Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
blackop Kalros6000 check out the latest build (its still building i just issued it, should be about 10 mins) and tell me if it works out of the box for you

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
If no one has any objections or last minute bugs / requests, I think I’m going to release the update tonight. I’ve updated the readme for both GitHub and f95zone, just need to paste it when the release is done. Last things I need to do is write the changelog (that’s gonna be a long one lol) and get new screenshots

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Back here again with same issue and solution as before. Here's the imgui I removed to fix the problem.
Ah you’re right, I forgot about your issue! I’ll look into it tonight before drafting the release

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Back here again with same issue and solution as before. Here's the imgui I removed to fix the problem.
Taking a quick look at it on my phone I can already see what might be off. The ScreenPos value, which I inserted myself since imgui doesn’t offer it by default, is a ridiculous -32k pixels in both directions... so either you have an 8x8 of 4k monitors, or that value is bullshit. So basically the window is opening, but so far off the screen that you can’t see it or grab it. I’ll add some assertions for sane position values later. Would be nice to know how it got that ridiculous value but eh, most important is fixing it

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
When this issue happens, how did you last close the tool? Like was it in background mode? Was the window minimized to icon? Because what it saves as ScreenPos is a value that is updated by a window position callback, in theory it should run every time you move the window yourself, so it remember where you put the window, but maybe it sets this ridiculous x and y value when minimizing? Just a thought

EDIT: yep, that was it. windows moment.
i pushed a fix and build

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Had a bit of a rocky release but the long awaited 9.0 update is finally out.

Unfortunately those of you on Linux and MacOS won't be able to update from 8.5 to 9.0 automatically, you'll have to update manually.

If you find any issues please dont hesitate to let me know!

EDIT: actually looks like windows might have issues too due to a conflict with an older version of python3.dll from 8.5 that gets lost while auto updating.

AUTO UPDATING FROM 8.5 TO 9.0 WILL NOT WORK. Grab the latest release manually.

Last edited:

Noctie666

Dec 5, 2021
Stopped working after updating via the pop-up inside the app but redownloading it manually seems to have fixed it.
Thank you for your work, this is a really useful tool!

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Stopped working after updating via the pop-up inside the app but redownloading it manually seems to have fixed it.
Thank you for your work, this is a really useful tool!
Indeed, I had setup an elaborate backwards compatibility plan, but in the end it wouldn’t work due to python3.dll sticking around while updating, therefore not getting updated to the new version of it. I have now made it so you get the update popup but it will simply fail to auto update if you try, but without deleting any files. So you will still have v8.5 and will at some point read the changelog saying that auto update won’t work...

Reactions: Noctie666

Noctie666

Dec 5, 2021
Indeed, I had setup an elaborate backwards compatibility plan, but in the end it wouldn’t work due to python3.dll sticking around while updating, therefore not getting updated to the new version of it. I have now made it so you get the update popup but it will simply fail to auto update if you try, but without deleting any files. So you will still have v8.5 and will at some point read the changelog saying that auto update won’t work...
I'm getting this error when refreshing with the default 20 workers and 30 sec timeout (already tried 10 workers and 60 sec timeout, same thing). I do have 890 games on the list, that's probably why :ROFLMAO: Just wondering if it will still check them all despite the error or if there's anything I should do.
f95checker2.png

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I'm getting this error when refreshing with the default 20 workers and 30 sec timeout (already tried 10 workers and 60 sec timeout, same thing). I do have 890 games on the list, that's probably why :ROFLMAO: Just wondering if it will still check them all despite the error or if there's anything I should do.
View attachment 1950742
Nice bug catch. It is trying to download the image for a game, but that image points to a dead url. Will fix in a bit. With an error like that for the moment it interrupts the refresh so for now it won’t be able to do a complete refresh

plebtor

Dec 30, 2019
Hi, love the idea of this! I cant seem to get it to work on mac though. Just downloaded 9.0 and booted. No sign in prompt is given, app is empty of contents other than the filter options. When i press "Manage>Import>F95 watched threads" I get an error message about a sign in issue, seen in the picture below. Log file attached as well.

magrao121

Apr 1, 2019
Thanks for the new version, i was waiting for it. looks amazing. for sure I'm switching from playnite to yours. so far no problems on windows.
Anyway is there any way in this version to show a game current version that you added on the first time and display a alert if there's a new version?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hi, love the idea of this! I cant seem to get it to work on mac though. Just downloaded 9.0 and booted. No sign in prompt is given, app is empty of contents other than the filter options. When i press "Manage>Import>F95 watched threads" I get an error message about a sign in issue, seen in the picture below. Log file attached as well.
Will look into it later, thanks for the report

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes