Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

ArchmageFil

Aug 19, 2017
my bad ill show a example.
View attachment 1950869
I mean some way to detect if there's a new version of a game you added.
You mean you want record what game version was played? You can use notes for it.
For example: "played v.0.3.5, up to version 0.4 it makes no sense to download - there will only be corrections"
So when the program notifies about new version you can look into notes

WillyJL, сongratulations on the release of the new version.:cool:

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
my bad ill show a example.
View attachment 1950869
I mean some way to detect if there's a new version of a game you added.
No need! The new version does that. When you mark a version as installed it will remember that. If an update comes, it will see that the latest version and the installed version are different, and it will show it. The installed checkbox will be deselected, and the version text will show two versions with icons:
[download icon] demo | [shooting star icon] v0.1 beta

when in this state you can still click play (it remembers that the version is installed), and selecting the installed checkbox will update the installed version, so the version text willonly show the latest one as normal

I hope I explained it decently. When I get on my pc I’ll add an example screenshot

Reactions: magrao121

magrao121

Apr 1, 2019
No need! The new version does that. When you mark a version as installed it will remember that. If an update comes, it will see that the latest version and the installed version are different, and it will show it. The installed checkbox will be deselected, and the version text will show two versions with icons:
[download icon] demo | [shooting star icon] v0.1 beta

when in this state you can still click play (it remembers that the version is installed), and selecting the installed checkbox will update the installed version, so the version text willonly show the latest one as normal

I hope I explained it decently. When I get on my pc I’ll add an example screenshot
thanks both ArchmageFil and WillyJL
no need for screenshots, i fully understand. thank you.

Reactions: WillyJL

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
It seems like it didn't quite get all the data from version 8.5. For example, it shows tons of titles that are checked installed in the old version but are unchecked in the new one.

forgetmaster

Oct 14, 2020
Jfs26r0.png
These games are still stuck on "Not yet Checked" after refreshing. tried refreshing with 1 thread and 20, some got fixed but these still remain like this.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Updated, new one definitely runs and feels a lot faster & smoother. Search improvements both locally & w/ f95 are very nice, very helpful. A lot easier to delete things etc.

Only "issue" I noticed was it seemed to unmark all my games (outside a couple, no idea why only them) as far as downloaded/played. Sadly no export on the old program, and you can't run both at once so I just did some quick screenshots then correctly them manually which was fine, might be a pain for others if they have hundreds of games or something though lol.

Anyways, good job. You can definitely feel the difference compared to the old one.

• Red Heart

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Tried to start the new version 9.0 via shell and got a black window for a second and then this message:
Redirecting stdout and stderr to /home/unroot/bin/F95-Checker_9.0/log.txt
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
I've been running v171 for a while now, since it worked and I was happy enough with it. Yesterday it suddenly stopped working, and now I can't get the new release to work either.
The only thing I can remember changing was updating Firefox. As a snap on Ubuntu 22.04.

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
I get a socket access error on run for v9 (windows 10). run as administrator doesn't make a difference.
This didn't happen with an earlier dev build, that was months ago now though
refresh & full refresh don't report any errors. but can't tell if its fully working as no games have an update yet

also, more of an ocd nitpick than anything, noticed you can add the same filter multiple times

ps. you're paypal link doesnt work

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
It seems like it didn't quite get all the data from version 8.5. For example, it shows tons of titles that are checked installed in the old version but are unchecked in the new one.
Only "issue" I noticed was it seemed to unmark all my games (outside a couple, no idea why only them) as far as downloaded/played. Sadly no export on the old program, and you can't run both at once so I just did some quick screenshots then correctly them manually which was fine, might be a pain for others if they have hundreds of games or something though lol.
Not intentional but expected, I forgot to mention it. New version uses the version text from the OP instead of the title, so it is often more detailed. That is likely your issue. Still though send over your db.sqlite3 files in direct message please, I want to check that no versions are marked null because that might be an issue

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I found this error while trying to open thread using Firefox. View attachment 1951251
Tried to start the new version 9.0 via shell and got a black window for a second and then this message:
Redirecting stdout and stderr to /home/unroot/bin/F95-Checker_9.0/log.txt
Those two might a bit difficult to debug. I’ll hit you up later with some more questions when I have time

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I've been running v171 for a while now, since it worked and I was happy enough with it. Yesterday it suddenly stopped working, and now I can't get the new release to work either.
The only thing I can remember changing was updating Firefox. As a snap on Ubuntu 22.04.

Fucking SSL... I had disabled it because it just caused issues with certificates, and now it causes import errors... I’ll look into it

Reactions: Jarulf

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I get a socket access error on run for v9 (windows 10). run as administrator doesn't make a difference.
This didn't happen with an earlier dev build, that was months ago now though
refresh & full refresh don't report any errors. but can't tell if its fully working as no games have an update yet

also, more of an ocd nitpick than anything, noticed you can add the same filter multiple times

ps. you're paypal link doesnt work
That’s an error with the rpc server, basically a local api to focus the window and add games. It is how the browser extension adds games and how the window is focused when another instance is already running. Nothing essential to normal operation but a bug nonetheless, I’ll look into it

adding the same filter multiple times is intentional, consider for example tags, maybe you want games that have two specific tags. Of course for some stuff like type it is useless but it would be too much effort to limit it

Paypal link is wrong because I had a older account with the correct paypal.me link butfor some reason I had to change account and now my main one can’t use the correct PayPal.me tag (old account is deleted but they reserve the .me tags). If you want to donate first of all thank you so much and second go ahead and use kofi

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Fucking SSL... I had disabled it because it just caused issues with certificates, and now it causes import errors... I’ll look into it
Must be fun. You work hard for months and finally have a release you think is good enough. And these random people pop up with random bugs.

Thanks though. I've really grown to appreciate the app

• Red Heart
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes