Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
Just released 9.1 with the major and most easily fixable issues from 9.0 addressed. All the other bugs you guys reported I am still working on and will hopefully all be addressed in 9.2. Hopefully auto updating should work fine from 9.0 from 9.1, but do let me know if you have issues.
The auto-update didn't work. It downloaded the update but it didn't override anything.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Can confirm does not auto update lol. Downloads it, gets to the countdown to close the program and do the update but nothing happens after and reopening is still old version. Looking at the folder it puts the updated files into a subfolder but never overrides the original files like it says it would. Moved the files manually since they do get downloaded
The auto-update didn't work. It downloaded the update but it didn't override anything.
Damn, 9.x really was a rocky release huh :HideThePain:

• Haha
Reactions: CCrusader

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
9.0 was working fine for me, but 9.1 just immediately gives connection error (on start or on refresh) and thats it
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

edit: reverting back to 9.0 doesn't fix the problem, i think something broke during auto update or launch of 9.1

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
9.0 was working fine for me, but 9.1 just immediately gives connection error (on start or on refresh) and thats it

edit: reverting back to 9.0 doesn't fix the problem, i think something broke during auto update or launch of 9.1
Try restarting your pc, if that doesn’t work try clear bing the cookies from the sidebar (manage > clear)

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
Try restarting your pc, if that doesn’t work try clear bing the cookies from the sidebar (manage > clear)
restarted and removed all cookies - same thing
not sure if clearing cookies actually did anything, aren't it supposed to log me out or i read it wrong?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
restarted and removed all cookies - same thing
not sure if clearing cookies actually did anything, aren't it supposed to log me out or i read it wrong?
It should have... maybe you need to reopen the app after clearing, I did also notice it can be inconsistent at times

EDIT: actually no I’m stupid, the error is happening while checking if you are logged in, so cookies probably won’t make a big difference... my best guess is antivirus or firewall or isp blocking you. Might also be ddos guard blocking your ip, maybe try with a vpn or with another network...I’m really not sure what could be the issue, it’s just a generic network problem, and since rolling back to 9.0 doesn’t fix it I really have no clue.. again, might be antivirus

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
It should have... maybe you need to reopen the app after clearing, I did also notice it can be inconsistent at times

EDIT: actually no I’m stupid, the error is happening while checking if you are logged in, so cookies probably won’t make a big difference... my best guess is antivirus or firewall or isp blocking you. Might also be ddos guard blocking your ip, maybe try with a vpn or with another network...I’m really not sure what could be the issue, it’s just a generic network problem, and since rolling back to 9.0 doesn’t fix it I really have no clue.. again, might be antivirus
after some trial and error - looks like whole 9.x is broken for me, reason 9.0 was working cuz there were still some configs from 8.5, but installing (or even auto updating?) 9.1 broke everything
clean install of both 9.0 and 9.1 results in connection error, neither even ask me for a login
clean install of 8.5 works just fine, installing 9.0 after that used to work (supposedly, i was using 9.0 to this moment without problems), but now everything brakes into connection error (while 8.5 still works even on updated(?) db)
so yeah, dunno what to do with all that, looks like it's back to 8.5 for me

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
LOOL, huge facepalm, yeaa, now I see it. :LOL:

"Fix it!"
By default, in the menu that appears on right clicking any of the columns, "manual sort" was checked... so unchecked that, and now clicking on any of them, it sorts the threads correctly.

Linking video.
Basically, for reference, I have 4 monitors...
Center one at 1920x1080 and the start menu (only screen to have it)
Left one 1920x1080
Right one at 1280x1024
and top one at 1366x768

Anyway, the video was recorded on the monitor on the left.
So, as you can see in the beginning of the video, that happens.
If I open it in the center one, the window seem to maximize correctly.
In the others, not so much as you can see

And if I maximize it in the main monitor and send it maximized to the others (with keyboard shorcuts) they don't scale well.
in the example in the left monitor, the window gets a black screen (as if it was waiting for the start menu to appear there
and if for example I send it to the smaller monitor, the window is oversized and doesn't scale down to adapt to that full screen
Hope I made myself clear LOOOL

Didn't have this issue with 8.5. Makes me wonder if in the new code, you have the maximizing screen set on the coordinates of the desktop within Windows ) like where the 0,0 is.
I mean this
View attachment 1956046
Info taken from OBS

View attachment 1956039

Regardless, thanks for all the hard work in this!!
fixed upstream. as is often the case, my original fix was way over engineered xD

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
after some trial and error - looks like whole 9.x is broken for me, reason 9.0 was working cuz there were still some configs from 8.5, but installing (or even auto updating?) 9.1 broke everything
clean install of both 9.0 and 9.1 results in connection error, neither even ask me for a login
clean install of 8.5 works just fine, installing 9.0 after that used to work (supposedly, i was using 9.0 to this moment without problems), but now everything brakes into connection error (while 8.5 still works even on updated(?) db)
so yeah, dunno what to do with all that, looks like it's back to 8.5 for me
ill try to look more into it but i need as much info as i can get, mainly if the error you posted before is the same message you always get. the only thing i care about is the last line of the log, is it always the same (aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientConnectorError: Cannot connect to host f95zone.to:443 ssl:False [An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host]) or do you sometimes get different ones?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Can confirm does not auto update lol. Downloads it, gets to the countdown to close the program and do the update but nothing happens after and reopening is still old version. Looking at the folder it puts the updated files into a subfolder but never overrides the original files like it says it would. Moved the files manually since they do get downloaded
can you guys please try ? its still marked with 9.1 beta but it has the new update system so it should try (and hopefully succeed) to "update" to 9.1 public. if thats the case this new system will end up in 9.2 public

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
ill try to look more into it but i need as much info as i can get, mainly if the error you posted before is the same message you always get. the only thing i care about is the last line of the log, is it always the same (aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientConnectorError: Cannot connect to host f95zone.to:443 ssl:False [An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host]) or do you sometimes get different ones?
yeah, it is always the same to a line
just tried clean 9.1 again - same error, no ask for a login

ogKimra

Nov 13, 2021
Great Work! Although I would like to ask if you could add the images from the games(not of banner) as well.. This will be helpful when we play a game which is getting updated after months to remind ourselves of the render quality/remember moments..
And they get saved to the local files..:)
Can you think of adding this too?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Great Work! Although I would like to ask if you could add the images from the games(not of banner) as well.. This will be helpful when we play a game which is getting updated after months to remind ourselves of the render quality/remember moments..
And they get saved to the local files..:)
Can you think of adding this too?
Would take too much space (I’m already unhappy with how much the header images take lol) and add too much complexity

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
unroot plebtor are you guys still experiencing the issues you reported early on 9.0? (OpenGL error and QWebEngineProcess not found)

serpentes

Apr 24, 2017
Found a small visual bug. When selecting firefox from the dropdown it will show as if microsoft edge is selected. It does show correctly when I select chrome. It's just visual though, it will still open firefox when selected. On version 9.1

• Thinking Face
Reactions: WillyJL

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
can you guys please try ? its still marked with 9.1 beta but it has the new update system so it should try (and hopefully succeed) to "update" to 9.1 public. if thats the case this new system will end up in 9.2 public
just tried updating with 9.1 beta Build #409
like 9.0, it copies the update files to a folder inside the f95checker folder ./F95Checker-Windows-mnw85nig/
but unlike 9.0 which kept the original files untouched. it deletes everything except ./lib/glfw/glfw3.dll

moving the contents of ./F95Checker-Windows-mnw85nig/ to the folder works

ps. if someone has tried to update before, they will have multiple of those folders, each 400MB

• Sad

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I have a question / suggestion - could this tool be made online?
This is a real desktop app, not the usual electron bullshit. A web version would require writing a completely new app, so no

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
Yes, for me it worked this time.

• Thinking Face

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
just tried updating with 9.1 beta Build #409
like 9.0, it copies the update files to a folder inside the f95checker folder ./F95Checker-Windows-mnw85nig/
but unlike 9.0 which kept the original files untouched. it deletes everything except ./lib/glfw/glfw3.dll

moving the contents of ./F95Checker-Windows-mnw85nig/ to the folder works

ps. if someone has tried to update before, they will have multiple of those folders, each 400MB
ok, this time it should be okay. now it goes the bruteforce way, it will try to delete every single file one by one and ignore errrors, same with swapping the new update files. hopefully now it wont break. on my system it works great with both binary and source, both on windows and linux. please let me know your results with @ascsd @Sttav @Dukez

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes