Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
EDIT: committed and started a build. now simply typing will focus the bottom bar and add the character you typed.
Awesome! I'll just have to suppress my instinct to type / before my search. :cool:

Until now I was using Tab which usually focused the search bar. But depending on what was clicked last it could do something different.

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Awesome! I'll just have to suppress my instinct to type / before my search. :cool:

Until now I was using Tab which usually focused the search bar. But depending on what was clicked last it could do something different.
perfect timing, i was just about to submit a better version xD. it is still not perfect because it might miss some modifier keys or some edge cases, but now it will reliably detect and react to standard keypresses and backspace too. all other keys will focus it regardless of interacting with the text box so it should be mostly fine :D

ArchmageFil

Aug 19, 2017
I found a problem with one of the topics: https://f95zone.to/threads/maau-sama-week-3-final-neko-hime.47559/
picture: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/08/782139_main_menu.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The older build does not give an error, but does not show the image (at the same time, having downloaded it in ~/.f95checker/images/47559.png). Build #339 shows an error and does not download.

Also recently installed a funny widget called Conky, and noticed that even when program folded into a system tray all the time in the TOP 5 processor eating. Yes, I know there is an option "render unfocused", but i did not assume that it applies to a fully curled program. Maybe it’s worth turning off the drawing in the system tray?

addition----
I just thought that judging by the error message is rather the problem of Python. In this case if an error occurs, maybe just replace it with a template picture so that the rest of the record about the game is updated. And user will be able to change picture to his own. Something like this:

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Cool app it looks like this website, 1 great feature would be to auto update games > compare game version > download > extract to same location
That exactly the main reason I made this tool. All the others tried to interact with the games on disk and manage them. This in turn made them complex to setup and have way too many options. I will not turn F95Checker into that, it will not interact with games on disk

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
The older build does not give an error, but does not show the image (at the same time, having downloaded it in ~/.f95checker/images/47559.png). Build #339 shows an error and does not download.
Good catch. Before it used the image URL to determine what extension to use to save, but GAB found a bug where if the url doesn’t have the image extension, like many image hosting websites do, it would try to put /‘s and \’s in the name, ending in a file not found error. So the fix was load the image in memory and figure out what format it is. But PIL isn’t able to read that format apparently. So the fix because another bug :D
I think I’ll just suppress the error, make it save to disk anyway as a generic .img and then when trying to load it to show it, if it is unable it will show some simple text.

Also recently installed a funny widget called Conky, and noticed that even when program folded into a system tray all the time in the TOP 5 processor eating. Yes, I know there is an option "render unfocused", but i did not assume that it applies to a fully curled program. Maybe it’s worth turning off the drawing in the system tray?
It should have already been??? I’ll look into it, guess I messed something up while implementing BG mode...

blackop

Apr 14, 2022
Hello, under Linux the login window remains dark. Using KDE 5.24 Arch Linux with Firefox. Do I have to pay attention to something or is this a bug?
WillyJL

For 8.5 you can try to set env variable QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS to "--no-sandbox"

Bash:
# run in same terminal where you're starting F95Checker.sh
# or put to ~/.XXXprofile to apply it on every boot, e.g. to ~/.zprofile
# or put to ~/.XXXenvto apply it on every boot, e.g. to ~/.zshenv
export QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--no-sandbox"

# or run
QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--no-sandbox" ./F95Checker.sh
Works for latest Manjaro for me.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for latest build from github, which uses Qt6

Upd: have a feeling that build 339 just hangs up on login (at least linux told me this)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalros6000

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
checked again and it does not render while in the system tray. are you sure you didnt simply minimize it instead of putting it to tray? to put it fully into tray you need to use the BG mode button. either way i pushed a fix and a build and now it also doesnt render when simply minimized to icon.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
WillyJL

For 8.5 you can try to set env variable QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS to "--no-sandbox"

Bash:
# run in same terminal where you're starting F95Checker.sh
# or put to ~/.XXXprofile to apply it on every boot, e.g. to ~/.zprofile
# or put to ~/.XXXenvto apply it on every boot, e.g. to ~/.zshenv
export QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--no-sandbox"

# or run
QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--no-sandbox" ./F95Checker.sh
Works for latest Manjaro for me.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for latest build from github, which uses Qt6

Upd: have a feeling that build 339 just hangs up on login (at least linux told me this)
id love to help but i just cant manage to reproduce these issues... if you have some logs or any other insight that might help

EDIT: are you guys sure it’s not just taking a while to load the page?

Last edited:

blackop

Apr 14, 2022
id love to help but i just cant manage to reproduce these issues...
I only can suggest to try latest Manjaro on virtual box :(

if you have some logs
Do you have any suggestion how to turn on max possible level for logging?
I tried:
1. Change version from 8.5. to dev and debug=true in config for 8.5 release
2. Nothing for latest build since it's pre-built, didn't have time to walk through code yet

Waited few mins for 339 build, nothing happend

Reactions: WillyJL

blackop

Apr 14, 2022
9.0+ when compiled *should* log everything to log.txt, is that just empty?
While debugging (from start to "login window appeared" after manual refresh)

After interruption

Don't see anything helpful for myself

Also I found that while modules.api.login was called after clicking "Refresh", modules.asklogin.asklogin was never reached (no stop on breakpoint)

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
While debugging (from start to "login window appeared" after manual refresh)

After interruption

Don't see anything helpful for myself

Also I found that while modules.api.login was called after clicking "Refresh", modules.asklogin.asklogin was never reached (no stop on breakpoint)
Yea that’s not so useful. Also it’s intentional that asklogin isn’t reached: both webgine and f95checker use OpenGL to render and I never managed to figure out the contexts, so they didn’t want to run in the same process. I make it run in a separate subprocess (that’s what api.login does, it spawns the subprocess and communicates with it) in the hopes that it doesn’t interfere, and it never has in my experience but that might be the issue? Try to run ./F95Checker asklogin "https://f95zone.to/login"

blackop

Apr 14, 2022
Yea that’s not so useful. Also it’s intentional that asklogin isn’t reached: both webgine and f95checker use OpenGL to render and I never managed to figure out the contexts, so they didn’t want to run in the same process. I make it run in a separate subprocess (that’s what api.login does, it spawns the subprocess and communicates with it) in the hopes that it doesn’t interfere, and it never has in my experience but that might be the issue? Try to run ./F95Checker asklogin "https://f95zone.to/login"

blackop

Apr 14, 2022
UPD:
Bash:
QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--disable-gpu" ./F95Checker asklogin "https://f95zone.to/login"
Works. Seems something wrong with Manjaro KDE (my GPU is 1080 TI), OpenGL and Qt6.

I also tried it while ran QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--disable-gpu" ./F95Checker, but it didn' work. Probably because login screen opened in new process

UPD#2;
Bash:
export QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--disable-gpu"
./F95Checker
seems fine

blackop

Apr 14, 2022
id love to help but i just cant manage to reproduce these issues... if you have some logs or any other insight that might help

So my final thoughts - easiest way to "fix" this is just include additional bash script for every release

P.S. WillyJL thank you for wonderful app :)

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
blackop oh my friend env vars can be changed from inside Python! Also I’d imagine there’s a way to pass these options when opening the window itself... either way thanks for you input I’ll fix this directly in Python code :D

Reactions: Kalros6000

blackop

Apr 14, 2022
blackop oh my friend env vars can be changed from inside Python! Also I’d imagine there’s a way to pass these options when opening the window itself... either way thanks for you input I’ll fix this directly in Python code :D
Yeah, I know. But in my head it's more like
I probably shouldn't hardcode this, because this is a solution for very specific case/OS/drivers/etc. So why make yourself more problems if there are lot of people how live fine without it. Better to just make it part of how-to or second way to start app.
:)

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Yeah, I know. But in my head it's more like

:)
Yes that’s true, but I’ve hardcoded more specific stuff in the past xD. Just consider the binaries: I build them on GitHub actions which run Ubuntu, and their version is in libffi 7 while arch is on libffi 8 and so it refused to run. So I just made it include the server’s libffi 7 in the build. Same on macOS, it expects libintl which I think comes from homebrew and I hardcoded it in... also I feel like disabling gpu and disabling sandbox might be helpful on other OSs too, they’re not really needed for such a simple task like logging in and they might just get in the way like they did here :D

Reactions: blackop

ArchmageFil

Aug 19, 2017
checked again and it does not render while in the system tray. are you sure you didnt simply minimize it instead of putting it to tray? to put it fully into tray you need to use the BG mode button. either way i pushed a fix and a build and now it also doesnt render when simply minimized to icon.
Oh my bad, just checked again and seems that the case. False alarm, sorry :sneaky:

Reactions: WillyJL
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes