Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

Hunteraulo

Jan 21, 2022
For each game you have 2 checkboxes: played and installed. When you install the latest version of a game you click the installed checkbox. If an update comes, the checkbox goes away but it remembers that the old version was installed, so the version text shows both versions, the installed one and the latest one. When you finish playing a version you can click the played checkbox. If the update was just a small hot fix you can decide to mark as played since no new content was added, but not click the installed checkbox since you are still on the older version. When you click the installed checkbox now it will know you are on the latest version and the version text only shows the latest one
Thanks for your answer, I have another question, I migrated my games from my google sheet to F95Checker when it was in v8.5, so the versions don't match, is there a way to save them manually?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Computer says "no"

Code:
brosen@Delirium:~/Visual Novels/F95Checker/393$ ./F95Checker -c "import ssl"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/runner/work/F95Checker/F95Checker/cx_Freeze/cx_Freeze/initscripts/__startup__.py", line 113, in run
  File "/home/runner/work/F95Checker/F95Checker/cx_Freeze/cx_Freeze/initscripts/Console.py", line 15, in run
  File "/home/runner/work/F95Checker/F95Checker/src/main.py", line 76, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.10.4/x64/lib/python3.10/ssl.py", line 98, in <module>
ImportError: libcrypto.so.1.1: kan inte öppna delad objektfil: Filen eller katalogen finns inte
just checking to make sure

Code:
brosen@Delirium:~/Visual Novels/F95Checker/393$ sudo apt install openssl
[sudo] lösenord för brosen:
Läser paketlistor… Färdig
Bygger beroendeträd… Färdig
Läser tillståndsinformation… Färdig
openssl is already the newest version (3.0.2-0ubuntu1.6).
openssl är satt till manuellt installerad.
0 att uppgradera, 0 att nyinstallera, 0 att ta bort och 19 att inte uppgradera
Try latest build (I submitted it right now so if you’re reading this early it’ll take some time to finish building)

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Thanks for your answer, I have another question, I migrated my games from my google sheet to F95Checker when it was in v8.5, so the versions don't match, is there a way to save them manually?
What do you mean?

Hunteraulo

Jan 21, 2022
What do you mean?
Sorry my English is bad.

When I added all my game list, some games were on older versions, how can I mark the version I stopped at.

And second question, is it possible to mark a game as abandoned, if you do not want to play it anymore

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Sorry my English is bad.

When I added all my game list, some games were on older versions, how can I mark the version I stopped at.

And second question, is it possible to mark a game as abandoned, if you do not want to play it anymore
I answered this here
For each game you have 2 checkboxes: played and installed. When you install the latest version of a game you click the installed checkbox. If an update comes, the checkbox goes away but it remembers that the old version was installed, so the version text shows both versions, the installed one and the latest one. When you finish playing a version you can click the played checkbox. If the update was just a small hot fix you can decide to mark as played since no new content was added, but not click the installed checkbox since you are still on the older version. When you click the installed checkbox now it will know you are on the latest version and the version text only shows the latest one

DeadGrowl

Nov 22, 2021
Unfortunately yes. I chose OpenGL and imgui because of how easy and dynamic they are, but imgui isn’t really made to support images, and Python is an abstraction over C++ (which imgui is written in) so loading images is very inefficient and needs to save every single pixel’s data in an array, and this takes a lot of ram. I will probably add a toggle to disable loading images for this reason too.
Okay thanks, at least I am reassured to know that this is not an exception or something that should not happen :BootyTime:

That option you mention would be appreciated but in my case I'm not in a hurry, at the time of doing something heavy like video games I usually close it so it does not affect the performance.

This monday I'm leaving for a whole week of rock/metal festival so I won't be spending much time on the internet in general (I won't have much money left either hahaha), but I think I can afford to send you a more than deserved donation.
Thanks for your work Willy :KappaPride::coffee:

• Red Heart
Reactions: WillyJL

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Games are misc and unknown because you haven’t refreshed yet! The old version didn’t have these details so it can’t just pull them out if it’s ass xD
LOOL, huge facepalm, yeaa, now I see it. :LOL:

the columns you can left click on the header to sort them by that column, click again to invert the sort,left click while holding shift to add multi sort (primary and secondary sort) and right click on the header to change what columns are visible.
If that doesn’t answer your question then I didn’t quite understand your issue, sorry
"Fix it!"
By default, in the menu that appears on right clicking any of the columns, "manual sort" was checked... so unchecked that, and now clicking on any of them, it sorts the threads correctly.

can you describe or show a video of the problems maximing?
Linking video.
Basically, for reference, I have 4 monitors...
Center one at 1920x1080 and the start menu (only screen to have it)
Left one 1920x1080
Right one at 1280x1024
and top one at 1366x768

Anyway, the video was recorded on the monitor on the left.
So, as you can see in the beginning of the video, that happens.
If I open it in the center one, the window seem to maximize correctly.
In the others, not so much as you can see

And if I maximize it in the main monitor and send it maximized to the others (with keyboard shorcuts) they don't scale well.
in the example in the left monitor, the window gets a black screen (as if it was waiting for the start menu to appear there
and if for example I send it to the smaller monitor, the window is oversized and doesn't scale down to adapt to that full screen
Hope I made myself clear LOOOL

Didn't have this issue with 8.5. Makes me wonder if in the new code, you have the maximizing screen set on the coordinates of the desktop within Windows ) like where the 0,0 is.
I mean this
2022-07-30 20_59_40.jpg
Info taken from OBS

View attachment 2022-07-30 02-49-34.mp4

Regardless, thanks for all the hard work in this!!

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
LOOL, huge facepalm, yeaa, now I see it. :LOL:

"Fix it!"
By default, in the menu that appears on right clicking any of the columns, "manual sort" was checked... so unchecked that, and now clicking on any of them, it sorts the threads correctly.

Linking video.
Basically, for reference, I have 4 monitors...
Center one at 1920x1080 and the start menu (only screen to have it)
Left one 1920x1080
Right one at 1280x1024
and top one at 1366x768

Anyway, the video was recorded on the monitor on the left.
So, as you can see in the beginning of the video, that happens.
If I open it in the center one, the window seem to maximize correctly.
In the others, not so much as you can see

And if I maximize it in the main monitor and send it maximized to the others (with keyboard shorcuts) they don't scale well.
in the example in the left monitor, the window gets a black screen (as if it was waiting for the start menu to appear there
and if for example I send it to the smaller monitor, the window is oversized and doesn't scale down to adapt to that full screen
Hope I made myself clear LOOOL

Didn't have this issue with 8.5. Makes me wonder if in the new code, you have the maximizing screen set on the coordinates of the desktop within Windows ) like where the 0,0 is.
I mean this
View attachment 1956046
Info taken from OBS

View attachment 1956039

Regardless, thanks for all the hard work in this!!
See kids, that’s why you test shit before release.
Basically there was another bug where the window would randomly not open when opening the tool. That’s because windows is stupid and instead of actually minimizing the window when you click minimize, it actually moves it to -32000 pixels in both directions, and changes the size to like 20 pixels. So do you minimized the app then closed via the tray icon, the next time you open it would spawn so far off the screen that it was unusable. So my fix was to test the coordinates and sizes every time they changed to see if they were reasonable and ignore the changes if unreasonable. But when I did that I was on Linux, which doesn’t do that retarded shit to begin with, and also was on my laptop with 1 single monitor, so I couldn’t properly test my coordinate checks. Now I know they’re garbage and need to be fixed.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Try latest build (I submitted it right now so if you’re reading this early it’ll take some time to finish building)
Build 397 seems to work great (as long as I don't use the app updater- that borked things). Thanks Willy :)

Reactions: WillyJL

mentar2000

Apr 3, 2017
The 9.0 update is supposed to import all the links from 8.5, right? I've ran both versions several times and it doesn't import for me, or even ask if that is a thing. My log file is completely blank too, so I don't know what is going on.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Build 397 seems to work great (as long as I don't use the app updater- that borked things). Thanks Willy :)
Ah, of course, forgot to update the version number for the betas... got to get used to this new build system

Reactions: Jarulf

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
The 9.0 update is supposed to import all the links from 8.5, right? I've ran both versions several times and it doesn't import for me, or even ask if that is a thing. My log file is completely blank too, so I don't know what is going on.
Does 9.0 even open?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Just released 9.1 with the major and most easily fixable issues from 9.0 addressed. All the other bugs you guys reported I am still working on and will hopefully all be addressed in 9.2. Hopefully auto updating should work fine from 9.0 from 9.1, but do let me know if you have issues.

Noctie666

Dec 5, 2021
fixed in latest build
Can confirm that the error is gone and refreshing is completed. Will it still check games with dead image links tho ?
Also, I'm not getting a popup at the end of the refresh with the games that have been updated like in the old version. Is that normal ? If I order the list by last updated I can see some were updated yesterday but there was no popup.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Can confirm that the error is gone and refreshing is completed. Will it still check games with dead image links tho ?
Also, I'm not getting a popup at the end of the refresh with the games that have been updated like in the old version. Is that normal ? If I order the list by last updated I can see some were updated yesterday but there was no popup.
Yes, it will only skip the images, the game still gets refreshed. The first full refresh on 9.0 will not show the updates because basically all games would count as updates due to all the new details and slight inconsistencies with 8.5

Reactions: Noctie666

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Just released 9.1 with the major and most easily fixable issues from 9.0 addressed. All the other bugs you guys reported I am still working on and will hopefully all be addressed in 9.2. Hopefully auto updating should work fine from 9.0 from 9.1, but do let me know if you have issues.
Can confirm does not auto update lol. Downloads it, gets to the countdown to close the program and do the update but nothing happens after and reopening is still old version. Looking at the folder it puts the updated files into a subfolder but never overrides the original files like it says it would. Moved the files manually since they do get downloaded

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes