Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

Narunan

Apr 21, 2020
Too much in my opinion. You can sort by last updated or filter by whether it is installed or not to see them

I'm just suggesting possible improvements to the app. I apologize if you misunderstood me.

As for the update history, there are applications that are updated even on the [Final] version and this is a bit confusing.

I remembered a couple more features

1. Place the thread in the "Favorites" (Pinning at the top of the list)
2. "Folding/Deployment of" one type of trends (Example: Collections/RPGM/Unity)

How do I install the current version with the latest additions? Where there are divisions according to the game engine

Is there a Discord channel with feedback about the app?

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
I don't know if there's a proper term for it, but is a secondary sort parameter possible? For example, when I sort by Installed (which I use a lot because I also use it to indicate that I've simply downloaded a game), it would be nice if the Name was used as a secondary sort parameter so that within each case (on/off) the games were listed in alphabetical order. As it stands the games are otherwise listed in a seemingly arbitrary order.

And maybe it's just me, but sorting by this field and a couple others is backwards from my perspective. The first time the field header is clicked, it puts games where Installed is checked at the end. I know it just has to be clicked again to invert the order, but IMO it should be inverted by default. Likewise for sorting by Last Update (and presumably other dates), which defaults to ascending order when I'm interested in descending order pretty much every time, and sorting by Rating, which defaults to sorting by ascending stars when I'm interested in descending pretty much every time.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Place the thread in the "Favorites" (Pinning at the top of the list)
That could be a cool idea, but I’m not sure... we’ll see... also this would not work with manual sort mode, so meh

"Folding/Deployment of" one type of trends (Example: Collections/RPGM/Unity)
I don’t understand what you mean, sorry

How do I install the current version with the latest additions? Where there are divisions according to the game engine
Look at the few previous comments in this thread

Is there a Discord channel with feedback about the app?
you have the comments here, you have issues on GitHub, or you can contact me directly via discord or any other link here

And maybe it's just me, but sorting by this field and a couple others is backwards from my perspective. The first time the field header is clicked, it puts games where Installed is checked at the end. I know it just has to be clicked again to invert the order, but IMO it should be inverted by default. Likewise for sorting by Last Update (and presumably other dates), which defaults to ascending order when I'm interested in descending order pretty much every time, and sorting by Rating, which defaults to sorting by ascending stars when I'm interested in descending pretty much every time.
I made it that way mostly to respect the arrow that indicates the sort direction, it’s very easy to invert

I don't know if there's a proper term for it, but is a secondary sort parameter possible? For example, when I sort by Installed (which I use a lot because I also use it to indicate that I've simply downloaded a game), it would be nice if the Name was used as a secondary sort parameter so that within each case (on/off) the games were listed in alphabetical order. As it stands the games are otherwise listed in a seemingly arbitrary order.
Imgui does support this, I’m not sure how complex it might be to implement. I simply haven’t looked into it yet. Also it seems arbitrary, but I’m not sure it entirely is, it’s probably either the order in which they were loaded into memory at startup, or by id number. Either way yes it is arbitrary for humans

Narunan

Apr 21, 2020
I found it, but it wasn't easy..

I'm not good enough at coding to quickly find something like this :D

- F95Checker_Beta_Builds
Pin the link to the beta version, because 8.5 has not been updated for a long time.
After all, the main task of this application is a comfortable viewing.

Reactions: WillyJL

Narunan

Apr 21, 2020
>I don’t understand what you mean, sorry

[Sry, I use a translator]

1658519857417.png
I meant to completely hide a certain age (1 image), but now I think it's better to add them here (2 images)

1658519786902.png

Enable/Disable

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I meant the complete collapse of a certain tag (1 Image), but now I think it's better to add it here (2 Image)
Well you can do that, as you saw yourself, you can disable columns with that right click menu. Just disable the “Type” column and they will disappear

Narunan

Apr 21, 2020
Well you can do that, as you saw yourself, you can disable columns with that right click menu. Just disable the “Type” column and they will disappear
I mean disabling a specific tag to hide, not disabling all

For example, I don't want to see Media/Tool, but I can't hide them from the list either (But I also don't plan to delete these threads, just hide them and when I need to open them again)

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I mean disabling a specific tag to hide, not disabling all

For example, I don't want to see Media/Tool, but I can't hide them from the list either (But I also don't plan to delete these threads, just hide them and when I need to open them again)
There is a filter section on the right, add a filter by type, select Media and invert the filter. Now it shows everything except Media lines. Repeat for others you want to hide. This does not save after you relaunch the tool.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
batblue ive decided that apple can screw themselves with their dmg bullshit. I’ve also found the issue for the .app not working outside /Applications: .app bundles are not given stdout and stderr console streams because, well, you don’t see a console. As to why it works in /Applications I’m not sure but my speculation is that perhaps the apps in /Applications are given a special treatment as in they are given a hidden stdout and stderr that points to a log file, so in that case it wouldn’t crash due to them missing. Fixing this may or may not be easy, well on Python side it’s gonna be a piece of cake, I’m just hoping that fucking qt doesn’t complain

Reactions: batblue

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I think you misunderstood what I meant. This is still requiring you to click into the game page UI itself which is what I wanted to avoid. I was referring too adding an icon in the game list beside the game name. Here's a mock-up example of what I mean. The parts you added does make it feel more polished as well though so that looks good.

Added in latest commit, not in a build yet however

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
That's good to know. Any chance for a continuous build for the development version? Like with 's continuous releases, I can just run an autoupdate script once a day since the continuous build url is always the same.
I’m not gonna schedule them because sometimes I may commit stuff that is incomplete or not working. I trigger a build when I feel like it is ok to be tested in beta, and I trigger a release when I feel like it’s ready for it. If you want to use betas you can get the zips manually from GitHub actions, but they won’t auto update to new betas, only to new full releases when they are released.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
so turns out it was relatively easy to do lol. multisort is implemented and working beautifully in the latest build. you add secondary sorts by holding shift while clicking the column header. clicking another header without holding shift will return to single sort.

fixed that too, i didnt just invert the previous behavior, but instead chose what made most sense for each column. only thing that annoys me is that notes sorting would have empty notes on top so i had to make it sort as if the empty notes started with "z", but otherwise its all good now

• Red Heart
Reactions: baloneysammich

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
batblue ive decided that apple can screw themselves with their dmg bullshit. I’ve also found the issue for the .app not working outside /Applications: .app bundles are not given stdout and stderr console streams because, well, you don’t see a console. As to why it works in /Applications I’m not sure but my speculation is that perhaps the apps in /Applications are given a special treatment as in they are given a hidden stdout and stderr that points to a log file, so in that case it wouldn’t crash due to them missing. Fixing this may or may not be easy, well on Python side it’s gonna be a piece of cake, I’m just hoping that fucking qt doesn’t complain
Yeah, that would do it! And that explains why it worked outside /Applications from the command line, too. How'd you figure that out??

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Yeah, that would do it! And that explains why it worked outside /Applications from the command line, too. How'd you figure that out??
Well an issue on cx_Freeze’s GitHub gave a big hint that it could be this, although they got some more info when using open *.app from command line, for me it just stayed silent as if it went ok, but otherwise the behavior was the same. What made it clear is by going oonga boonga mode and writing to a file after each startup step in main.py, and I saw it stopped after the singleton, aka right before setting up the logging to file.

I’m currently on vacation and my home pc decided to act up for some reason so I currently can’t ssh or rdp into it to test on the macOS vm remotely, can you test out the latest build please? If it still doesn’t work send me the txt file on your desktop that has some step names in it (what I was talking about above)

EDIT: never mind I found a way to run REISUB over ssh and I got my vm back. Guess fucking what, that wasn’t enough, but it’s still an improvement.I’ll keep at it

EDIT 2: I had forgotten that the GUI never even worked to begin with on my vm... theoretically it should be fixed then,go ahead and try the build. Tomorrow I’ll remove the debug file when I know it’s fixed

Last edited:
Reactions: batblue

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
I’m currently on vacation and my home pc decided to act up for some reason so I currently can’t ssh or rdp into it to test on the macOS vm remotely, can you test out the latest build please? If it still doesn’t work send me the txt file on your desktop that has some step names in it (what I was talking about above)
oh, was about to ask if/when there's gonna be an official version update
Not that I need it or anything. was just a random thought while I wait for build 321 to DL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
oh, was about to ask if/when there's gonna be an official version update
Not that I need it or anything. was just a random thought while I wait for build 321 to DL
If that managed to fix the macOS issues, then basically just 1-2 days max. I simply need to redo the whole README and OP :D

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
If that managed to fix the macOS issues, then basically just 1-2 days max. I simply need to redo the whole README and OP :D
Oh but I do have a request tho.
Is it possible to categorize category on the updated game windows?
for starters with all the "integration" you did for art, animations, mods and such, do you think "# updated games " should be changed? I'd vote no but just a food-for-thought

Also is it possible to categorize the games posted?
ex.: instead of
F95Checker_lAUXEtR0aZ.png

it's:
78 updated games
games
(insert
list of
updated
games
here)
Art & animations
(insert
list of
updated
Art & animations
here)

ok I know this isn't the best visual but it's a rough drawing and I can provide another format if needed

Fluffy Neko

Jan 27, 2022
Are those mac named builds supposed to work on windows? im asking because after " " neither of the mac named builds is working for me it just shows black window for 1 sec and then insta closes itself before fully loading.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes