Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
EDIT: welp the appp itself actually doesnt work anymore... my best guess is the compression in the dmg invalidates the signature... fuck you apple pt3
Same happens on my system. Running a diff shows that all the .dylibs and .sos are different between the new build and the previous, working build. So I agree, I think the signature is either different or damaged (or both).

Reactions: WillyJL

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
getting error on build 307
1657921867940.png
Also what's the shooting star icon supposed to be?
1657929828234.png

Last edited:

Narunan

Apr 21, 2020
Please add:
1. Search
2. Multiple Choice Sorting (Selection)
3. Application filter tag
4. The tag of the game engine before the name
5. Update history (Before launching the application, games that have been updated are shown, but it's inconvenient to remember everything)
6. Highlighting the selected application line at the cursor location (for the convenience of viewing the list)

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Already in current build, start typing in the bar at the bottom

Multiple Choice Sorting (Selection)
I have been rewriting f95checker from scratch I’ve e the last few months and it’s basically ready. Multiple sort is a bit too much I think, but the new version has a lot more sorting options

Application filter tag
Already in the update

The tag of the game engine before the name
Already in the update

Highlighting the selected application line at the cursor location (for the convenience of viewing the list)
Already in the update

Update history (Before launching the application, games that have been updated are shown, but it's inconvenient to remember everything)
Too much in my opinion. You can sort by last updated or filter by whether it is installed or not to see them

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
getting error on build 307
View attachment 1927620
Also what's the shooting star icon supposed to be?
View attachment 1927767
Very weird, thanks for reporting. Looks like it is adding some gibberish at the end of the file name for the image... I can see where it went wrong, it tries to save with the correct extension by looking back in the url until the last . but that is not really reliable... I’ll find a better way

T J5020

Jun 18, 2018
Hi WillyJL I've not gone through all the entire thread of this tool, but was wondering if anybody had suggest a URL link file import function from txt file or web scrape of F95zone instead of copy and paste of each thread of game wanting to check on initial setup or if there is a function for this that I've maybe missed. Great tool btw.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hi WillyJL I've not gone through all the entire thread of this tool, but was wondering if anybody had suggest a URL link file import function from txt file or web scrape of F95zone instead of copy and paste of each thread of game wanting to check on initial setup or if there is a function for this that I've maybe missed. Great tool btw.
The current version can only use copy paste. The upcoming update can import many links at once, by copy paste, browser bookmarks, f95zone bookmarks and f95zone watched threads. I would have done URL file (shortcut) support but it’s a very niche feature and also drag and drop support is very lackluster with the window system I chose to use. However there is an even better way to add games on the new update which is via a companion browser extension, which allows you to add threads by right clicking on them or by clicking the extension icon. The update should be ready quite soon

T J5020

Jun 18, 2018
The current version can only use copy paste. The upcoming update can import many links at once, by copy paste, browser bookmarks, f95zone bookmarks and f95zone watched threads. I would have done URL file (shortcut) support but it’s a very niche feature and also drag and drop support is very lackluster with the window system I chose to use. However there is an even better way to add games on the new update which is via a companion browser extension, which allows you to add threads by right clicking on them or by clicking the extension icon. The update should be ready quite soon
Hi, thanks for quick reply will look forward to update, cheers.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
build 307 again
I did a full refresh, thinking it would fix the error screen (It didn't btw)

I couldn't do a refresh (kept giving same error screen) so I did a full refresh. Accidentally unplugged my router so it showed a part of games that got updated. waited a bit for internet to come back and was able to do a full refresh 1658178449112.png

I got an updated game screen, an error screen and a thread update screen :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

magrao121

Apr 1, 2019
does the beta test works for windows version or linux? if it works for windows i would like to try it too. i really need something to make my stuff clean and as i saw over the thread it is really good.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
does the beta test works for windows version or linux? if it works for windows i would like to try it too. i really need something to make my stuff clean and as i saw over the thread it is really good.
It is ready for both windows and Linux. Only holdup for releasing the update is macOS.

Reactions: magrao121

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Feature Request: some way to copy the URL for a game's F95 page to the clipboard.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Could easily add that, and probably will do maybe even today. For your issue in particular however, I am 99.9% sure that you could specify what profile to use with command line arguments, so you could setup a custom browser to use Firefox and pass a custom argument to tell it what profile to use!

EDIT: more info here
tldr: select custom browser, for executable select Firefox, for arguments put -P “profile_name”

Reactions: baloneysammich

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Question, if I'm tracking many games will I run into any trouble with cloudflare?
Last time I checked in with Sam he said captchas and cloudflare/ddos-guard are only an issue on login and related pages. That is why I switched the login to simply show the login webpage in a small window. Otherwise there shouldn’t be too many issues, I personally have 300+ games, GAB has like 1400+, and after a bit of troubleshooting some logic errors it now refreshes just fine. Of course, however, try to be reasonable! Don’t refresh too often, it will stress the servers. I personally refresh maybe once or twice per day, more than that is usually superfluous.

PS: I tend to forget that the current release is ages behind the upcoming update that I’ve been working on for 3 months, and I was mostly talking about that update. The current release should work mostly fine but it is not designed with so many games in mind. If you have issues either wait for the update or try out the beta (which I highly recommend anyway, the new update is so much better than the current release). To try the beta go to , find the latest build with a green tick mark and download the appropriate artifact for your system. Keep in mind that to download you need a GitHub account!

• Red Heart
Reactions: bexacefidu
Jan 28, 2022
WillyJL Thanks a lot of the software. Saves me a lot of time.
Some github projects have continuous builds that automatically upload from Actions. Could such be implemented? It would make autoupdating very easy.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
WillyJL Thanks a lot of the software. Saves me a lot of time.
Some github projects have continuous builds that automatically upload from Actions. Could such be implemented? It would make autoupdating very easy.
Auto update is a thing! I use GitHub actions for building the app and I publish it on GitHub. Also when I create the release it automatically builds everything for me. Right now it’s not updating however because I haven’t made a new release and up until 8.x (current release) it used this f95 thread to determine whether an update was available. From 9.0 it will only check the GitHub releases.

Jan 28, 2022
That's good to know. Any chance for a continuous build for the development version? Like with 's continuous releases, I can just run an autoupdate script once a day since the continuous build url is always the same.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes