Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
ok, this time it should be okay. now it goes the bruteforce way, it will try to delete every single file one by one and ignore errrors, same with swapping the new update files. hopefully now it wont break. on my system it works great with both binary and source, both on windows and linux. please let me know your results with @ascsd @Sttav @Dukez
For me again, it works perfectly fine!

• Love
Reactions: WillyJL

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
I started up 9.1 today and it coughed up this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\rpc_thread.py", line 17, in run_loop
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.10.4\x64\lib\xmlrpc\server.py", line 605, in __init__
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.10.4\x64\lib\socketserver.py", line 452, in __init__
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.10.4\x64\lib\socketserver.py", line 466, in server_bind
OSError: [WinError 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
unroot plebtor are you guys still experiencing the issues you reported early on 9.0? (OpenGL error and QWebEngineProcess not found)
I still get the same:
# ./F95-Checker_9.1/F95Checker
Redirecting stdout and stderr to /home/unroot/bin/F95-Checker_9.1/log.txt

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
System: Devuan Chimaera (Stable)
Nouveau drivers
no python symlink created as it's russian roulette with both python 2.7 and python 3.9 installed

DarkMask

Oct 16, 2017
Everything good to far on a fresh install, awesome work WillyJL!

Just a small GUI glitch, I can extend the window size, but the actual contents don't extend with it.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I still get the same:
# ./F95-Checker_9.1/F95Checker
Redirecting stdout and stderr to /home/unroot/bin/F95-Checker_9.1/log.txt

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
System: Devuan Chimaera (Stable)
Nouveau drivers
no python symlink created as it's russian roulette with both python 2.7 and python 3.9 installed
Just seeing nouveau gives me flashbacks... have you tried with nvidia?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I started up 9.1 today and it coughed up this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\rpc_thread.py", line 17, in run_loop
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.10.4\x64\lib\xmlrpc\server.py", line 605, in __init__
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.10.4\x64\lib\socketserver.py", line 452, in __init__
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.10.4\x64\lib\socketserver.py", line 466, in server_bind
OSError: [WinError 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
Error in rpc bind, not essential by any means. What that entails is that the web browser extension won’t work. I thought I had made a better and clearer popup but looks like I was wrong, maybe I caught the wrong exception. Either way the reason it is failing is that it can’t bing port 57095 on local host, usually due to either antivirus, firewall, hyper-V or docker. I can’t do anything to fix it, it’s just something on your system blocking it, best I can do is give a warning with possible causes

EDIT: actually no the popup is fine, you just ignored the top part with the simple explanation and simply copy pasted the traceback. Just a hint, when you need to click more info to see the error, chances are there is a better explanation written above. If the exception is visible without clicking more info usually it means the tool has no clue what happened

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
ok, this time it should be okay. now it goes the bruteforce way, it will try to delete every single file one by one and ignore errrors, same with swapping the new update files. hopefully now it wont break. on my system it works great with both binary and source, both on windows and linux. please let me know your results with @ascsd @Sttav @Dukez
Still doesn't auto update. Same problem as before it goes to the countdown and closes the program then nothing happens, file still stored in the other folder. Not sure what the other peeps are using but I'm on Win11 (FYI your app thinks its Win10). Thought maybe it's some permissions things but I made sure the folder was readable and had all the permissions required but made no difference.

If I were to offer a suggestion not knowing how it currently works exactly, would be the in the download it creates a bat file thats stored in the main folder or a subfolder with an appropriate name that runs after the program closes to restarts to update and uses basic command lines to delete the specific files in the main folder, then a slight variation to delete everything in the subfolders you know exist (lib, resources) then it extracts the update into it's place and executes the f95checker.exe to relaunch the program.

Thinking about it, the bat could just delete everything in a single line since it shouldn't be able to delete itself while being ran. Not sure how this would translate over to linux/mac though if it's a problem on those OS's as well.

As for another suggestion, I'd maybe recommend chucking a build number here for clarity's sake since it's hard to tell if there's multiple builds under the same main number.

Untitled.png

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
If I were to offer a suggestion not knowing how it currently works exactly, would be the in the download it creates a bat file thats stored in the main folder or a subfolder with an appropriate name that runs after the program closes to restarts to update and uses basic command lines to delete the specific files in the main folder, then a slight variation to delete everything in the subfolders you know exist (lib, resources) then it extracts the update into it's place and executes the f95checker.exe to relaunch the program.
thats... what it does... xD
well not exactly, but it passes the commands to powershell directly, as if it was a bat file:
- waits for app to close
- deletes every single file and subfolder in the folder (but not the folder itself, Desktop\F95Checker-Windows (example) should end up as an empty folder) ignoring errors
- moves files from the extracted folder to the new place
- starts the app again

i dont understand how its possible that on build 414 you get the update in a subfolder (like Desktop\F95Checker-Windows\F95Checker-Windows), since from 414 there is no possible way for it to end up like that... it doesnt try to move the whole folder anymore, but the individual folder contents, the worst that could happen is that it fails to delete the lib folder and you end up with Desktop\F95Checker-Windows\lib\lib. like its literally back to how 8.x autoupdate worked, so i dont understand how now it wont work

are you 110% sure youre on build 414 and that the subfolder wasnt there before or something? because im out of ideas here

Thinking about it, the bat could just delete everything in a single line since it shouldn't be able to delete itself while being ran. Not sure how this would translate over to linux/mac though if it's a problem on those OS's as well.
thankfully linux and unix like systems such as macos were made by competent people and allow you to delete files while they are being used in memory, so the issue of closing the app before updating isnt a thing and i can do it while the gui is still up, after the countdown on these OSs it just restarts the app.

As for another suggestion, I'd maybe recommend chucking a build number here for clarity's sake since it's hard to tell if there's multiple builds under the same main number.

Untitled.png
thats a good idea, yes, will add that soon

Reactions: AmBush-UK

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
i dont understand how its possible that on build 414 you get the update in a subfolder (like Desktop\F95Checker-Windows\F95Checker-Windows), since from 414 there is no possible way for it to end up like that... it doesnt try to move the whole folder anymore, but the individual folder contents, the worst that could happen is that it fails to delete the lib folder and you end up with Desktop\F95Checker-Windows\lib\lib. like its literally back to how 8.x autoupdate worked, so i dont understand how now it wont work

are you 110% sure youre on build 414 and that the subfolder wasnt there before or something? because im out of ideas here
Made me doubt, tried it again on a fresh download and it worked, tried it a couple more.. worked.. went back to 409 you tagged me in earlier to test and there it would delete (except lib folder) but still put the files in a subfolder which doesn't matter if it's fixed in 414.

Checked recycle bin and restored earliest zip folder I deleted (which was today) and it was 414 so I have no idea. Fixed itself ???

• Haha

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
Works! :D

• Love

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Just released 9.2, again from 9.1 to 9.2 the autoupdate might not work properly, so you might have to update manually, but in 9.2 i fixed this and from now on everything should update just fine

this adds @Pandemoniumk's request and other stuff i thought of
this fixes @LP83, @DarkMask and @serpentes's bugs, let me know if it works fine for you (just reacting is fine)

Last edited:

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Error in rpc bind, not essential by any means. What that entails is that the web browser extension won’t work. I thought I had made a better and clearer popup but looks like I was wrong, maybe I caught the wrong exception. Either way the reason it is failing is that it can’t bing port 57095 on local host, usually due to either antivirus, firewall, hyper-V or docker. I can’t do anything to fix it, it’s just something on your system blocking it, best I can do is give a warning with possible causes

EDIT: actually no the popup is fine, you just ignored the top part with the simple explanation and simply copy pasted the traceback. Just a hint, when you need to click more info to see the error, chances are there is a better explanation written above. If the exception is visible without clicking more info usually it means the tool has no clue what happened
No I saw it. HyperV, Docker, and Antivirus are causing the problem?! That's a pretty wide swath and not exactly enough information to be useful.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
No I saw it. HyperV, Docker, and Antivirus are causing the problem?! That's a pretty wide swath and not exactly enough information to be useful.
the error that windows gives is also not exactly enough information to be useful, and thats all ive got to worrk with. the rpc uses port 57095 and something else on your system is using or blocking that port. thats all we know. those are some common causes. might also be windows being retarded. not my fault that the most common desktop operating system is made by imbeciles

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes