Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

Iluvatar_SVK

Jun 14, 2019
Hello WillyJL.
First of all, I want to thank you for this great program. I am very glad that you are doing this for us.

However, I want to ask you one thing. Marking games that are abandoned.
For example, I have three games marked as abandoned in my game list: Come Inside, Lexi and The Second Half.
All three games are abandoned, but only Lexi is marked as "Abandoned" in your program.
Why is that?

In case you can't do it automatically, is there any way for me to set this tag manually in your program?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
AmBush-UK Iluvatar_SVK read the “about the speed section” in OP. Quick checks only check for thread title changes. At most every week, or if you force it by right clicking the game / the refresh button, a full check will run instead. A full check will get all the detailed info, including whether games are abandoned or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iluvatar_SVK

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Question: what do each icons mean?
1659810499131.png

bug report: Removing/deleting a thread made the app close
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\cx_Freeze\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 113, in run
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\cx_Freeze\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 15, in run
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 79, in <module>
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 59, in main
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 494, in main_loop
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 1127, in draw_game_info_popup
IndexError: list index out of range
this doesn't happen when using the remove button from the Manage option

Request: Improve bug that shows developper name as unknown
it currently fails if it's in bold and was wondering what it takes to fix this. Either fix it from the app or from the forum
1659811277656.png
1659811261026.png

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Question: what do each icons mean?
You wrote notes for this game, that’s the version you have installed, that’s the latest version

bug report: Removing/deleting a thread made the app close
Will look into it

Request: Improve bug that shows developper name as unknown
it currently fails if it's in bold and was wondering what it takes to fix this. Either fix it from the app or from the forum
Issue is that parsing isn’t that easy. If I parse as plain text until the end of the line you also get “patreon” and the rest of the links, and making a filter for them isn’t that feasible since some artists have their own websites or maybe sometimes it is spelled differently. When using instead the HTML element hierarchy, if both elements are in bold they count as one html element, so it fails to find the developer text.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
I keep forgetting deleting a thread crashes the app XD

while doing some cleanup of archives noticed something important. just like windows file explorer, is it possible to sort a column and still keep alphabetical order?
1659863388119.png

1659863452895.png

magrao121

Apr 1, 2019
hi WillyJL beside the thread tags any plans to add custom user tag and a filter in the program? I mean for someone how may have like 400+ games added and want to filter for a tag like for example "want to play" and stuff like that...

ShinyDarkRai

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
It's a very good tool. I mean At this point You could go one step further and add the option to download and update the game directly from that program but then what do you need f95 for? :p

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
It's a very good tool. I mean At this point You could go one step further and add the option to download and update the game directly from that program but then what do you need f95 for? :p
I know it’s one of the only things it’s missing that is really requested but I will not do that. Read the FAQ. It’s the reason I made this tool and why I feel like others were too complex

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
hi WillyJL beside the thread tags any plans to add custom user tag and a filter in the program? I mean for someone how may have like 400+ games added and want to filter for a tag like for example "want to play" and stuff like that...
You could use notes for that and you can also sort by notes, but I guess that could be a good feature

Reactions: magrao121

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
I know it’s one of the only things it’s missing that is really requested but I will not do that. Read the FAQ. It’s the reason I made this tool and why I feel like others were too complex
What about copy a dl link to clipboard?

Just choose your top 3 file host provider and it'll first check if checker can copy from host #1 and copy the link to clipboard, if not it copies from host #2 etc...
JDownloader has a feature to check dl link on clipboard so it's good synergy with checker. When the link is on clipboard. JDownloader will notify that the dl link is now saved on its to-do list

It's not optimal but it'd be a good teamwork between 2 softwares

P.s. I just woke up so my phrasing is not the best. Ask me to rephrase if you didn't understand
Multisort, hold shift while sorting another column
Ooh sound good. How was this not taught on a Readme.txt or on right click option? :eek:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
What about copy a dl link to clipboard?

Just choose your top 3 file host provider and it'll first check if checker can copy from host #1 and copy the link to clipboard, if not it copies from host #2 etc...
JDownloader has a feature to check dl link on clipboard so it's good synergy with checker. When the link is on clipboard. JDownloader will notify that the dl link is now saved on its to-do list

It's not optimal but it'd be a good teamwork between 2 softwares
Ehh, I guess so but then again some file hosts have links masked... those would never be usable from the checker, or atleast they would require a popup window due to the captcha to convert the masked into a real link and then copy the real link (now that I think about it that’s a nice personal challenge that might be interesting to work on)

still tho idk if Sam would be ok with this (tldr: I’d add an option to copy game download links (user can choose preferred host) to f95checker, masked links would open a small browser window for captcha, would that be ok?)

Ooh sound good. How was this not taught on a Readme.txt or on right click option? :eek:
Already made a reminder to add that to FAQ or whatever

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Ehh, I guess so but then again some file hosts have links masked... those would never be usable from the checker, or atleast they would require a popup window due to the captcha to convert the masked into a real link and then copy the real link (now that I think about it that’s a nice personal challenge that might be interesting to work on)

still tho idk if Sam would be ok with this (tldr: I’d add an option to copy game download links (user can choose preferred host) to f95checker, masked links would open a small browser window for captcha, would that be ok?)

Already made a reminder to add that to FAQ or whatever
Personally I'd like if donor role could bypass that link masking.
But speaking of donor. Bonus point if you can add donor dl link to clipboard

Otherwise yeah. Could wait for an answer from Sam or start now and take masked link file host into consideration that it's not optimal yet

DeadGrowl

Nov 22, 2021
Hey man, I'm back from the Heavy Metal festival :BootyTime:
Wow, there has been a lot of updates in my absence, hope everything is going well ;)
What is not going to go so well is my pp, after a missing week he's going to have a hard time :WeSmart:

Captura.PNG

• Haha
Reactions: WillyJL

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
Daaamn, look what happened to this awesomeness while I am not so active :D

I am very glad you are doing good Willy ^^

• Red Heart
Reactions: WillyJL
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes