Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

HGBX

Jan 19, 2018
I had a hard importing my games list from 8.5 to the new version and deleting db.sqlite3 as you suggested didn't work. I ended up solving the issue by copying all the text in f95checker.json and pasting it in the import tool which seems to be working.

Reactions: WillyJL

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Must be fun. You work hard for months and finally have a release you think is good enough. And these random people pop up with random bugs.
I believe that's not the worst part of it...
The worst could be if there would be only screams like 'doesn't work' without further explanation or details.
Have such people in the family i have to do tech stuff for...

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Yeah. I'm not a developer, syadmin, it person or anything like that. But I'm reasonably comfortable around a computer, for a non-professional.
The hardest people to help are those who can't even describe their problem. Or try and mix things up so much you have no idea what they are even talking about.
I feel like one of those sometimes when reporting a bug.
But this is OT, so let's get back to our regular WillyJL appreciation scheduling.

• Haha

DeadGrowl

Nov 22, 2021
Well, it looks like you've visually outdone yourself with this version. My sincere congratulations, the interface is beautiful.

By the way, it indicated all the engines as "Misc" and I was going to report it, but a refresh of the list was enough to update them to the correct engine, although it unchecked a lot of "Installed" checks, I'll let you know it but it didn't give me any visual message.
It doesn't bother me because it's just a column I'm going to hide, but I'll leave it here anyway.

Notes are appreciated, I can leave written the next version I'm interested in playing.

In short, a great update man :coffee:;)

• Red Heart

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
ascsd your error could be two things: either windows (or your antivirus/firewall) decided to be retarded and use some random port that f95checker also uses, some reports online suggest that hyper-v and docker sometimes use random ports for no reason, or your firewall is blocking the port from being bound at all.
If you mess around in some settings, you need to look for a way to unblock or free port 57095 (don’t port forward it tho!). I’m not sure if I should suppress the error, or write some small popup saying hey something is blocking this port, if you don’t fix it then the browser extension won’t work. Either way that’s the most I can do when the port is being blocked

Jarulf jemesbond your errors should be fixed in the latest beta build, try it here and let me know find the newest one with a green tick mark and download the correct artifact for your system (GitHub account is required)

AmBush-UK

Aug 1, 2018
No need! They transfer automatically. If you have issues delete the new db.sqlite3, this will trigger a new import from the old f95checker.json (but will lose anything you did on 9.0)
That's a handy feature, I just updated to new Version, after doing so I thought to myself Do I need all them files (I copied zip contents into old folder) , Before deleting anything I Exported thread links.
I then deleted All files dropped zip contents in and was pleasantly surprised that all 97 Games were there :)

I was just gonna ask If The 'TYPE' column is necessary, but found the answer by right Clicking on it BRILLIANT ! Cheers WillyJL (y)

Last edited:
  • Love

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Planned features tracker:
  • Huh... looks like I've run out of feature ideas... hit me up in the replies if you want to suggest something!
that line absolutely killed me :ROFLMAO:

I'd be happy to add some
Manage - Import - F95 Bookmarks
the window only says duplicates have been found but could it say how many have been added, if any?
(i mean, in my case, it said there's been 17 duplicates found but I'm not aware if there have been games added.

what if I wanted to change browser, is there a way for the checker to change which browser it will watch the bookmarks?

Also I still think Media is a bit vague for thread type cause I have manga/comics threads and art rip/collection threads, which are way too different to be put in the same category

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Manage - Import - F95 Bookmarks
the window only says duplicates have been found but could it say how many have been added, if any?
(i mean, in my case, it said there's been 17 duplicates found but I'm not aware if there have been games added.
If it added atleast 1 game it says x games added and you have a list
If it skipped atleast 1 duplicate it says skipped x duplicates and you have a list.
Actually that might be a lie, if you add games 1 at a time and the game is not duplicate you get no message, but for example if you add 2 games and 1 is ok 1 is duplicate, it tells you both

what if I wanted to change browser, is there a way for the checker to change which browser it will watch the bookmarks?
There’s no need because it doesn’t watch your bookmarks. The import browser bookmarks is a one time thing. You export the bookmarks from whatever browser you want, and import that file into f95checker, it doesn’t care what browser it came from or if you switched browser

Also I still think Media is a bit vague for thread type cause I have manga/comics threads and art rip/collection threads, which are way too different to be put in the same category
I’ll think about it

Last edited:

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Jarulf jemesbond your errors should be fixed in the latest beta build, try it here and let me know find the newest one with a green tick mark and download the correct artifact for your system (GitHub account is required)
Well. Getting closer, since it starts this time ;-)
Lots going on in the pic below
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Well. Getting closer, since it starts this time ;-)
Lots going on in the pic below
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just why....the docs say explicitly that False can be used to disable SSL...
DE7A2CCF-0554-48FE-A9F1-ABFA05084131.jpeg
guess I’ll change it to verify_ssl since that can only be true or false
EDIT: actually no, that’s deprecated

Noctie666

Dec 5, 2021
Nice bug catch. It is trying to download the image for a game, but that image points to a dead url. Will fix in a bit. With an error like that for the moment it interrupts the refresh so for now it won’t be able to do a complete refresh
Any news about this ? will the fix require an update ?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Any news about this ? will the fix require an update ?
It will. Problem is that windows (and possibly other OSs, I haven’t checked yet) give the same error for dead links and for missing internet connection. So it could be tricky to distinguish them...
I already have a fix in place, only problem is properly distinguishing the errors and that might take a while since I’m on vacation with limited internet and power access, and I’m also trying to see stuff since I’m on vacation xD

Lonnast

Jan 25, 2018
Is there any limit on the amount of games that the tool can handle?
For some reason, when I try to open ver 9.0, it doesn't load any games, even trying to remove db.sqlite3 and opening the tool again, it generates one db.sqlite3 and db.sqlite3-journal, but the tool does not open (closes immediately before appearing).
Afterwards, when opening 9.0, no games are loaded and the db.sqlite3-journal deletes itself when closing the tool.

8.5 still works fine even after 9.0 generates the sqlite file.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Is there any limit on the amount of games that the tool can handle?
For some reason, when I try to open ver 9.0, it doesn't load any games, even trying to remove db.sqlite3 and opening the tool again, it generates one db.sqlite3 and db.sqlite3-journal, but the tool does not open (closes immediately before appearing).
Afterwards, when opening 9.0, no games are loaded and the db.sqlite3-journal deletes itself when closing the tool.

8.5 still works fine even after 9.0 generates the sqlite file.
That’s an error with migrating the old config. Your log.txt might be helpful, or maybe launch it in a cmd. Either way there is already a bug report for migrating games so it might be the same thing. In working on it

Lonnast

Jan 25, 2018
That’s an error with migrating the old config. Your log.txt might be helpful, or maybe launch it in a cmd. Either way there is already a bug report for migrating games so it might be the same thing. In working on it
Just checked the Log.txt, and that's the error it gives:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\db.py", line 483, in migrate_legacy
  File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.10.4\x64\lib\site-packages\aiosqlite\core.py", line 184, in execute
  File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.10.4\x64\lib\site-packages\aiosqlite\core.py", line 129, in _execute
  File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.10.4\x64\lib\site-packages\aiosqlite\core.py", line 102, in run
sqlite3.IntegrityError: UNIQUE constraint failed: games.id

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\cx_Freeze\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 113, in run
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\cx_Freeze\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 15, in run
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 78, in <module>
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 45, in main
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\async_thread.py", line 37, in wait
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\db.py", line 122, in connect
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\db.py", line 497, in migrate_legacy
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\utils.py", line 292, in push_popup
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'minimized'
I don't know if it's the same bug that was reported, but just in case, here it is.
In any case, thank you for your hard work with this tool!

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Just checked the Log.txt, and that's the error it gives:

Code:
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\db.py", line 483, in migrate_legacy
  File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.10.4\x64\lib\site-packages\aiosqlite\core.py", line 184, in execute
  File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.10.4\x64\lib\site-packages\aiosqlite\core.py", line 129, in _execute
  File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.10.4\x64\lib\site-packages\aiosqlite\core.py", line 102, in run
sqlite3.IntegrityError: UNIQUE constraint failed: games.id

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\cx_Freeze\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 113, in run
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\cx_Freeze\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 15, in run
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 78, in <module>
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 45, in main
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\async_thread.py", line 37, in wait
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\db.py", line 122, in connect
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\db.py", line 497, in migrate_legacy
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\utils.py", line 292, in push_popup
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'minimized'
I don't know if it's the same bug that was reported, but just in case, here it is.
In any case, thank you for your hard work with this tool!
Damn you managed to have duplicates in 8.5??? Cos that’s the error here

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes