Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Are those mac named builds supposed to work on windows? im asking because after " " neither of the mac named builds is working for me it just shows black window for 1 sec and then insta closes itself before fully loading.
And that one with zipped dependencies also crashes? Please send the log.txt after the crash if there is one

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
Well an issue on cx_Freeze’s GitHub gave a big hint that it could be this, although they got some more info when using open *.app from command line, for me it just stayed silent as if it went ok, but otherwise the behavior was the same. What made it clear is by going oonga boonga mode and writing to a file after each startup step in main.py, and I saw it stopped after the singleton, aka right before setting up the logging to file.

I’m currently on vacation and my home pc decided to act up for some reason so I currently can’t ssh or rdp into it to test on the macOS vm remotely, can you test out the latest build please? If it still doesn’t work send me the txt file on your desktop that has some step names in it (what I was talking about above)

EDIT: never mind I found a way to run REISUB over ssh and I got my vm back. Guess fucking what, that wasn’t enough, but it’s still an improvement.I’ll keep at it

EDIT 2: I had forgotten that the GUI never even worked to begin with on my vm... theoretically it should be fixed then,go ahead and try the build. Tomorrow I’ll remove the debug file when I know it’s fixed
I just tried build 321 and it works perfectly on my Mac, whether it's in the /Applications folder or not. No hassles, I just unzipped the app, double-clicked, went through accepting the unsigned executable, and it worked great after that.

Nice work on tracking down the problem...Github issues have saved my ass more than once. :p

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Oh but I do have a request tho.
Is it possible to categorize category on the updated game windows?
for starters with all the "integration" you did for art, animations, mods and such, do you think "# updated games " should be changed? I'd vote no but just a food-for-thought

Also is it possible to categorize the games posted?
ex.: instead of
View attachment 1940770

it's:
78 updated games
games
(insert
list of
updated
games
here)
Art & animations
(insert
list of
updated
Art & animations
here)

ok I know this isn't the best visual but it's a rough drawing and I can provide another format if needed
actually ill backtrack on what i said earlier. yes this could be a good idea but it would require restructuring many other parts of the codebase to take into the consideration the distinction between games and media... also ive always branded this as a game manager of sorts so that would have to change too. what ill do however is add a type label under each updated game, so that you can atleast know if its a game or media

EDIT: like this, atleast you can remind yourself if its a game or art
1658586581657.png

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I just tried build 321 and it works perfectly on my Mac, whether it's in the /Applications folder or not. No hassles, I just unzipped the app, double-clicked, went through accepting the unsigned executable, and it worked great after that.

Nice work on tracking down the problem...Github issues have saved my ass more than once. :p
great! ill go ahead and remove the debug file, iron out the last few things i wanted to do and them get ready for release. finally!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: batblue

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
actually ill backtrack on what i said earlier. yes this could be a good idea but it would require restructuring many other parts of the codebase to take into the consideration the distinction between games and media... also ive always branded this as a game manager of sorts so that would have to change too. what ill do however is add a type label under each updated game, so that you can atleast know if its a game or media

EDIT: like this, atleast you can remind yourself if its a game or art
View attachment 1941760
Not sure I really like it.

I'll expect it's showing me the type cause there was some changes but if there isn't that'd lead me into confusion

I do have an alternative which is instead instead of showing (renpy) or (rpgm) it just shows (games)

Reactions: WillyJL

Fluffy Neko

Jan 27, 2022
And that one with zipped dependencies also crashes? Please send the log.txt after the crash if there is one
The dependencies build works like a marvel and the same for any other older build that I have tried, but anything after the dependencies build just refuses to work. I even tried disabling Windows Defender, giving it some exceptions, and deleting my entire json folder and still nothing. It tries to start and immediately closes. It doesn't even generate a log file.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
The dependencies build works like a marvel and the same for any other older build that I have tried, but anything after the dependencies build just refuses to work. I even tried disabling Windows Defender, giving it some exceptions, and deleting my entire json folder and still nothing. It tries to start and immediately closes. It doesn't even generate a log file.
Aha, I think I understand what the issue might be. A few commits after that build I completely changed how browsers are detected, so that all installed browser are available and not only a few select ones. However I never tested this extensively, it worked for me and no one complained up until now.

Ok I’m gonna give you some precise instructions, try to follow them as best you can.
- go to the folder where a broken F95Checker.exe is
- in the address bar at the top, click to edit the address
- type “cmd” (without the “”) and press enter
- a new black console windows should appear, in it type “F95Checker.exe” (without the “”) and press enter
- this should show what the issue is, send a screenshot of what it shows

Last edited:

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
for ergonomic reasons, are you able to add some optimisation features like a x icon at the end of the search bar?
I'm trying to do a cleanup of all games I have on my laptop and using the checkbox for it but I always have to manually (as in, with mouse only) start and delete keywords to do a search. Is it possible to add shortcut for Find (ctrl+f) delete a keyword search (ctrl+x and Esc works tho) like having a small x on the right, like it is on explorer.exe
1658690843352.png

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
for ergonomic reasons, are you able to add some optimisation features like a x icon at the end of the search bar?
I'm trying to do a cleanup of all games I have on my laptop and using the checkbox for it but I always have to manually (as in, with mouse only) start and delete keywords to do a search. Is it possible to add shortcut for Find (ctrl+f) delete a keyword search (ctrl+x and Esc works tho) like having a small x on the right, like it is on explorer.exe
View attachment 1944382
well to delete everything you can do ctrl+a to select everything then delete. for focusing the bottom bar im thinking more of: if you press a key while no other item is selected then it focuses the search bar and starts typing in it. i managed this, but it loses the character that triggered the focus, so its not ok yet. im working on it

EDIT: committed and started a build. now simply typing will focus the bottom bar and add the character you typed.
for the small x that would be quite complex to implement, and to be fair youre already gonna have your hand on the keyboard so esc seems like the easiest way (i didnt know that pressing esc with the bar focused deleted all text in it)

EDIT 2: it doesnt properly detect modifiers like shift and ctrl, and also backspace doesnt trigger the focus. still better than nothing while i find a way to do it properly

Last edited:
Reactions: baloneysammich

Kalros6000

Aug 8, 2018
Hello, under Linux the login window remains dark. Using KDE 5.24 Arch Linux with Firefox. Do I have to pay attention to something or is this a bug?

Fluffy Neko

Jan 27, 2022
Aha, I think I understand what the issue might be. A few commits after that build I completely changed how browsers are detected, so that all installed browser are available and not only a few select ones. However I never tested this extensively, it worked for me and no one complained up until now.

Ok I’m gonna give you some precise instructions, try to follow them as best you can.
- go to the folder where a broken F95Checker.exe is
- in the address bar at the top, click to edit the address
- type “cmd” (without the “”) and press enter
- a new black console windows should appear, in it type “F95Checker.exe” (without the “”) and press enter
- this should show what the issue is, send a screenshot of what it shows
I downloaded the new "Add hint to bottom bar + BUILD Build #334" and did what you have written on it. I should mention that after hitting enter, I got a Windows Defender pop-up about cloud security scanning.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
didn't have time to check for search bar but I clicked on one game and the checker suddenly closed

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\cx_Freeze\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 113, in run
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\cx_Freeze\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 15, in run
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 78, in <module>
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 58, in main
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 425, in main_loop
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 1036, in draw_game_info_popup
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\utils.py", line 239, in popup
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 959, in popup_content
TypeError: wrap_text() missing 1 required keyword-only argument: 'width'
2nd try: happens with every game

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I downloaded the new "Add hint to bottom bar + BUILD Build #334" and did what you have written on it. I should mention that after hitting enter, I got a Windows Defender pop-up about cloud security scanning.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That’s what I was suspecting. Easy fix

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
didn't have time to check for search bar but I clicked on one game and the checker suddenly closed

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\cx_Freeze\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 113, in run
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\cx_Freeze\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 15, in run
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 78, in <module>
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 58, in main
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 425, in main_loop
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 1036, in draw_game_info_popup
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\utils.py", line 239, in popup
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 959, in popup_content
TypeError: wrap_text() missing 1 required keyword-only argument: 'width'
2nd try: happens with every game
Noticed this myself, was fixing it yesterday night when my laptop died on me xD

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hello, under Linux the login window remains dark. Using KDE 5.24 Arch Linux with Firefox. Do I have to pay attention to something or is this a bug?
the current release is very problematic. ive been rewriting it for the past 3 months and we are very close to release. you can either wait a few days for that or try the betas at find the latest one with a green tickmark and download the linux artifact. you will need a github account to download btw

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes