually has only one to find some games...will be fixed in 7.1
Code:
Lust Is Stranger (like title): no result
Lust Is  Stranger: finds no problem
Should probably look into a way where if you add a game to the list by using the URL that it should know to look at that URL instead of it trying to go through the quick search again causing it to fuck up.
yes, it would fix the issues, but requesting the whole game thread is way more taxing (quicksearch request is 10-15 kb while game thread can be 35-40 kb if not more) and I don't want to put the f95 servers through that... already using a quicksearch request is not optimal, if we then actually request a full thread it would just go downhill... in addition, I haven't tested but I believe that it would be harder to get rate limited by the servers when doing quick searches as opposed to getting full threads... its much more believable to be requesting 100 quick searches in a 10 second span as opposed to 100 game threads in such a short time...

Ultimately what would fix everything here is a json api for this website, so if any staff is reading please at least consider this and perhaps pass it higher up to the correct destination: I know that this tool does not do you guys a favor requesting so many threads and quicksearches so quickly and I'm truly sorry if it caused any load issues, but its the only thing I could do myself... "reverse engineering" the website with dev tools only shows getting the full html, no handy json (only one I found and was able to optimize was the alerts and inbox unread count, which return a beautiful json) to avoid getting the full threads so i had to resort to quicksearches. The ideal situation would be a simple endpoint, perhaps requiring to be logged in, to request (based on thread id (e.g 44173 for this thread)) the thread's first post's title content and tags, and maybe one for login that doesn't return a full html for the login page. Something like that would solve my anxiety and spare you guys a few kilobytes :D

Last edited:

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
Oh damn, how I didn't found this earlier O_O it's such a pain to recheck each bookmarks lol

Crazy, will give this a go, huge thank you to people responsible for this *bows gracefully* :whistle:

• Red Heart

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
easy fix, used to these at this point... for some reason the quicksearch sometimes needs 2 spaces when the title actually has only one to find some games...will be fixed in 7.1
Oh wow... weird. Didn't we have that with another game?
Was it Big Bad Principal?
Anyway, yeah. I remember reporting something similar from back with version 6.X

yes, it would fix the issues, but requesting the whole game thread is way more taxing (quicksearch request is 10-15 kb while game thread can be 35-40 kb if not more) and I don't want to put the f95 servers through that... already using a quicksearch request is not optimal, if we then actually request a full thread it would just go downhill... in addition, I haven't tested but I believe that it would be harder to get rate limited by the servers when doing quick searches as opposed to getting full threads... its much more believable to be requesting 100 quick searches in a 10 second span as opposed to 100 game threads in such a short time...
But don't you already fetch the game thread (or at least the OP from the thread) anyway to get the changelog?
And if not, where are you getting those from?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
But don't you already fetch the game thread (or at least the OP from the thread) anyway to get the changelog?
And if not, where are you getting those from?
i do, but as rarely as possible, aka when you add the game and when there is an update for it

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Willy! 7.0 is sweet as hell dude! Great update!
I do have some problems with it not finding a game (Lust is Stranger in this case) as well as there not being a good way for it to differentiate between games with the same name
(in this case I want it to find Slaver, but instead it finds this Slaver)

Either way, good to have you back and see the release of 7.0!
and at WillyJL
The best way I found to have the tool differentiate is to use the URL of the thread.

dave082

Feb 25, 2017
Can't get it to work on linux. All requirements are installed. Still giving me an error about a Windows specific module.

Screenshot from 2021-03-15 21-28-44.png

dave082

Feb 25, 2017
I have another bug at the moment. The tool works, but after refresh, it doesn't show me the updated games and it gets stuck. (It shows the notification count though) I can't click on boxes and add new games. Need to close and open the tool every time and check updated games manually. Maybe it is specific to mine, I don't know.

Screenshot from 2021-03-18 20-14-51.png

This is the only error I get when I start the tool from the terminal:
Code:
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 35 and type 'Write', disabling...

Last edited:

maver!ck

Dec 10, 2020
I was wondering why the .exe file keeps on getting deleted. Anyway, I did as what you've said and it's now working. Thanks a lot for your help! Great work!

• Red Heart

Lurkling

Nov 11, 2017
Hey man fist of all great tool. I just found it and must say it makes things a whole lot easier. I've got two suggestions though
1) Dividers would be nice, for something like categories. Basically just like a empty line that we could name, add, move, remove ourselfs if possible.
2) Something like a "last played" section, maybe next to the checkboxes for downloaded and played. If possible with auto update if you launch the game through your app and being able to edit it ourself. I just like to skip some releases and keeping track of when I last played a certain title would be really helpful.
Apart from that, still really nice work, keep it up

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hey man fist of all great tool. I just found it and must say it makes things a whole lot easier. I've got two suggestions though
1) Dividers would be nice, for something like categories. Basically just like a empty line that we could name, add, move, remove ourselfs if possible.
2) Something like a "last played" section, maybe next to the checkboxes for downloaded and played. If possible with auto update if you launch the game through your app and being able to edit it ourself. I just like to skip some releases and keeping track of when I last played a certain title would be really helpful.
Apart from that, still really nice work, keep it up
my intention was to keep this tool as simple as possible, as i feel that trying to satisfy every little request might lead to what the game manager in the sticky thread here faces, where many users find it too overwhelming at first and never end up understanding how to use the tool, which in reality might be great.
i understand where youre coming from but the ui s already quite cluttered for my liking so im probably not gonna add much more to it

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes