Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Deleting fixed it, here's the old one
Actually it’s the same error but not the same cause that others had experienced before... the earlier issue was closing the tool while minimized, because windows moves the window to coordinates -32000,-32000 when minimizing, so it would restore to those coordinates, therefore being unusable. In your case they are relatively normal coordinates: -2304,378... did you maybe change display configuration recently? Or did you import the file from another computer?

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
Just a quick tip for other Mac users: on some systems, when you try to run F95Checker.app, you'll get a message that the app is "damaged," and macOS will refuse to run it. This has to do with the Mac's weird quarantine system for unsigned apps, and doesn't seem to happen on all systems. (It happens on one of my two M1 Macs, even though they're both configured identically.)

If it happens, you just need to open a terminal, change directory to wherever you've installed F95Checker (e.g. cd /Applications if you put it in your Applications folder), and run the following:
Code:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine F95Checker.app
The app should open after that.

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Just a quick tip for other Mac users: on some systems, when you try to run F95Checker.app, you'll get a message that the app is "damaged," and macOS will refuse to run it. This has to do with the Mac's weird quarantine system for unsigned apps, and doesn't seem to happen on all systems. (It happens on one of my two M1 Macs, even though they're both configured identically.)

If it happens, you just need to open a terminal, change directory to wherever you've installed F95Checker (e.g. cd /Applications if you put it in your Applications folder), and run the following:
Code:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine F95Checker.app
The app should open after that.
Good find, I’ll mention that somewhere in a bit

Reactions: batblue

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
estrada777 can you try running this command in an administrator command prompt (while the tool is closed):
netsh int ipv4 add excludedportrange protocol=tcp startport=57095 numberofports=1

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
I would like to apologize for the absolute train wreck that 9.2.x was, every single fix introduced another bug, and it was all due to distraction. Even though 9.3 in particular has very little change in it, I feel like its stable enough (only 3 bugs left on my bug tracker are niche errors each experienced by 1 single user) and it is how 9.0 should have been, so I bumped to 9.3 to dissociate it from the disaster that 9.2.x was.

9.3 is up, if you are on 9.2.3 you will have to update manually. From previous 9.x versions auto update might or might not work. I myself am ashamed that I managed to fuck this up so badly, again I am truly sorry, especially considering some of you put so much trust in me to make very generous donations and I feel like I’m letting everyone down. Here’s hoping I can manage to not fuck up further
9.3 works perfect :)

don't take it to heart, you just made a major overhaul and you were away. you know what they say, the last 10% takes up 90% of the time.
also, take the approach that some of the authors take. its a donation, not a purchase. So you don't owe anyone who donates a release :ROFLMAO:

Iron-Beagle

Jul 13, 2017
Did you get the update in a subfolder of the original? Does anything at all in the folder have a newer edited time?
Howdy. Nope nothing new was put into the main folder, a subfolder or otherwise. I've manually updated to 9.3 now so we will see how it goes from here.

Noctie666

Dec 5, 2021
Actually it’s the same error but not the same cause that others had experienced before... the earlier issue was closing the tool while minimized, because windows moves the window to coordinates -32000,-32000 when minimizing, so it would restore to those coordinates, therefore being unusable. In your case they are relatively normal coordinates: -2304,378... did you maybe change display configuration recently? Or did you import the file from another computer?
Yes actually. Sometimes I have my TV connected which is 4K while my monitor is 1440p. I did suspect it had something to do with it but the GUI wasn't on the TV either and even when I disconnected it I still couldn't get the GUI back in the monitor.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
Wait so when you installed 9.0 you dropped into the existing 8.5 folder? Cos if that’s the case it could be some .dll file that was bundled with 8.5 but not with 9.0... I did radically change the bundling system with 9.0 after all
installation folder was different for every version, 9.0 was installed in different folder, and after it failed to auto update to 9.1 later - got new install too
but whatever old configs/db in \AppData\Roaming\f95checker and \AppData\Local\f95checker was still present for that time, when i did clean installs later - those was moved/deleted
btw, is there any more places app write its data? i wonder if clean install is not that clean and some broken things still persist

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
installation folder was different for every version, 9.0 was installed in different folder, and after it failed to auto update to 9.1 later - got new install too
but whatever old configs/db in \AppData\Roaming\f95checker and \AppData\Local\f95checker was still present for that time, when i did clean installs later - those was moved/deleted
btw, is there any more places app write its data? i wonder if clean install is not that clean and some broken things still persist
No other places that I made it write to, but the underlying libraries might do stuff I’m unaware of... also what do you mean appdata local? You have data in there?

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
No other places that I made it write to, but the underlying libraries might do stuff I’m unaware of... also what do you mean appdata local? You have data in there?
\AppData\Local\F95Checker\cache\QtWebEngine\Default\Cache got bunch of small files without extension
\AppData\Local\F95Checker\QtWebEngine\Default\ got whole bunch of files and folders, looks like some cookies, more cache, session info and so on, judging by files and folder names
it was all created by 8.5 there, along with stuff in \AppData\Roaming

edit: just tried latest 9.3 - looks like same thing as always
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

edit2: or almost same thing? last time it was "Cannot connect to host f95zone.to", now it's api.github.com?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
\AppData\Local\F95Checker\cache\QtWebEngine\Default\Cache got bunch of small files without extension
\AppData\Local\F95Checker\QtWebEngine\Default\ got whole bunch of files and folders, looks like some cookies, more cache, session info and so one, judging by files and folder names
it was all created by 8.5 there, along with stuff in \AppData\Roaming
Ah yeah see what I mean, I didn’t make it write there, but qt decided to do so. The first ones as the path suggests are cache files from the login window, and the default folder is the profile for the browser window. At the time I didn’t manage to make it use the equivalent of a private mode so it had to store the profile data somewhere... 9.0 only stores that stuff in memory like incognito would, also so that les snugs happen with bad login, but wherever.

this doesn’t get us much closer to why9.x isn’t working for you...

I had an idea though, try copying all the files from 8.5 folder into the 9.x folder and it’s lib folder, then also the 8.5 lib folder contents into the main 9.x folder and also into the lib folder of 9.x. Then see if 9.x runs (when copying don’t replace already existing files tho!)

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Yes actually. Sometimes I have my TV connected which is 4K while my monitor is 1440p. I did suspect it had something to do with it but the GUI wasn't on the TV either and even when I disconnected it I still couldn't get the GUI back in the monitor.
can you retry with that same broken file and check that 9.3 still fucks up with it, and then see if fixes it? (youll need a github account to download the beta build)

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
I had an idea though, try copying all the files from 8.5 folder into the 9.x folder and it’s lib folder, then also the 8.5 lib folder contents into the main 9.x folder and also into the lib folder of 9.x. Then see if 9.x runs (when copying don’t replace already existing files tho!)
tried it while also launching app after each copying step - it doesn't affect it at all, app starts but immediately gets same error when trying to connect

• Sad

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
welp, i fix the problem, radically
just formatted C: and reinstalled OS, took a while to restore everything back again, but now 9.3 works fine - ask for a login on start instead of the error and picks up old db
still got a feeling it was some broken parts after failed auto update hidden somewhere and messing everything, but at least it works now

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
welp, i fix the problem, radically
just formatted C: and reinstalled OS, took a while to restore everything back again, but now 9.3 works fine - ask for a login on start instead of the error and picks up old db
still got a feeling it was some broken parts after failed auto update hidden somewhere and messing everything, but at least it works now
Damn, quite the extreme fix lol. I do often recommend to reinstall windows every 1-2 years because it fucks itself up often, so maybe it was that, but who know it could have been anything... sorry you had to go though that :/ but hey it works now :HideThePain:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
  • Sorting and filtering by most of above details, with multisort and multifilter support
Either I am missing something or just doing it wrong... I'm trying to get the list sorted on multiple columns (without using filters) but for the life of me I can't get it to sort the way I want... it always only sorts on the column I click on

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Either I am missing something or just doing it wrong... I'm trying to get the list sorted on multiple columns (without using filters) but for the life of me I can't get it to sort the way I want... it always only sorts on the column I click on
Holding shift while clicking will add a secondary sort, I should mention that somewhere

Reactions: FaceCrap
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes