Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
ascsd your error could be two things: either windows (or your antivirus/firewall) decided to be retarded and use some random port that f95checker also uses, some reports online suggest that hyper-v and docker sometimes use random ports for no reason, or your firewall is blocking the port from being bound at all.
If you mess around in some settings, you need to look for a way to unblock or free port 57095 (don’t port forward it tho!). I’m not sure if I should suppress the error, or write some small popup saying hey something is blocking this port, if you don’t fix it then the browser extension won’t work. Either way that’s the most I can do when the port is being blocked

Jarulf jemesbond your errors should be fixed in the latest beta build, try it here and let me know find the newest one with a green tick mark and download the correct artifact for your system (GitHub account is required)
I was running docker yest. Can't remember if I had turned it off before running the tool.
After a restart, it works normally now :)

probably best to show a popup so user's aren't confused when the extension doesn't work. but not sure how to tell them why in simple terms :p

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Well, .... still has problem with Firefox.
Hm, my best guess is that you had Firefox then uninstalled it and installed another version, so in the system registry there are two Mozilla Firefox entries, one broken and one not. I guess I’ll just add a file exists check for the time being

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Also guys thank you so much for the donations!! It makes me so happy to know that you enjoy this tool so much to make a donation :D

just wanted to know who you guys are so I can add you to the supporters list. I know for a fact yesterday was Jarulf, and of the 2 today I’m guessing one was ascsd? Last one a few hours ago I have no idea. If you wish to stay anonymous that’s also perfectly fine of course

Reactions: Jarulf

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I was running docker yest. Can't remember if I had turned it off before running the tool.
After a restart, it works normally now :)

probably best to show a popup so user's aren't confused when the extension doesn't work. but not sure how to tell them why in simple terms :p
1659126574756.png
(that traceback is a dummy just to test of course)

Reactions: ascsd

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Noctie666 jemesbond your errors should be fixed in the latest beta build, try it here and let me know find the newest one with a green tick mark and download the correct artifact for your system (GitHub account is required)

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Jarulf can you try running:
Bash:
./F95Checker -c "import aiohttp;print(aiohttp.__version__)"
and telling me what output you get?

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
still getting some timeout error
at least this is a new message, hopefully it helps with debugging

Code:
D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py:701: RuntimeWarning: coroutine 'check' was never awaited
RuntimeWarning: Enable tracemalloc to get the object allocation traceback

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Jarulf can you try running:
Bash:
./F95Checker -c "import aiohttp;print(aiohttp.__version__)"
and telling me what output you get?
Code:
brosen@Delirium:~/Visual Novels/F95Checker/386$ ./F95Checker -c "import aiohttp;print(aiohttp.__version__)"
brosen@Delirium:~/Visual Novels/F95Checker/386$

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hey, I'm stopping by again.
Quick question. Is this normal?
1 GB of RAM for itself :cool:

View attachment 1953772
Unfortunately yes. I chose OpenGL and imgui because of how easy and dynamic they are, but imgui isn’t really made to support images, and Python is an abstraction over C++ (which imgui is written in) so loading images is very inefficient and needs to save every single pixel’s data in an array, and this takes a lot of ram. I will probably add a toggle to disable loading images for this reason too.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeadGrowl

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Nice to see a new version!
So far it seems to be everything checked like on v8.5. So Far So Good

quick question that dunnno if it was answered... are the columns active to order the games according to each column, or is it not working due to a bug?
Sometimes the window has issues when maximizing as well
Also, out of curiosity, the type being all "misc" and the author "unknown" is coz you still need tom program it to fetch the correct info, right?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Nice to see a new version!
So far it seems to be everything checked like on v8.5. So Far So Good

quick question that dunnno if it was answered... are the columns active to order the games according to each column, or is it not working due to a bug?
Sometimes the window has issues when maximizing as well
Also, out of curiosity, the type being all "misc" and the author "unknown" is coz you still need tom program it to fetch the correct info, right?
Games are misc and unknown because you haven’t refreshed yet! The old version didn’t have these details so it can’t just pull them out if it’s ass xD

can you describe or show a video of the problems maximing?

the columns you can left click on the header to sort them by that column, click again to invert the sort,left click while holding shift to add multi sort (primary and secondary sort) and right click on the header to change what columns are visible.
If that doesn’t answer your question then I didn’t quite understand your issue, sorry

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hey, quick question is it possible to add multiple of the same game some creators have chapter based downloads rather then all in one?
This tool is thread based, each thread on f95zone has a unique id, and only 1 of each thread can be added

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Code:
brosen@Delirium:~/Visual Novels/F95Checker/386$ ./F95Checker -c "import aiohttp;print(aiohttp.__version__)"
brosen@Delirium:~/Visual Novels/F95Checker/386$
Ok so, that error you’re getting is very misleading. ssl=False is ok normally, but when import ssl fails, then no ssl=* value is accepted. The error message is just totally unrelated in this case. So I didn’t fix the previous error, I just ignored it. I thought including libssl in the build would fix it since the import error was libssl missing but looks like that wasn’t enough.
Try:
./F95Checker -c "import ssl"
The install openssl with your package manager (I’m guessing it’s not installed at this point)
then again

Hunteraulo

Jan 21, 2022
Hi,
all the negative points I had with the old versions have been solved with this new version. Just perfect.
I just have a small question, how to distinguish between a game in progress but not up to date and a game to do.
Thanks again for the update

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hi,
all the negative points I had with the old versions have been solved with this new version. Just perfect.
I just have a small question, how to distinguish between a game in progress but not up to date and a game to do.
Thanks again for the update
For each game you have 2 checkboxes: played and installed. When you install the latest version of a game you click the installed checkbox. If an update comes, the checkbox goes away but it remembers that the old version was installed, so the version text shows both versions, the installed one and the latest one. When you finish playing a version you can click the played checkbox. If the update was just a small hot fix you can decide to mark as played since no new content was added, but not click the installed checkbox since you are still on the older version. When you click the installed checkbox now it will know you are on the latest version and the version text only shows the latest one

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
The install openssl with your package manager (I’m guessing it’s not installed at this point)
then again
Computer says "no"

Code:
brosen@Delirium:~/Visual Novels/F95Checker/393$ ./F95Checker -c "import ssl"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/runner/work/F95Checker/F95Checker/cx_Freeze/cx_Freeze/initscripts/__startup__.py", line 113, in run
  File "/home/runner/work/F95Checker/F95Checker/cx_Freeze/cx_Freeze/initscripts/Console.py", line 15, in run
  File "/home/runner/work/F95Checker/F95Checker/src/main.py", line 76, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.10.4/x64/lib/python3.10/ssl.py", line 98, in <module>
ImportError: libcrypto.so.1.1: kan inte öppna delad objektfil: Filen eller katalogen finns inte
just checking to make sure

Code:
brosen@Delirium:~/Visual Novels/F95Checker/393$ sudo apt install openssl
[sudo] lösenord för brosen: 
Läser paketlistor… Färdig
Bygger beroendeträd… Färdig
Läser tillståndsinformation… Färdig
openssl is already the newest version (3.0.2-0ubuntu1.6).
openssl är satt till manuellt installerad.
0 att uppgradera, 0 att nyinstallera, 0 att ta bort och 19 att inte uppgradera

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes