Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
that didn't help me at all. I don't know what to do
The last 3 lines say to send the update_broken.bin to me. You didn’t send me it. I can’t help you without that file.

EDIT: just saw the issue on GitHub.

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
found the issue, also managed to replicate it. i added icons to the big font and now it overflows the texture buffer. didnt notice it because i dont have gui scaling on, so i neever reached the buffer pixel limit
Wow, that was a quick find! Thanks for checking it out.

Reactions: WillyJL

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
problem is, im not sure theres an easy fix... :HideThePain:
Yeah, all I can think of is to split the icons out into their own texture...but that's not an easy fix at all. :(

Is it gonna be an issue on Windows with UI upscaling there?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Yeah, all I can think of is to split the icons out into their own texture...but that's not an easy fix at all. :(

Is it gonna be an issue on Windows with UI upscaling there?
nope, only 1 texture buffer.
played arround with it and found out that imgui has a hardcoded max texture width of 4096, meaning that it wraps a lot vertically and the height exceeds the gpu driver max texture size. for now im manually overrriding that max imgui texture size to the gpu specified max size, and it seems to work well for me (went from 4096 to 16384 on my system lol). now i can set up to 3.3x scaling. also i now made it so that the max scaling is 4x, and if trying to apply that scaling value it fails, it will revert to 1.0

you can test out the fix in

Reactions: batblue

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
nope, only 1 texture buffer.
played arround with it and found out that imgui has a hardcoded max texture width of 4096, meaning that it wraps a lot vertically and the height exceeds the gpu driver max texture size. for now im manually overrriding that max imgui texture size to the gpu specified max size, and it seems to work well for me (went from 4096 to 16384 on my system lol). now i can set up to 3.3x scaling. also i now made it so that the max scaling is 4x, and if trying to apply that scaling value it fails, it will revert to 1.0

you can test out the fix in
That worked for me! Thanks for the quick fix.

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
WillyJL Explicitly adding firewall rules didn't solve it. I'm just gonna uninstall the extension and say fuck it.
I had that happen to me after running docker that had postgres and redis running. Not sure which combination of the 3 might have caused it. but even exiting docker didnt help, only a restart.
idk if that applies to you

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Tested 9.2.2, as you said, the bug I mentioned is gone and all seems to be in working order, I'll let you know if I find any other issue.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Engine couldn't run properly
copied log.txt
found a bug
went to the f95checker thread
bla bla bla
update found

short version: add version name to the thread title pls not just github (or recommend a way to get notified of new version without manually checking github website (excluding opening launcher)

Iron-Beagle

Jul 13, 2017
Gaving issues with the auto-updater. It downloads the file to somewhere, F95Checker closes, but nothing else happens. Not sure where the file was downloaded to.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Gaving issues with the auto-updater. It downloads the file to somewhere, F95Checker closes, but nothing else happens. Not sure where the file was downloaded to.
What version are you on? Cos before 9.2 it’s broken, so if you’re on 9.0 or 9.1 you need to update manually

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Engine couldn't run properly
copied log.txt
found a bug
went to the f95checker thread
bla bla bla
update found

short version: add version name to the thread title pls not just github (or recommend a way to get notified of new version without manually checking github website (excluding opening launcher)
Thing is updating the thread title is a chore and I’d end up forgetting about it. For 9.x I specifically tried to set it up so I could just update in GitHub and it would work any way. Yes on prior versions it would not check for update if the refresh failed, but now it does. Whether the refresh was successful or not, if you closed the login window or not, it will check for update after the refresh

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes