Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

MagnetStryker

Sep 30, 2017
as GrammerCop said "cant get it to work" is very vague... what have you tried and what went wrong?
Sorry for the bad post.

I've tried installing the requirements but i didn't understand it 100% then.

I've tried it again, this time doing it in the directory itself, but when I double click f95checker.pyw nothing happens.
the first time it gave an error and a new file appeared. I've installed the needed modules, but now nothing happens when I double-click that file.

Last edited:

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
nothing happens when I double-click that file.
I'm pretty sure something is happening. Linux as example closes a script if it throws an error and if it was clicked it seems the script wasn't opened at all. To see the error(s) i have to start it from the terminal because then the error can be seen even after the python-process was closed (due to the error).
It would be helpful if you could start the script via cmd/console/terminal (path/to/python.exe /path/to/script.pyw (or something similar)), so you can read why it was closed with an error

ArchX

Mar 31, 2018
I have some issues to get it working...
First of all I tried newest python then the 3.8.5 ... and I tried the numpy install but it said syntax error... I installed the visual studio.
When I click on F95Checker it says I dont have the requirements, few seconds later the txt about it gets deleted and I've got an install.txt with this in it:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After that the F95Checker does not do anything at all.

EDIT: NVM, I fucked up.

Last edited:

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Not sure on this, I got it working but if I try switching to background it fixes that dependencies error... so I can't get it minimized to the taskbar?

Other than that this has been a style of program I've wanted but it's still missing some pretty important features IMO. It should be able to browser a folder location (maybe multiple?) and generate a list from that to track and compare if there is a new version or not since majority will have a version name in their folder name. Any that it can't match should be put into a separate list / lets the person know somehow. Naturally you should be able to open that games folder from the program as well.

BDZC

May 16, 2020
Ive been using your tool for quite a while now and would love to try your Beta build

BDZC

May 16, 2020
I downloaded the Beta version and extracted it.
Everything worked out of the box.
Sofar i really like it. Works way faster then before.

The only thing i would like to recommend is adjusting the search function.
It can be annoying to get no search results because i had one word in lowercase or uppercase.
Should this even be relevant?

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I downloaded the Beta version and extracted it.
Everything worked out of the box.
Sofar i really like it. Works way faster then before.

The only thing i would like to recommend is adjusting the search function.
It can be annoying to get no search results because i had one word in lowercase or uppercase.
Should this even be relevant?
I usually enter the URL.

BDZC

May 16, 2020
I usually enter the URL.
The last problem i had was with "Light of my Life" which the Author changed in "Light of My Life" and the tool couldnt find it anymore.
Besides this i dont have any other issues. Specially the Beta works quite nice

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
The last problem i had was with "Light of my Life" which the Author changed in "Light of My Life" and the tool couldnt find it anymore.
Besides this i dont have any other issues. Specially the Beta works quite nice
Enter the URL and it will find it again

n0-floW

Dec 3, 2017
While trying to start background mode I get installation error. I'm using version 6.9h1.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, as I'm already posting something on this thread I can as well ask for new functionality - can you add option to select custom website? (if it's possible with option to use additional arguments - for example I'm using mainly Vivaldi browser, but I have few profiles with custom settings, like different download location, extensions, etc.)

Edit: Ok, I figured how to fix my installation error: I had to manually install libraries required for win10toast (pypiwin32 to be exact).

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020
hello WillyJL, I tried running it on ubuntu 16.04 but I got this error :
Code:
$ ./F95Checker.sh
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/manusia/Downloads/New/F95Checker.pyw", line 1467, in <module>
    tool_title = soup.select_one('div[class="structItemContainer-group js-threadList"] > div > div[class="structItem-cell structItem-cell--main"] > div[class="structItem-title"] > a[data-tp-primary="on"]').get_text()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/bs4/element.py", line 1285, in select_one
    value = self.select(selector, limit=1)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/bs4/element.py", line 1425, in select
    raise ValueError(
ValueError: Unsupported or invalid CSS selector: "div[class="structItemContainer-group"
HELP

MagnetStryker

Sep 30, 2017
Sorry for the bad post.

I've tried installing the requirements but i didn't understand it 100% then.

I've tried it again, this time doing it in the directory itself, but when I double click f95checker.pyw nothing happens.
the first time it gave an error and a new file appeared. I've installed the needed modules, but now nothing happens when I double-click that file.
I don't know what i did wrong but it is working now.
Just uninstalled everything related to python/"this program" and started again.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes